• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT8| Eldritch Moon - It's only a paper (and digital) moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
No seriously over the weekend we've seen her in matchups she excels in when she's very often just a regrowth.
I did pretty much test only black decks so that skews my perspective.

Kommand does two of her abilities basically.

Choose two —
• Return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
• Target player discards a card.
• Destroy target artifact.
• Kolaghan's Command deals 2 damage to target creature or player.

If I were to buy Modern Jund for MTGO, how could I most effectively use that investment to try and get into Legacy?

In other words, what top Legacy decks would use most of the cards from Modern Jund?
Legacy (Punishing) Jund doesn't seem that well positioned though, even if it is an obvious answer.

Can I get an opinion or two from some of you to try and help make up my mind?

BUG Delver would be my guess.

Regrowth is very, very good when there's no GY hate. It's tutoring your GY while Traverse tutors your library.

it is but we have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to regrowths in standard right now. It makes her decent but I don't think she quite warrants her current price tag.

Firemind

If I were to buy Modern Jund for MTGO, how could I most effectively use that investment to try and get into Legacy?

In other words, what top Legacy decks would use most of the cards from Modern Jund?
Legacy (Punishing) Jund doesn't seem that well positioned though, even if it is an obvious answer.

Loam.

Goyf and LotV account for 80% of Jund's cost online so Shardless Sultai is an option.

bigkrev

Welcome back, Kirblar! Glad you weren't permed (
and hope you learned your lesson to stay the fuck out of political threads

I really want to get into Magic The Gathering but don't know anyone to play against.

Magic Duels was made for you. Alternativly, just go to your local store and find out when they run tournaments.

bigkrev

Check out this deck that T8'd a SCG Invitational Qualifier (which, granted, is only slightly above FNM level). 71/75 cards are standard legal, it's just 4 bolts that make it modern
http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=105956

02JJDcu.png

The way I see it, below Pro Tour level, the difference in power between Standard and Modern isn't so great that a decent Standard deck couldn't reach the top 8 of a Modern tournament every once in a while.

Still, I heard that a similar deck was doing well at the Pro Tour, so that may be an avenue to look into for Standard.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Welcome back, Kirblar! Glad you weren't permed (
and hope you learned your lesson to stay the fuck out of political threads

Magic Duels was made for you. Alternativly, just go to your local store and find out when they run tournaments.
Getting banned is part of being a real GAFfer. It's usually obvious when someone gets permed.

El Topo

I think only people who have been banned say that :p

As he said, real Gaffers. ;-)

If it hasn't happened to you yet it will, or you aren't trying hard enough. It happens to all of us haha

Nah, some people manage to avoid getting banned. It's all about avoiding the right threads and not letting your emotions get the best of you. Sometimes you just need to leave a thread and never look back, before you say things that might be true, but should not be said.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Nah, some people manage to avoid getting banned. It's all about avoiding the right threads and not letting your emotions get the best of you. Sometimes you just need to leave a thread and never look back, before you say things that might be true, but should not be said.
Its pretty hard to post 50,000 things without 5 or 6 of them being questionable shit you shouldn't have said.

y2dvd

Of all the things I had gotten banned over, it was me simple quoting a spoiler and complaining about it...and the spoiler didn't even ended up to be true. -_-

An-Det

Welcome back Kirblar!

Much as I love Punishing Jund, it'd be better to focus towards BUG Delver for Legacy (though besides Groves the upgrade from Modern to Legacy Jund isn't bad and is totally worth trying out. Seriously, I love Legacy Jund). As someone said, Shardless is another good option.

It's also the trajectory I did for paper Legacy a year or two ago after I got pissed at losing what should have been unlosable matchups for Jund. BUG Delver is a lot of fucking fun.

Obviously Emrakul is played out after 1 tournament featuring the card because

Yeah, I find this really bizarre. Coco overperforms before: OH MAH GAWD IT'LL BE THE ONLY DECK ANY PERSON PLAYS UNTIL THE ROTATION WEEPING ANIME TEARS IRL NOW. Emrakul makes a big showing at the PT: obviously this is imaginary not-real fake lies and no one will ever actually win with these decks again.

Liliana got misevaluated for one big reason: her /-1 on the +1. Without it, it looks just like Jace, VP and you can make the mental comparison immediately to the two prior good Jaces.

Well, I think LotV had a lot to do with it too....

Haha fair :) I keep myself on a fairly tight leash since I know someone could trace my posts to my person if I went off the rails. I also don't have that much to say that hasn't already been said in most cases lol

Though being banned does seem like a rite of passage..

One more week before Conspiracy previews?

The 15th someone said, I believe.

Much as I love Punishing Jund, it'd be better to focus towards BUG Delver for Legacy (though besides Groves the upgrade from Modern to Legacy Jund isn't bad and is totally worth trying out. Seriously, I love Legacy Jund). As someone said, Shardless is another good option.

It's also the trajectory I did for paper Legacy a year or two ago after I got pissed at losing what should have been unlosable matchups for Jund. BUG Delver is a lot of fucking fun.

I appreciate the help in choosing a Legacy deck from all of you.
So it seems like either Shardless Bug or Bug Delver? That is if I don't go with Punishing Jund. I'm just not sure it has the oomph in Legacy that it does in Modern, what do you think?

So which is better or maybe more fun, Shardless or Delver?

Where the fuck was
sigarda,%20heron's%20grace.jpg

at the PT? Well she dies to Kozilek's return which can be stacked to circumvent her I assume.

Why did Luis neither have sideboard Summary Dismissal or Sigarda. Was it just that they thought themselves smarter than everyone else and would be the only one to show up with Emrakul decks?

My grixis deck was RBu splash for Jace basically didn't try put kolahhan though.
If you want to be graveyard hating Incendiary Flow actually helps and can also target PWs.

The green or blue splash is almost free for RB decks and as good as green is I'd look at the Jund Delirium decks from the PT.

OnPoint

These pictures came out like butt -- I couldn't get good lighting last night, and my Macbook isn't turning on so I have to post these from work. So, sorry for the quality.

tlBNxY5.jpg

SmiGRXL.jpg

These are my choices for Tron art. I could have picked a better condition Power Plant out of the 4 in the deck haha

Getting pumped for this weekend. Hopefully I have a good run.

Santiako

Deck looking swell. Glad that you are not one of those that plays all the different arts and has them in another language for maximum confusion.

OnPoint

Deck looking swell. Glad that you are not one of those that plays all the different arts and has them in another language for maximum confusion.

Yeah, I like the consistency with the arts. I have a few foreign language cards in my EDH decks and it always causes problems -- not something I'm eager to replicate at a tournament level. The only real holes in my deck in that regard are I have 2 foil Karns of the four, one foil Ugin of the two, and one promo Wurmcoil. I don't mean to complain about foil 'walkers (I mean, I love having them), but I do wish I had a full set of either foil or non foil for this deck. Feels weird with them being mismatched. I did make sure to double sleeve to avoid bending issues.

You chose....wisely.

:)

Yeah, I like the consistency with the arts. I have a few foreign language cards in my EDH decks and it always causes problems -- not something I'm eager to replicate at a tournament level. The only real holes in my deck in that regard are I have 2 foil Karns of the four, one foil Ugin of the two, and one promo Wurmcoil. I don't mean to complain about foil 'walkers (I mean, I love having them), but I do wish I had a full set of either foil or non foil for this deck. Feels weird with them being mismatched. I did make sure to double sleeve to avoid bending issues.

I always think I know the cards in my EDH deck but I always forget the correct wording.

With Admonition Angel it's easy though, she flies and is an ORing on a Landfall stick. Council's Judgement though is always a pain.

Daedardus

Really like the lands! I'd love to buy into Tron, but the investment is too high for me. Too many $30+ cards that are needed before the deck starts out to be actually playable in some degree.

OnPoint

Really like the lands! I'd love to buy into Tron, but the investment is too high for me. Too many $30+ cards that are needed before the deck starts out to be actually playable in some degree.

Yeah, there's a lot of pricey cards in it. I had like 3/4 of the deck beforehand due to luck, so it was the cheapest avenue into a playable Modern deck for me. I picked up the Tron lands ages ago, cracked Karns and Ugins from packs/boxes, the only real heavy investments for me were the Groves and the O-stones, since I have no idea where mine might have went. $300 or so later, I had a deck. It feels awesome to have it. But that's so much money lol

These pictures came out like butt -- I couldn't get good lighting last night, and my Macbook isn't turning on so I have to post these from work. So, sorry for the quality.
These are my choices for Tron art. I could have picked a better condition Power Plant out of the 4 in the deck haha

Getting pumped for this weekend. Hopefully I have a good run.

Did the Eldrazi replace Mindslaver?

Looking good though, nice deck. I've always wanted a set of black border Tron lands. All that I've found locally are white bordered.

OnPoint

Did the Eldrazi replace Mindslaver?

Looking good though, nice deck. I've always wanted a set of black border Tron lands. All that I've found locally are white bordered.

The Mindslaver/Academy Ruins lock mostly appears in Blue Tron. Red Green Tron tends to try and make its way up the chain into hard to answer threats and things with powerful effects on cast.

I am considering an Emrakul 2.0 in the deck to replace either one of the Ulamogs or one of the Worldbreakers, or possibly taking a slot in the sideboard (which I didn't picture). But I haven't tested it yet.

Really wanna do a Sultai Emerge variant, but I can't quite figure out how to balance it out. I'd like a controllish build, but you need creatures from which to emerge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom