• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAGES bringing Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overdrive to Nintendo Switch Dec 7

Saw this in the 'coming soon' section of the European eShop. It was only previously confirmed for Japan for the same release date of December 7 so it looks to be a universal SKU.

Is this worth picking up? I remember it being on Xbox 360, then it got a late Vita port.

Shifty

I had a lot of fun with the base game on PC doing co-op with a couple of friends. We ended up going through multiple times to try out the different character movesets (Suzuha's combo potential = best girl).

It does have RPG leveling which can introduce logistics issues since other players' characters don't scale with the host, but it's still good fun if that's not a deal-breaker for you.

Also this looks like the updated PS4 version that never made it to PC. More characters, stages, etc.

I've been hoping that they'd release the new version on Steam since the PS4 version released, but no such luck it seems.

Top Bottom