• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man with 132 lb. scrotum gets Reality Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/31/man-scrotum-show/

TLC has some pretty big balls putting this on the air.
The cable network has just announced a special titled The Man With the 132 lb. Scrotum. Yes, this is happening. Yes, there are photos. We put them semi-discretely below the text, but beware: Once you see a man with a 132-pound scrotum, you cannot unsee him.

The special chronicles the challenges of Wesley Warren Jr., a 49-year-old Las Vegas resident who is living with a rare medical condition called “scrotal lymphedema.” The show will follow “Wes’s life as he deals with day-to-day challenges that are easy for most people. Due to the large size of his scrotum, Wes has difficulty with simple tasks like walking, preparing meals and even going to the restroom.” In the show and in public, Warren wears a hoodie to keep it his scrotum covered up.
More from the channel: “According to Wes, it all began one night in 2008 when he awoke to sharp shooting pains. Afterward, the tissue around his testicles began to swell and grew bigger ever since. It’s estimated that they were growing at an alarming rate of at least 3 lbs per month. The Man With the 132 lb. Scrotum, which highlights the difficulties of living with this bizarre situation, also reveals Wes’s many attempts to find appropriate medical care and raise money for the surgery he desperately needs.”

Notes a professor of urology, Dr. Joel Gelman: “The main specimen, after surgery, was 132 lbs, but we can’t accurately predict its total weight. With an additional specimen, tissue and cell fluid not taken into overall consideration, the starting weight could have been over 160 lbs.”

man-with-the-132-lb-scrotum.jpg

hoodie.jpg

Cue testicles puns, everyone!

I heard this guy interviewed on Howard Stern a few years ago, and his life is really tragic. He was a normal guy one day-the next his balls were so big he can't even walk around. He wears a hooded sweatshirt upside down on his legs and puts in the balls in the hood portion, if I remember correctly. He's even looked for doctors to help him, and the ones that will see him basically told him they would never operate because it would take a team of like 7 people from all around the country, and liability would be too much. He also carries around a milk crate wherever he goes, so that when he sits, his balls have a place to rest.

Shiv47

It's the Freak Show Channel, not really a shock here. I can't imagine anything they wouldn't stoop to in the quest for ratings.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I saw this guy on TV a while back. Was hoping he would have had this sorted out by now.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Huh? I already saw this documentary in the UK. He had a surgery and they gave him a normal-sized ball bag.

There was a really gross part where they had to cut away all the skin and find his little penis buried all the way in the middle. Because his sack was so large the actual skin of his penis was no longer attached to the shaft, so they had to find this 'peeled' penis deep inside.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The comment section of the article looks almost exactly the same as this thread.

I'd watch this. Be interested to know how you could even walk around with a scrotum that big. I mean he can't even have sex anymore, can he? Does he still have sensation throughout? That would be scary, imagine banging your scrotum off a coffee table. Or accidentally sitting on part of it.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Huh? I already saw this documentary in the UK. He had a surgery and they gave him a normal-sized ball bag.

There was a really gross part where they had to cut away all the skin and find his little penis buried all the way in the middle. Because his sack was so large the actual skin of his penis was no longer attached to the shaft, so they had to find this 'peeled' penis deep inside.

They did? Good for him, I didn't see all of it.

You can't both be right.

Yeah-according to this Wikipedia page the surgery already went through! TLC must have filmed this a long time ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wesley_Warren_Jr.

Warren was subsequently offered treatment in Greece, following a recommendation from James Lane, a former sufferer of scrotal elephantiasis who had been treated there. However, he was said to be "worried he's too big to get in the airplane bathroom for the flight." Dr. Joel Gelman of the University of California, Irvine's Center for Reconstructive Urology also offered to carry out the surgery and waive his normal fee if the use of the hospital's facilities was paid for by Nevada Medicaid. He told the Las Vegas Review-Journal that to date, he had "never lost a patient or a testicle."

The operation was carried out on April 8, 2013 by Gelman and three other surgeons who had donated their expertise.[3] Warren's weight by this stage had increased to 552 pounds (250 kg) and his penis was buried 1 foot (30 cm) inside his testicle sac.[1] The 13-hour operation required all four surgeons to cut away Warren's engorged scrotum simultaneously while carrying out skin grafts to cover Warren's newly exposed penis and testicles. Warren's severe anemia complicated the task[3] and the surgeons discovered that some of the veins in the mass were as much as quarter of an inch (6 mm) wide. According to Gelman, "With the fluid and other tissues, I would say the total weight he was carrying around probably exceeded 160 pounds [72 kg]."[4] The operation, which was recorded by a British film crew, was followed by a program of physical therapy which began a week afterwards. He was released from hospital in late April and was reportedly recuperating in nearby housing.

The operation went ahead even though Gelman had not yet received authorization from Nevada Medicaid, as he felt that it was unfair to Warren to "endure a cancellation." Gelman was critical of Nevada Medicaid's stance, saying that it's "terrible that Nevada isn't handling this the right way. When there's no expertise in a state to handle something, it doesn't seem right that Nevada can't pay the hospital when the doctors work for free." He commented that he and the other surgeons had donated their expertise not only to help Warren but to show to other sufferers from scrotal elephantiasis that something could be done for them as well. He was optimistic about Warren's future: "There are a lot of shows about makeovers, but this is a real makeover. He's basically a new man."

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Yeah, this is on youtube.

It's quite gross. There's a legitimate Ball "fist bump" moment. It's...it's indescribable.

I had saw where he was upset after the surgery, because of "lacking length" issues.

shuri

Banned
This is confusing, he already had the operation? Or was the show filmed a long time ago? Why do I seem to remember that Stern wanted to help that guy and managed to find enough money thru donations but the guy refused to have the operation done?

Holy crap that's awful.. but the most terrifying thing is that this wasn't something he was born with, it just happened 5 or so years ago, BAM huge problem! 40 odd years of a totally normal life, I wonder if they found out what could have caused this to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom