• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man who mowed lawn with tornado behind him says he 'was keeping an eye on it.'

3cob2hy.jpg

Whew! My heart's racing.

sinkfla87

How did it feel? I'd imagined the heightened sense of fear and excitement and the raw energy of it must have been pretty exhilarating.

Closest I've come is walking outside during a heavy thunderstorm with torrential rain. I've never felt anything quite like it.

It feels terrible. There's no excitement at least in the joyful sense.

Imagine yourself with no personal protection what so ever holding a mattress down over your 9 year old stepson and your mother who can't walk in a hallway praying to powers you don't necessarily even believe in that the freight train from hell overhead will pass. When it does pass, and all the power is out and it's pitch black at 10 pm you see a working class family scream, cry, and mourn the piles of wood and bricks that used to be their home. It's about as "exciting" as having an intruder with a loaded gun in your home.

Nategc20

Banned
This photo is a masterpiece. Legit art school A+ material. Could see it going far in an auction.

Dudes subtlety with the sunglasses or safety glasses are hypnotic. Along with mowing into the tree to get that long patch of grass even though theres a tornado behind him. The situation is quite simply unique, funny, and telling.

Venture

JKkVckY.jpg

"Cthulhu looks much closer if you look in the photo, but he was really far away. Well, not really far, far away, but he was far away from us," he said.

"I was keeping an eye on him."

GhaleonEB

JKkVckY.jpg

"Cthulhu looks much closer if you look in the photo, but he was really far away. Well, not really far, far away, but he was far away from us," he said.

"I was keeping an eye on him."

My favorite so far, but all of them are golden.

The original images is a perfect encapsulation of 2017, trying to live a normal life while all hell breaks loose around you.

Regardless of how far away it is, if I'm about to cut the grass and I see A FUCKING TORNADO in the distance I'd just put the lawnmower away to get to it another day.

Top Bottom