• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Making a Game Last Forever by Raycevick

kiphalfton

Did not watch

But even when it comes to THE game with the strongest gameplay ever, i.e. MGS V, it could not sustain itself beyond a couple dozen hours without good story content/presentation/lore.

Conversely if the gameplay sucks, but story/lore/etc. sucks, it can only go so far.

Gotta leverage both, to give a game the chance to carry it the distance.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Did not watch

But even when it comes to THE game with the strongest gameplay ever, i.e. MGS V, it could not sustain itself beyond a couple dozen hours without good story content/presentation/lore.

Conversely if the gameplay sucks, but story/lore/etc. sucks, it can only go so far.

Gotta leverage both, to give a game the chance to carry it the distance.
Thankfully Alpha Protocol isn't trash unlike MGS V

Minsc

Gold Member
Thankfully Alpha Protocol isn't trash unlike MGS V

Damn did I hate Alpha Protocol more and more by the end. It certainly didn't help you can dead end your build as hard as FFT.

1-2 hour boss fight? Shooting 1,000s of bullets into someone's head point blank and not killing them? Not good times.

I remember alt tabbing out at a few point to read FAQs and google for cheat chodes, neither which helped.

Last edited:

Hrk69

Did not watch

But even when it comes to THE game with the strongest gameplay ever, i.e. MGS V

Metal Gear Solid GIF

CamHostage

Did not watch...

Well then, you should. You've misunderstood what this video was about.

This video is about the resurrection project of Alpha Protocol, and how even semi-obscure games from the past have value which can be reintroduced to gamers when publishers allow their games to be remastered or patched for current generation machines. There's interviews with GoG about why they chose this game, how much work was involved in bringing it to their storefront, and what it means to GoG to be able to resurrect good old games.

Whether or not Alpha Protocol is a game (or rather "THE game") with the strongest gameplay is a separate discussion, but the point of this video is that if game publishers would work towards their games being remastered and re-released to "last forever", then we can have those discussions easier because people can actually go play them through official sources.

Last edited:
Top Bottom