• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Max is 1080p on PS4 and Xbox One

creatchee

720p was last gens new hotness.

I guess once people have gotten a taste of higher res and frame rates, they crave more. That's why people have been obsessed with consoles hitting that 1080p 60fps mark.

I'm obsessed with playing fun games. Resolution and frame rate are seasoning - the game is the steak.

Bedlam

Yea I know it's ridiculous here, but the thing is that you never run out of map, you know how in every open world game at some point the game tells you that you can't proceed anymore because you've reached the boundaries?

Than here it never happens, game is always "building" terrain for you even if you are out of the map's boundaries, you will just drive a big and empty space with nothing to do but you can do it for hours if you wants, that's what I got from them.

I think, not sure, that this is why the pop up is so bad, this is how this engine renders, but wait for someone more knowledgeable to clarify, maybe I'm talking nonsense,
No, this is not the issue here. This is about how much foliage/ground details can be displayed at any point in the game and how it is distributed within that viewpoint, not about how far the map stretches (and the foliage with it).

Yeah, many open-world games stop streaming in foliage at the edge of their maps but having it streaming in beyond those edges is nice but not that impressive of a feature.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Resolution is just a number, now screen-tearing and frame rate is what matters to me. It is locked at at least 30 with no tearing, I will be very happy.

Yep.

Tearing
Inconsistent framerate
Aliasing
Pop in
Texture loading
Particle effects

All far more important to me than resolution.

Loomer

Every game on the Xbox One is output at 1080p.

A wise man once told me this.

Steve-Ballmer-1.jpg

BigDug13

I'm obsessed with playing fun games. Resolution and frame rate are seasoning - the game is the steak.

These are games coming out on every platform and PC's being able to run these games at 60fps and 1080p already this gen is a bit disheartening. Just because we're discussing resolutions doesn't mean we only want resolutions and are avoiding fun games. PC is full of fun games and nearly all of them are playable at 1080p. It's disappointing that already it's a struggle on at least one console.

If the game is the steak and one platform gives you 16oz of steak, another platform gives you 14oz of the exact same steak, and a third platform gives you a 12oz of the exact same steak and we are all discussing the differences, coming in and saying "I like steak" isn't really a contribution.

At least in this instance, a minimum standard has been reached on consoles.

creatchee

These are games coming out on every platform and PC's being able to run these games at 60fps and 1080p already this gen is a bit disheartening. Just because we're discussing resolutions doesn't mean we only want resolutions and are avoiding fun games. PC is full of fun games and nearly all of them are playable at 1080p. It's disappointing that already it's a struggle on at least one console.

If the game is the steak and one platform gives you 16oz of steak, another platform gives you 14oz of the exact same steak, and a third platform gives you a 12oz of the exact same steak and we are all discussing the differences, coming in and saying "I like steak" isn't really a contribution.

Some people don't need 16oz of steak to be satisfied and don't really care what other people ordered.

statham

At least in this instance, a minimum standard has been reached on consoles.

But the steak is the same size on both plates! we just unsure of the seasoning! me myself I like light seasoning.

has there been any XB1 footage shown? I have only seen the PC and PS4 gameplay vids

edit: will contemplate the XB1 purchase if it's decent- got a lot of MS Points burning a hole in the wallet there

anothertech

Valhalla!

And will be interesting to see what differences, if any, there are in frames/performance if they really went full res on both. Fun times for us all :D

Top Bottom