• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden '16 online franchise Season 2 Awards: It's too late to be late again!

Welcome to the madden awards thread for season 2! Will there be an awards thread for season 3? I don't know, maybe! I probably forgot some things that happened along the way, but i'm old now I can't be expected to remember it all! So without further Adoo (as my boy tlbb would say), enjoy the awards.

NFL MVP - TJ Landrum (Texans)
Coach of the Year - Cheatin' Chip Kelly (Eagles)

AFC OPOTY - Leveon Bell (Steelers)
AFC DPOTY - phillip Wheeler (patriots)
AFC OROY - Jacorie Gandy (colts)
AFC DROY - Jack Donaldson (bills)
Best QB - TJ Landrum (Texans)
Best RB - Levon Bell (Steelers)
Best WR - Zach Mcdonald (raiders)
Best OL - Duane Brown (Texans)
Best DL - Carlos Dunlap (bengals)
Best LB - Jack Donaldson (bills)
Best DB - Reshad Jones (Dolphins)
Best K - Jason Myers (jags)

NFC opoty - demarco murray (eagles)
NFC Dpoty - mychal kendricks (eagles)
NFC Oroy - tyronne mckay (cowboys)
NFC Droy - antoine barnett (vikes)
Best qb - tony romo (cowboys)
best rb - demarco murray (eagles)
best wr - tyronne mckay (cowboys)
best ol - zack martin (cowboys)
best dl - vic beasley (falcons)
best lb - mychal kendricks (eagles)
best db - eric reid (49ers)
best k - greg zuerlein (rams)

Best QB (Rating) - Andrew Luck (Colts) - 297/427, 4,347 yards, 32 TD, 14 INT (113.7 rating)
Worst QB (Rating) - Ryan Tannehill (Dolphins) - 254/435, 2,857 yards, 14 TD, 37 INT (53.3 rating)
Best RB (Yards) - Demarco Murray (Eagles) - 308 carries, 1,873 yards, 20 TD
Best WR (Yards) - Tyronne Mckay (Cowboys) - 96 catches, 1850 yards, 19 TD
Best Defensive player (Tackles) - Phillip Wheeler (Patriots) - 156 tackles (84 solo, 72 assisted)
Best Defensive player (sacks) - Carlos Dunlap (Bengals) - 17.5 sacks
Best Defensive player (ints) - Jack Donaldson (Bills), Eric Reid (49ers), Antoine Barnett (Vikings), Mychalk Kendricks (Eagles) - 11

Best offense (Yards) - Raiders: 6,149 yards (4203 passing, 1946 rushing)
Worst offense (Yards) - Vikings: 3,883 yards (2830 passing, 1,053 rushing)
Best offense (Ppg) - Raiders (33.4)
Worst offense (ppg) - Dolphins (13.4)
Best 3rd down conversion rate - Eagles, 55%
Worst 3rd down conversion rate - Ravens, 35%
Best offensive redzone efficiency - Eagles, 95% conversion rate (40 att, 29 TD, 9 fg)
Worst offensive redzone efficiency - Panthers, 71% conversion rate (49 att, 29 TD, 10 FG)

Best defense (Yards) - Steelers (3,813 yards allowed)
Worst defense (Yards) - Redskins, 6,640 yards allowed
Best defense (ppg) - Eagles, 14.31 ppg
Worst defense (ppg) - Redskins, 36.68 ppg
Most Sacks - Rams, 46 sacks
Least sacks - Colts, 18 sacks
Best defensive redzone - Rams 72% (40 Attempts, 16 TD, 13 fg)
Worst defensive redzone - Jags 95% (40 attempts, 20 TD, 18 fg)

Best turnover differential - Eagles +30
Worst turnover differential - Dolphins, -20

EjWyf.gif

1. Biggest bitch - anyone who uses QB sneak; and you know who you are you dumb motherfuckers! One day everyone will be shamed into not using this play! I don't think i'm using hyperbole when I say it is literally worse than aids.

herschel-walker-s-fitness-challenge-o.gif

2. Hershel Walker award for most entertaining trade on draft day - bowser draft trade for erron rodgers - now you might say "but bowser is on top of the division!" and this is true! But we'll just see. I have a suspicion bowser will get no further in the playoffs than he already has!

HClpdy4.gif

3. Salt award - TLBB giving up on his season. You can make the argument that he didn... actually no you can't. After birdles took the division BY FORCE tlbb opted to have some of his game as sim losses and generally gave up. Will that happen again? Only birdles can say!

buddy-revell-3-o-clock-high-o.gif

4. 3'oclock high award for Biggest bully - LJ beating FMT. Yes, in the last 2 games of the season against him, I lost by a combined 200 points, including a loss in the playoffs by 250 points. However, unlike in the movie, the person I paid to beat the bully actually succeeded! Enjoy your copy of madden 17, CB3!

tBG450o.gif

5. Most shameful division - AFC East; I give no individual awards to this division! We were so close to having a CPU playoff team because of the ineptitude! Pls AFC east... pls!

dm_090127_nfl_dilfer_redo.jpg

6. Trent Dilfer award for 1 year wonder SB winner - Crimson; i mean if he proves me wrong I'll admit that I'm wrong but it felt like one of those magical runs that will never happen again! I'm sorry crimson... at least alabama won!

c9Ups.gif

7. 2001 Rams award for failure to show up in the Superbowl as a heavy favorite.... or crimson recorded CB illegally - crimson over cb

Welp, CB (pictured in the gif above playing in the superbowl) probably went into the Superbowl not unlike the seattle seahawks of last year, thinking he was going to coast to back-to-back titles. But he forgot about Alex!

GRCWi.jpg

8. Eyeore award but then actually still not being good - wellington

We all know wellingtons routine.... but this year he has yet to make the playoffs! So it's like... the routine is true! What a twist! Maybe this is his year though... I hope so. I know for a fact he's going to beat me :(

WHJSp.jpg

9. Biggest drama - brent vs. gq

What a weird situation it was. But as Michael did on the office, it was a win-win-win in the end!

curtis-painter.jpg

10. Curtis Painter Pass of the Year Award - tie: Luke & Smokey

Now I rarely (if ever?) do a tie award but this was rough because on one hand luke won the passing title itself. On the other hand, smokey's QB was league MVP! I had no choice! Congrats to you both, Ebony & Ivory!

tumblr_mudismI6691ra755jo1_500.png

11. Best manual defender - cb

I'll probably change this next season just for the fuck of it but tough to not give it to CB for his screen defense alone! Playing manual D isn't as tough as it once was, but it's still not easy!

richielol.gif

12. Comeback player of the year - eznark; the only player to literally leave and then come back shortly after.... so i mean is it an award if you're the only one to do it? yes!

ty2Yw6H.jpg

13. Victim of division - bluemax; ok first off to answer your question: Why is bluemax listed here but not pheeniks? And the REASON is that bluemax always has to play in this division! This is pheeniks' first season! Anyways, bluemax would probably be a gimme in most other divisions to make the playoffs every year... but against the powerhouse niners and rams!? Tough sledding!

marty-schottenheimer_pg_600.jpg

14. Marty Schottenheimer award for playoff excellence - dcx; dcx has been a playoff participant every season this year and in seasons past... but not much to say beyond that! Is this his season? Probably not, but maybe. But probably not

10-chick-fil-a-bowl-clemson-fan-2012-13-bowl-season-gifs.gif

15. Worst live game attended - az attending clemsons national title game loss; i dont give a fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck if this isn't madden related and the award speaks for itself! congrats on your wasted time and heart break az!

tumblr_n4lesnpjSx1revk8bo1_400.gif

16. Little Mermaid Award for biggest complainer (sponsored by Az) - TLBB complaining about Birdles; ok first off TLBB talks trash about birdles and said he isn't worried about not winning the NFC North. Then birdles punches him in the mouth and he complains about a bunch of nonsense during the game! Typical TLBB and he learned it from his adult hero az!

disappear.gif

17. Tacklin' Oscar Attendance award - DMczaf; DM will show up for a post, then disappear from the thread forever! Will he show up in this thread!? Maybe!

And now for my new section of the awards, fictional books starring players in the league and the craziness they got into! Woowowowow! So hilarious!

ku-bigpic.jpg

18. The Infinite Rebuild, Pheeniks in Theory & in practice - every year he builds his team up, and every year he says he's looking forward to the draft by week 4!

mt20e.jpg

19. The Incredible Playoff Turnover Machine: The life & times of Sokantish - great playoff performance breaux! i almost won this award :(

1232498.jpg

20. 4 Verts of the apocalypse: a biography of BigAT - every since smokey exposed BigAT for his disgusuting and game breaking transgression, he hasn't made the superbowl. Coincidence???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Ace+Ventura+12+door.gif

21. Don't close the screen door, starring DCX - how many screens is enough in a game? 1? 2? 3? how about 4? maybe 5? what about 6? ok, 7?? 8!? Try 35. DCX called 35 screens in one game. I looked forward to playing him in a couple weeks! #TheRevolutionIsHere

DCX

DCX
Asshole lol

I will see my number of screens and raise you screens that turn into verts! FYIDM!

DCX

6. Trent Dilfer award for 1 year wonder SB winner - Crimson; i mean if he proves me wrong I'll admit that I'm wrong but it felt like one of those magical runs that will never happen again! I'm sorry crimson... at least alabama won!

I make the playoffs every year though! Well at least I'm tied with smokey in only my 2nd year in the league.

Smokey

Ctrl+F "Smokey"

No lies detected anywhere

I am honored to share the QB award with my S O U T H fam

Trent Dilfer award: On point af Chiefs trash yo

Asshole lol

I will see my number of screens and raise you screens that turn into verts! FYIDM!

DCX

i'm not afraid!

I respect all opponents

even if they PA cancel!

agreed

I had a ton of fun at the national championship. And I'll have fun there next year, too!

the walk of shame back to the car after you lost a title game must have been terrible tho

I make the playoffs every year though! Well at least I'm tied with smokey in only my 2nd year in the league.

trent dilfer made the playoffs before that superbowl too!

Top Bottom