• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MAPS (multidisciplinary association for psychedelic studies)

TrainedRage

Banned
https://maps.org/

Founded in 1986, the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit research and educational organization that develops medical, legal, and cultural contexts for people to benefit from the careful uses of psychedelics and marijuana.

Current Research: Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Treatment, Social Anxiety in Autistic Adults, Drug Addiction Treatment, Anxiety Related to Advanced‑Stage Illness, Medical Marijuana.

Links to the research projects: https://maps.org/research
-MDMA-Assisted Psychotherapy
-Medical Marijuana
-LSD-Assisted Psychotherapy
-Ibogaine-Assisted Treatment
-Ayahuasca-Assisted Therapy
-Other Psychedelic Research
-Participate in Research ...looks like I found my summer job ;)

I had never heard of this organization. They are in stage 3 of trials (final stage) for using MDMA for PTSD. The research and results they found are simply amazing. Check it out!

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
I like what I see so far. I only looked through the controlled MDMA-assisted psychotherapy study, but they have evident promise to achieve their goal by 2021. Funny how they are the only ones in the world, surely the world by 2021 will be a different place for drugs (I mean, look at how many states are projected to legalize recreational/medical marijuana -- New Jersey, New York, and Illinois -- they are at the precipice, with other hopefuls under close regard) and undoubtedly, the for-profit departments of pharmaceuticals will be quick to jump ship when things begin to change.

I'll be sure to look into the rest of the studies as I go along. Good find, TrainedRage TrainedRage

"...there is always soma, delicious soma, half a gramme for a half-holiday, a gramme for a week-end, two grammes for a trip to the gorgeous East, three for a dark eternity on the moon..."

"You do look glum! What you need is a gramme of soma."

03bf9a1bbaeeda29206a57a87586b569.jpg

''Hug me till you drug me, honey;
Kiss me till I'm in a coma;
Hug me, honey, snuggly bunny;
Love's as good as soma."

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
Shout out to the Joe Rogan podcast yesterday with Killer Mike for bringing MAPS to my attention. Told my brother in law who served in the military about them and he was interested. I hope this push becomes more acceptable by the main stream.

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Shout out to the Joe Rogan podcast yesterday with Killer Mike for bringing MAPS to my attention. Told my brother in law who served in the military about them and he was interested. I hope this push becomes more acceptable by the main stream.

Sure main steam attention would be nice, but I figure if MAPS scientists come up with some booming discovery the media will work for it, there will be less potential for stereotype-fueled anti-drug backlash.

Top Bottom