• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT2| The Rollercoaster to WrestleMania XXXIII!

I look forward to the day Oka moves out of the Young Lions

Young Lions are a brilliant idea... you buy every pin attempt from them as possibly being something big. Brilliant stuff.

Taka gets to come out with the rest of Suzuki-gun tonight... because he didn't get beaten and pinned earlier tonight :O

Foggy

Young Lions are a brilliant idea... you buy every pin attempt from them as possibly being something big. Brilliant stuff.

This is actually one of my favorite aspects of Dragon Gate. Their slavish devotion to lineage and "generations" can make it impenetrable at first, but once you wrap your head around it then it becomes incredibly enriching. Yamamura and Ben-K are practically ready-made stars in the promotion because of how proficient they are at training and bringing up the young guys.

Kurita

Came across WrassleGAF's headquarters in Shibuya today
o8jWXGB.jpg
(not my pic)

This is actually one of my favorite aspects of Dragon Gate. Their slavish devotion to lineage and "generations" can make it impenetrable at first, but once you wrap your head around it then it becomes incredibly enriching. Yamamura and Ben-K are practically ready-made stars in the promotion because of how proficient they are at training and bringing up the young guys.

It trains you with them to not care about the result but the journey.

You know the YLs are gonna lose (...but maybe this is the time) so you just enjoy what they show you in the match. Kawato looked great tonight. Easily the star of the match even if he ate the pin

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Takeover next saturday right?

(oh and that Wrestlingmania thing on Sunday I guess)

gun_haver

How can anyone hate on Rocky IV. It is the best of the series. They are all great, even Rocky V has it's cheesy moments.

Different kinds of movie fans. I'd probably enjoy the later Rocky movies if I watched them today, but it'd be from an ironic distance, whereas I actually like the first movie for how it portrays his shitty life before he gets the lucky break. The atmosphere of that movie is great and the later ones don't really have it. Well, Rocky Balboa, Creed and Rocky 2 have a little of that, so I enjoy them somewhat sincerely as well.

3-5 are very dumb movies of the kind Stallone became known for. They don't bear much resemblance to Rocky 1.

So that's probably why some people can hate on Rocky IV. Then, I guess, there's the orgasmic patriotism of it and that is a problem for some people, part of why I don't take it seriously.

I want an Omega vs Yano one on one match.

Fuck though they are doing fuck all with Omegs

Omega and Yano had a match in last years G1, if I remember right. It was fun!

But yeah, fuck knows what they are doing with him now. Maybe he only signed a one year contract so they don't care, or maybe they are waiting to see what Ibushi will do.

kiguel182

They closed the Raw thread? Shame. It was a nice place to talk about WWE wrestling.

Edit: Also, back to Backlash 2007. Taker v Batista ending in a draw sucks. Draws suck in general. It had some cool spots.

Menome

Wikipedia says

AKB48 is a Japanese idol girl group named after the Akihabara area in Tokyo, where the group's theater is located. The group has expanded since then to include over 130 members as of December 2015. aged from their early teens to their mid-20s. AKB48's producer, Yasushi Akimoto, wanted to form a girl group with its own theater and performing daily so fans could always see them live. This "idols you can meet" …

Christ, and we say WWE has a bloated roster. How are you supposed to even remember who's in the group at that point?

As for Rocky...I've watched Rocky Horror Picture Show and that about covers it.

It's pretty fun that you take so lightly something that is literally traumatizing and separating whole families, including mine

Congrats on your life achievement. 👍

Firstly, I don't live in the United States. Secondly, even if I did, denying somebody the right of free political expression is just as bad as what you are fighting against.

Kurita

Firstly, I don't live in the United States. Secondly, even if I did, denying somebody the right of free political expression is just as bad as what you are fighting against.

Nah I think denying people's right to be nazis is good

Christ, and we say WWE has a bloated roster. How are you supposed to even remember who's in the group at that point?

The thing is you're not supposed to like/know every member, they want you to root for a couple of them. Then you vote for them by buying a shit ton of CDs with bulletins in them, that way they're getting "pushed". They've also got subunits, or stables if you will.
It's fucking carny

Zach

Different kinds of movie fans. I'd probably enjoy the later Rocky movies if I watched them today, but it'd be from an ironic distance, whereas I actually like the first movie for how it portrays his shitty life before he gets the lucky break. The atmosphere of that movie is great and the later ones don't really have it. Well, Rocky Balboa, Creed and Rocky 2 have a little of that, so I enjoy them somewhat sincerely as well.

3-5 are very dumb movies of the kind Stallone became known for. They don't bear much resemblance to Rocky 1.

So that's probably why some people can hate on Rocky IV. Then, I guess, there's the orgasmic patriotism of it and that is a problem for some people, part of why I don't take it seriously.
gun_haver gets it.

Zach

I went to work in an imperial wizard hood and robe today. The two black girls in the office seemed really shaken by the whole ordeal but I was like, "dude, you're just as bad as the hate groups." It's disgusting that someone would try to guilt me out of my lols like that.

Foggy

Free political expression means people can't be snarky toward provocative antagonism? Man, I guess we were heels all along.

Beefy

I went to work in an imperial wizard hood and robe today. The two black girls in the office seemed really shaken by the whole ordeal but I was like, "dude, you're just as bad as the hate groups." It's disgusting that someone would try to guilt me out of my lols like that.

My friend came over with BNP tshirt and cap on (British National Party). I thought he was a racist ass hole, but still let him in as it's his right to express being racist. The tshirt looked pretty well made to be honest....

How was the Road to Sakura matches this weekend? I'm probably just going to watch main Sakura match (not enough time) but curious how some of the stories built out.

Acosta

Guys, today I had the weirdest dream. I guess I have been thinking too much about wresling lately.

Taker and Roman had their fight and it was intense as hell, a really long and great fight where you felt they gave their everything. They are exhausted and mostly tied, and suddenly Takers grabs Roman and says:

"You fought well. This body of mine serves me no more, but there must be always an Undertaker and I choose YOU to be my new avatar" (something like that)

Light goes dark, thunders everywhere and when lights come back Taker has dissapeared and Roman remains with the outfit and the hat.

I can vividly remember thinking "WTF" just before waking up. Didn't know my subconscious could be so corny.

Beefy

Guys, today I had the weirdest dream. I guess I have been thinking too much about wresling lately.

Taker and Roman had their fight and it was intense as hell, a really long and great fight where you felt they gave their everything. They are exhausted and mostly tied, and suddenly Takers grabs Roman and says:

"You fought well. This body of mine serves me no more, but there must be always an Undertaker and I choose YOU to be my new avatar" (something like that)

Light goes dark, thunders everywhere and when lights come back Taker has dissapeared and Roman remains with the outfit and the hat.

I can vividly remember thinking "WTF" just before waking up. Didn't know my subconscious could be so corny.

I would give up WWE if this happened.

Man, I hope you're aware WWE did a story line kind of like this early on in Taker's career. He was in a casket match against Yokozuna and after he lost he "appeared" from the dead: https://youtu.be/_xyPY3Q-aeE?t=19m26s

Then I swear there was one where he "rose" from the dead with tons of lazers and such.

I had a dream a week ago that Punk made a surprise return in the #30 spot in a Royal Rumble that was for the WWE title and won the belt.

klonere

Banned
The two Dragon Gate shows from the start of the month are up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvTcuQm4y6A

Two Osaka shows smushed back to back, clearly some matches left off and some clipped even. A lot of talking on these shows, they are clearly working hard to put the pieces back together since Yoshino went down. I think it says a lot about the promotion where they cut matches in favour of 20 minute talking segments for TV :p

I've watched the first show already which had a fun enough Brave Gate match between Eita and Lindaman and a typically great Triangle Gate main event with Jimmyz and Verserk.

Now on to the Twin and Dream Gate matches next!

Fuck daylight savings
Fuck TheSecondSpitter.

This is literally the best possible thing they could do with both Reigns and Taker. It's what the Powerbombcast (RIP) folks were talking about years ago.

You know what's an underrated mania title match? Batista vs Cena at WM26, I appreciate that the match feels pretty focused without going too overboard on finisher fests.
Heel Tista was something special.

Nah X-Pac vs Reigns and watch the crowd give X-Pac of all people a huge pop because they hate Reigns that much.

A true passing of the torch, X-Pac passing the flame of his heat to Reigns.

Heroman

Banned

Taka gets to come out with the rest of Suzuki-gun tonight... because he didn't get beaten and pinned earlier tonight :O
Best training system in the business

Syder

People wanted this for Brock right before he ended the streak.

Strax

WWE bloated?
If anything they need more people with the two brands.

Top Bottom