• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manor Lords surpassed 100,000 concurrent players within hours of release, and now it's the global top seller on Steam

StereoVsn

Looks super interesting. I put it on my wishlist as I have no time to get into yet another game.

I am just getting back into Imperator with updated mods and new patch from PDX as there was an amazing push from bunch of strategy creators on this.

I believe this was the most wishlisted game on Steam. I've kept hearing about it for years, and the early reviews are promising.

Skifi28

Can't say I see the grand appeal and it seems in a quite rough state right now, but always happy to see strategy games not being dead.

Interfectum

it was early access though. a lot of the players were already there. just saying... its not as impressive when you know it was early access.
what...

There is almost no scenario where being global top seller on Steam with 100,000+ players can be seen as not impressive.

calistan

Got a fairly good farming settlement going, but I'm not keen on the pressure of building things quickly before you get attacked.

I couldn't figure out how to get weapons or even raise taxes to hire a militia, and the game is now giving me a countdown until I'm raided by bandits. Also some rival baron is fighting me for land, but I can't see the battle and I don't have an army anyway. It just says 'losing'.

Walking around your town is quite cool though.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Got a fairly good farming settlement going, but I'm not keen on the pressure of building things quickly before you get attacked.

I couldn't figure out how to get weapons or even raise taxes to hire a militia, and the game is now giving me a countdown until I'm raided by bandits. Also some rival baron is fighting me for land, but I can't see the battle and I don't have an army anyway. It just says 'losing'.

Walking around your town is quite cool though.
I'm "fixing" this by starting the game in the relaxed mode. So now I'm having quite the good time learning the ropes without stress. Then upping the challenge with a new game when I'm ready.

Anyway, this game so far appears astonishingly good for a one-man developer.

calistan

I'm "fixing" this by starting the game in the relaxed mode. So now I'm having quite the good time learning the ropes without stress. Then upping the challenge with a new game when I'm ready.

Anyway, this game so far appears astonishingly good for a one-man developer.
Good call, I'm going to restart without the combat.

It's probably going to be years before it comes out of early access. I mean, if it took seven years to get to this point, there are huge chunks of the game missing, and it's a tiny team. Hope the Steam + Game Pass cash enables the dude to scale up development.

Great to see it's doing well. It looks like a great game, but I've just got way too much to play at the moment and should focus my efforts on that rather than buying more lol.

Drake

Only 30 bucks. I'll probably take the plunge. Love these kinds of games and I love the medieval setting.

calistan

The resource allocation seems a bit off at the moment. One family is enough to gather all the wood I need to build the early settlement, but if I want to make bread that's one family for the farm, one for the granary, one for the windmill and one for the oven.

That's pretty rough when you've only got five families to begin with. It needs some sort of generic job feature rather than assigning a family to each individual building. Like, the woodcutters can also operate the kiln to make charcoal, the loggers can also operate the sawpit, etc.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Yep, initial game/scenario setup allows you to adjust how much or little combat you have. Also a relaxing mode with no combat

Thanks, adding to the wishlist. My sweet lord there are so many good games releasing lately, I am going to be eating good for the next year, easy.

It's a PC only game.

Ignore the above

PC GP only because that's the only version out on early access right now. There is supposed to be a console version but no release date or window for it announced, yet.
Huh weird, because it says optimised for xbox on the page. Ok then PC it is :lollipop_alien:

IDappa

Thanks, adding to the wishlist. My sweet lord there are so many good games releasing lately, I am going to be eating good for the next year, easy.
Played a bit this morning, very chill so far it’s a good experience. Definitely too many games to keep up with, back log is stacked.

Buggy Loop

1 developer, 3 million Wishlist x 30ish$

God damn

That guy right now

rolling in it youtube GIF

Topher

Gold Member
Anyone trying to play this game? Tried playing it but I can't control any of the people. They just stand around and talk to each other. lol

Top Bottom