• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Majora's Mask teased in new official Nintendo artwork

Mr-Joker

Banned
Nintendo is anniversary-agnostic. Otherwise they'd have released a new Metroid game in 2011, and MOTHER 1 on it's 25th anniversary the other week.

You say that but they had year of Luigi which was a celebration of Luigi plus they also;

Had the 25th anniversary for Zelda
Had the 20th anniversary for Kirby
Had the 30th anniversary for the Famicom

Never forget:
630x.jpg

At this point, they're fucking trolling. Just confirm the game already so I have something to play on my 3DS! :(

ampere

Can they just announce it, even if it's a year away?

I want the luxury of sleep mode + Majora's Mask! Would 'fix' my biggest 'issue' with the game which is really just that it's not as compatible with short play sessions as other games.

KarmaCow

Can they just announce it, even if it's a year away?

I want the luxury of sleep mode + Majora's Mask! Would 'fix' my biggest 'issue' with the game which is really just that it's not as compatible with short play sessions as other games.

It's not as convenient as OoT but once you get the Song of Soaring, you have access to a quick save. The statues are spread out enough that it's not hard to get back where you were when you quit out.

ampere

It's not as convenient as OoT but once you get the Song of Soaring, you have access to a quick save. The statues are spread out enough that it's not hard to get back where you were when you quit out.

Yea it's not a huge complaint and I still love the game, but I love sleep mode :p

Exotoro

Zelda Williams also came on stage holding a Majoras Mask during the Smash bros Invitational. I mean it's pretty much confirmed it's going to happen now, it's just the case of when will it be released.

i believe she just brought it up there herself without anyone telling her she had to

zruben

Banned
How is Majora's Mask GAF?

I played Wind Waker for the first time on the WiiU, and I loved Twilight Princess when it came out.. but I tried Skyward Sword recently and just didn't like it.

Should I be hyped if it does happen?

Majora's Mask is very similar in terms of gameplay to other zeldas, but very different to other zelda games in terms of structure.

It's also heavy-focused on sidequests, helping all the NPC with their little personal stories (some of them happy, some of them silly, some of them plain creepy and some of them sad). You have a 3-day cycle that repeats itself over and over, so there's also some micro-management you have to do with your items and rupees.

The overall ambience is very gloomy and there's a couple of creepy details here and there, kinda "risky" for the traditional ambience Nintendo give to their games.

The dungeon design is hit or miss... it has two very good dungeons and two very "meh" dungeons.

The main quest is very short, compared to other Zeldas.

And yes, it's my favorite 3D Zelda.

Dizzy

Banned

I played Wind Waker for the first time on the WiiU, and I loved Twilight Princess when it came out.. but I tried Skyward Sword recently and just didn't like it.

Best damn 3D Zelda game. Ignore anyone who says otherwise.

zeldablue

It's one of the best games ever. However, the game has a lot to do with learning from failures and time management. The game can smack you in the face hard when it comes to those two elements.

If you do play Majora's Mask, keep in mind the game was designed around the idea of the player learning from losing. Tension is also a huge factor that makes MM a completely different game from the rest of the series.

Also, the game doesn't assume you're dumb. It assumes you played OoT and therefore it assumes you're curious and driven enough to navigate and solve problems with little guidance.

It's ok. The dungeons are kinda weak, the intro is pretty long and can be tedious, it has a timer which is an element I hope never returns to Zelda ever, and the save system is one of the worst ones I've ever encountered, but the game is pretty solid all around. It might deter you because it's certainly different from a lot of Zelda games, but I'd say it's worth giving a shot, just note that it isn't flawless.

best zelda, because of the masks giving you different ways to move around, besides the transformation effect with the pain and screming was the best, death as a theme is present all over the place, i liked it a lot

People say Nintendo keeps teasing a project, yet all I'm seeing is fanservice? But then again, there was also a gullible narrative about Nintendoland minigames preparing users for future projects, lol.

Anth0ny

Not only the best Zelda, but the greatest game ever made.

zeldablue

People say Nintendo keeps teasing a project, yet all I'm seeing is fanservice? But then again, there was also a gullible narrative about Nintendoland minigames preparing users for future projects, lol.

Say that I laughed...?

Aonuma's been trolling the heck out of us for, like, 3 years now.

MrCatalyst

Neo Member
Ocarina of Time will always be my favorite Zelda, as it was my first...but I must concede that Majora's Mask is hands down the best Zelda of all time, at least in my humble opinion. I would buy a Wii U in a heartbeat if they would remake/remaster the game for it.

I'm sure someone must have pointed this out before but there should be summer festivals where people go around wearing masks around like that not on their face but just to the side or back of the head even

jumping to conclusions OP
why are you guys doing this to yourselves? lol

ugoo18

Getting real tired of these Majora's Mask teases.

At least show the damm thing or stop teasing it so much. We've seen more of the main console Zelda in one short teaser than we have of a remake that's been teased and hinted at and danced around since last year.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Are there any major(a)* releases for the 3DS this year besides Smash? Seems like Nin could really use some big game and a MM remake probably wouldn't be so hard/expensive to make, right?

*get it? Hurhurhur

zeldablue

Keep in mind, Aonuma said he doesn't really want to redo MM unless it's done in a realllly nice way. (Because apparently MM is for hardcore fans)

He also said when new Nintendo hardware hits, they'll release a new MM on it. Sooo, we probably won't see MM 3DS or MM Wii U. :0

Keep in mind, Aonuma said he doesn't really want to redo MM unless it's done in a realllly nice way. (Because apparently MM is for hardcore fans)

He also said when new Nintendo hardware hits, they'll release a new MM on it. Sooo, we probably won't see MM 3DS or MM Wii U. :0

Really?. It would make sense to hold out on releasing it for the 3DS in favour for its successor, but I wasn't aware he said that.

The last I think Aonuma spoke on it he said he can hear the fans and is "doing everything he can". Aonuma trolls so much though so who knows.

Lernaean

Banned

Never heard of that before and i'd love to have a link (pun?).
If they have a new MM for their next handheld as a launch title i'll really die <3

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

If this is true, I'm just starting the Wii VC version. The wait is too long.

atr0cious

(Because apparently MM is for hardcore fans)

The bombers journal and all that entails, made it seem like the hardest Zelda, besides Zelda II, so I hope this means they go even further.

Who would've thought, some quick money grab was going to be the best thing the series was ever going to do. But then again, Blood Dragon exists.

Top Bottom