• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Men - Season 4 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not watching a single piece of media for season 5, but I hope this means she'll have a larger role than in season 4.

There is no new footage in these commercials. Matthew Weiner is crazy protective about new footage, and hasn't sent out screeners because he believes critics "spoiled" the before last season's premier.

Dany

Banned
Knowing Mad Men, any teaser/trailer would just be a random string of nonsensical sentences and out of context glares.

I watched on netflix so I dunno how bad there promos are but I heard they were some of the worst, youtube isn't helping me search.

I watched on netflix so I dunno how bad there promos are but I heard they were some of the worst, youtube isn't helping me search.
A few examples:

Six-Month Leave

Meditations in an Emergency

Yeah, they're pretty bad
lol.gif

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
None of these previews have any season 5 content in them.

None of the promos are showing any new footage, which I like..but a tease would be good.

all the promos so far are just clips from past seasons

There is no new footage in these commercials. Matthew Weiner is crazy protective about new footage, and hasn't sent out screeners because he believes critics "spoiled" the before last season's premier.

Oh okay. That's good to know! Thanks for all the responses!

wasn't january pregnant during filming? seems like that would kind of limit her possibilities

Maybe she's pregnant with Henry's baby?

I can't wait anymore... Worst part is I'm in the Netherlands so I have no idea when the new season will even start airing here, ugh. I was lucky I could just rent the first 4 season from the library and watch it obsessively, how am I going to survive waiting for the new episodes while you guys get to see everything already. This is why I don't like getting into shows that are still running, at some point you're out of seasons and you have to wait for a new episode every week.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I can't wait anymore... Worst part is I'm in the Netherlands so I have no idea when the new season will even start airing here, ugh. I was lucky I could just rent the first 4 season from the library and watch it obsessively, how am I going to survive waiting for the new episodes while you guys get to see everything already. This is why I don't like getting into shows that are still running, at some point you're out of seasons and you have to wait for a new episode every week.
You might be able to watch the premiere on AMC's website - and there is always iTunes and stuff if you don't want to straight up pirate it

G17

Is there a good resource that gives a refresher on what happened in all the episodes of the past seasons? It's always good to recall those events/dialogues which you may have forgotten.

You might be able to watch the premiere on AMC's website - and there is always iTunes and stuff if you don't want to straight up pirate it
Hm, they'll probably only make it available for US citizens on their site though. And I've never bought TV shows from iTunes or the like, but from what I've seen on other services the per episode price isn't that cheap unfortunately. (The price per season DVD at my library was 2 euro's which is an amazing deal, 13 x 45 minute episodes at 16 cents per episode and with better image quality than I would have gotten from the TV channel it's on here. I mean I love books and reading, but finding out that my library had all these amazing shows for that cheap was crazy.) I just hope they bring it to TV soon after it hits the US.
Amazing how they turned the character you most sympathized and felt sorry for in S1 into the most unlikable character by S5.
It truly is. I thought I couldn't hate anyone more than Don, but she's a real nutter.

Ultimadrago

Amazing how they turned the character you most sympathized and felt sorry for in S1 into the most unlikable character by S5.

Amen to that.

Not sure if I should applaud or condemn the writers for that direction.

....Aw, hell. I'll applaud. I've come to enjoy Dick Dastardly Queen Betty.

Purexed

Banned
So glad I popped in, I had no clue the new season was starting so soon.

Watched the first three seasons on DVD and Amazon On Demand

I don't think Bobby's lack of development is a huge issue or anything, but it's definitely one of the show's biggest weaknesses.

It wouldn't be so glaring if Sally weren't getting such meaty material.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I don't think Bobby's lack of development is a huge issue or anything, but it's definitely one of the show's biggest weaknesses.

It wouldn't be so glaring if Sally weren't getting such meaty material.

I just read an article from August that said that
the new Bobby was set to appear in 7 episodes this season. Obviously things could have changed since then but hopefully that means he'll have a more prominent role. Of course, it could just mean that he appears in the background too.

Just started season 4 and everything is weird. Loved the last episode of season 3, it felt bad ass in a way the show doesn't but man, it's really hard to get used to their new office.

I just read an article from August that said that
the new Bobby was set to appear in 7 episodes this season. Obviously things could have changed since then but hopefully that means he'll have a more prominent role. Of course, it could just mean that he appears in the background too.

Reminding the audience he exists before killing him off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom