• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT13| Don't bite the dog that feeds the hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nisekoi 136

I wanted two Ichijou's would have been fun.

The translation app reminds me of when I was in the bank last week and a lady host was using it to talk to Chinese student. Seemed like such a hassle to do banking procedures like setup an account and such, and then directions.

One Piece 758
Bwdt10NIQAEls-5.png
Best usopp chapter for finally bringing the end. Please be ending this arc Oda, anything now that we are here. I want new worlds and lands and Sabo adventuring.

Zweizer

Banned
Endo Hiroki Tanpenshuu

A collection of short stories by Endo Hiroki as the title suggests. I won't go into details of these stories, but the one thing that definitely strikes me is how human most portrayed characters felt, barring a few exceptions (the Crows is more about philosophy and symbolism while Hang is a more surreal sci-fi exploration chapter). As such, they all were rather relatable, with their own way of thinking, worries, doubts, emotions, and ultimately while the stories portray a pretty bleak world, the people all try to live and deal with their problems, just like in reality.

Speaking of people, love and relationships play a huge role in most stories, and I must say I really like how they were portrayed, because they also felt real, bleak yet comforting, with their own share of problems and solutions. I was told there would be a short stint of NTR, but it was handled in a believable and almost relatable way, without contrived drama, and as such adds depth to the story rather than ruin it. Shame the same can't be said for 99% of the works on this genre.

In conclusion it was an enjoyable read laded with dramatized yet realistic characters and situations, with a layer of symbolism, and ultimately are stories about one's worries in life and love.

Thanks to Usobuko for nagging suggesting me to read this.

The author did Komorebi no Kuni - Le duché beforehand. Is it any good? New Game! looks interesting.
Komorebi no Kuni is my favourite slice of life manga, and one of my favourite manga period. If you judged it on its writing alone, it'd be a fairly unremarkable 'cute girls doing cute things' series, but it's elevated leagues beyond that by its exceptional atmosphere and presentation. I can't think of any other manga I enjoyed just... looking at so much.

32734576uiqkn.jpg
32748362yrj3d.jpg

It's full colour throughout.

If New Game's by the same guy then I'm definitely hyped for it.

Pretty and low-cost "moe girls doing moe things"... thing.
Please don't hit me A Huge Battleship.
Take a picture of yourself in the oldest classroom of a nearby highschool at midnight, surrounded by a pentagram drawn in blood with a volume of Screaming Lessons at each of the 5 points, and I'll forgive you.

upandaway

Silver Spoon 84

So bacon, pork sausage, that weird cheese, and now pork pizza... list of things in this manga I've never eaten keeps increasing and they all look really tasty. I just ate dangit.

Komorebi no Kuni is my favourite slice of life manga, and one of my favourite manga period. If you judged it on its writing alone, it'd be a fairly unremarkable 'cute girls doing cute things' series, but it's elevated leagues beyond that by its exceptional atmosphere and presentation. I can't think of any other manga I enjoyed just... looking at so much.

If New Game's by the same guy then I'm definitely hyped for it.
That sounds great. Guess I'll bump it up the wishlist a bit.

Giving up on checking out New Game, can't find raws.

Zweizer

Banned

Well, I guess I could read this sometime. Doesn't seem like a masterpiece that I have to read immediately but it should be good enough for killing time.

Take a picture of yourself in the oldest classroom of a nearby highschool at midnight, surrounded by a pentagram drawn in blood with a volume of Screaming Lessons at each of the 5 points, and I'll forgive you.

This reminds me I still haven't caught up with Screaming Lessons yet.

World Trigger 73
tumblr_nb8irf7Fi91s5992do1_500.png

Definitely one of the reasons I love Izumi so much. He against Hyrein had many great moments and all the fishies, then that panel with him blasting all the fishies away to help that opening. I kind of wish he was successful as it would have been cool to take Hyrein down. I think the writer likes Izumi to cause he always gives him the best and fun faces whenever things get going. I dont think Ive ever even seen him lose his cool.

So much time remaining for the rest of this battle though and confused why Osamu is still heading there if Mira is there as well.

upandaway

I'm done with v1 TL and Akito's officially in. Hurray! If anyone wants to help out lemme know.

f3un1Yn.png

Otherwise look forward to the buttiest manga.

Toriko 290

Too animal focused and long. Would have wanted to see more of the humans and such response to Air or a description of its taste. Also no explanation for what Komatsu did in the final moments before preparation? That was incredible.

Wiseblade

One Piece

Third time reading the chapter and i'm still enjoying it.

Naruto

Wait, so it's over? Pretty sure Madara's still strong enough to kill everyone, unless recent events have nerfed him somehow.

World Trigger

I dunno man, this arc is starting to feel pretty long. How is WT doing in the rankings?

Hunter x Hunter

A new DQ game is coming out, so I guess we're in a full on hiatus now?

JJBA chp 1 & 2

Impossible and cruel, I dont even remember that in the anime, unless Ive forgotten. Ouch Danny.

Definitely wont be continuing, it seems only the fanartists are able to make JJBA artstyle really shine as here the art just seems to old and just really odd looking that its a turn off. Anime has everyone just too blocky and weird as well so that is often an uphill battle to watch. Maybe p4 and beyond is different, I hope.

One Piece

Third time reading the chapter and i'm still enjoying it.

Naruto

Wait, so it's over? Pretty sure Madara's still strong enough to kill everyone, unless recent events have nerfed him somehow.

World Trigger

I dunno man, this arc is starting to feel pretty long. How is WT doing in the rankings?

Hunter x Hunter

World Trigger is doing alright, lower middle. But the anime will surely help it.

Does anyone read Sankarea? How is it?

JJBA chp 1 & 2

Impossible and cruel, I dont even remember that in the anime, unless Ive forgotten. Ouch Danny.

Definitely wont be continuing, it seems only the fanartists are able to make JJBA artstyle really shine as here the art just seems to old and just really odd looking that its a turn off. Anime has everyone just too blocky and weird as well so that is often an uphill battle to watch. Maybe p4 and beyond is different, I hope.

it happened in the Anime

I just caught up recently :)

upandaway

Hunter x Hunter

This time they actually went and said he's really ill so I'm really hoping he's ok. We should know about this week's chapter soon...

Tonari no Seki-kun 32

I always feel bad when she takes the blame but this time she deserves it. She was entirely involved by stretching her hand out so he can read it.

Wiseblade

It's alright. It plays the zombie girl tropes rather well but gets pretty dark midway through.

More than TLR?

TLR undoubtedly had more smut, but there's a special level of shamelessness from inventing a sport where teenage girls shove their T&A into other for the amusement of middle aged men.

upandaway

TLR undoubtedly had more smut, but there's a special level of shamelessness from inventing a sport where teenage girls shove their T&A into other for the amusement of middle aged men.
You're still being ambiguous, is that a good thing or a bad thing be clear about this

Wiseblade

Have you ever seen someone do something completely terrible and thought "I condemn your actions, but I respect your attitude"? That's what I'm going through right now.

Vito

Banned
Endo Hiroki Tanpenshuu

Most of Endo's stuff is good, though he only had 2 series published, Eden and the ongoing All Rounder Meguru. Eden had some flaws towards the end but it was a good read, while Meguru starts off a bit weird with the yakuza subplot but drops it pretty fast.

I'm happy Endo started advertising new Meguru chapters on twitter a bit by posting drafts

Kuroko no Basket 275 (End):
Solid ending overall. It was a fairly typical ending, but there's nothing to really complain about there. It's kind of weird to think about the series being over after following it since the very first chapter came out. Overall, I really enjoyed the series, despite some of its flaws. Very solid as shounen sports titles go.

Charade

Have you ever seen someone do something completely terrible and thought "I condemn your actions, but I respect your attitude"? That's what I'm going through right now.

Godspeed! Be wary of panda though. He's a harsh taskmaster if I've ever seen one.

Okay, maybe not :p

LeleSocho

Banned
I'm now imagining Panda being all brainfarty here on the forum and twitter but being super serious and hard to deal with when working on a chapter.

Busaiku

My copy of Noragami came in a day early, that's cool.
The cover and page quality definitely feels a lot better than other Kodansha books.
Only other books I have are Attack on Titan, Genshiken, Seven Deadly Sins, The Heroic Legend of Arslan, and UQ Holder though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom