• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Main series Pokémon games pass 200 million units sold worldwide (279m w/ spinoffs)

To be honest, each main GTA is worth those 3/4 main Pokémon releases, sales-wise. But anyway, I'm happy to see these numbers, I love this franchise to death and it's good to know it's still healthy and moving big numbers.

Each main GTA for a few generations now has been released on more than one platform, so in a way it has it's own way of having different versions.The GTA3-GTA:San Andreas probably have roughly equivalent sales to a single Pokemon entry (I'm saying this as a guesstimate, I don't have time to look it up right now).

rhandino

Banned
Not hating on pokemon or anything, love the games, but if Sony and Microsoft released 2 to 4 versions of all it's games it could probably up the sale quite a lot.
The implication here is that the same person buy twice basically the same game instead of buying 1 version that will appeal more to him (being because name, color or cover legendary) and do trades for the exclusive Pokemons of the other version?

I never played any games beyond Gold/Silver, but I want a new game where you can see what the hell a TM/HM looks like and how it's used. If that is achieved, then everything else about the game will be the way I want it too

I never played any games beyond Gold/Silver, but I want a new game where you can see what the hell a TM/HM looks like and how it's used. If that is achieved, then everything else about the game will be the way I want it too
You mean what they actually look like physically? They're disks. Like cd. An according to FR/LG you just press it against their body.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Huh? You mean FireRed/LeafGreen?

You mean what they actually look like physically? They're disks. Like cd. An according to FR/LG you just press it against their body.

Huh? You mean FireRed/LeafGreen?

Oh. Wow, I take it back. That's horrible.

You press it against their bodies??? Man, that's disappointing. I was hoping it'd be something like this (read left to right, like a true manga):

h2AI5tO.jpg

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I should probably play one of these games at some point, right? I mean, I own one of them. Lemme check.

Platinum. I bought Platinum.

Good enough place to start?

Chastten

Banned
And I own about 18 of them! 25 or so if we include spinoffs.

Great number for something that wasn't even supposed to leave japan. Glad it did.

Top Bottom