• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marcus Beer (Annoyed Gamer) finally addresses the Phil Fish (FEZ 2) conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marcus Beer is too old to act like a 12 year old and think that's cool. It's just embarrassing. Phil's a weak whinger who needs to harden the fuck up.

Harlock

Is all bulshit, when they meet in real life will make a smiling photo together, with Michael Patcher in the middle.

Spookie

Marcus Beer is too old to act like a 12 year old and think that's cool. It's just embarrassing. Phil's a weak whinger who needs to harden the fuck up.

Well there is irony at it's finest.

Beer could have came back admitted what he said was immature, unnecessary and he will be will continue to be annoyed for season two but put things across in a more articulate and focused manner. Instead he just doubles down on acting like a buffoon. :/

I feel like Jim Sterlings Jimqusition is the evolution of this mans shouty consumer focused show.

I would agree but for the "you've got to accept criticism just like any other form of media."

Getting shit on nonstop, like many people do these days, is not something you have to accept. These are still people.

Do some people have tougher skins than Fish or take it better? Hell yeah, but nobody should have to put up with that crap in the first place so I tend not to blame the victims.

Fish isn't a victim of anything. The only victims are fans of his games, who either bought the first incomplete/buggy game, or were looking forward to the second.

Liamario

Banned
I don't like how Marcus Beer implies that he (himself) is part of this industry in the same that Phil Fish is. Beer has perhaps carved out a little niche for himself and now is speaking like he's an integral cog in the wheel.
I see him as more of a leech on the backs of people like Phil fish than some sort of team mate.

Blueblur1

If Beer isn't going to recognize and apologize for his stupidity he should really just shut up. He's just making himself look like a bigger fool. I seriously hope people ignore him and his pointless show.

LuchaShaq

Banned
The only thing I like about Beer is that he caused Fish to have such a hissy fit that more people realized Fish is a douchebag who you shouldn't financially support.

Whompa

It's the angry videogame __________

when will this trend stop? I'm so tired of, "angry" characters...I get it's a joke, but ffs grow up...

Kashinoda

Banned
The point of this weeks Annoyed Gamer episode was to call out journalists for being shoddy and not doing research, something that's a big problem in the games industry as a whole to be honest. He's entitled to call them out if they're spurting uninformed rubbish about him.

Let him and Fish have their little spat, no one here is above having a petulant fight or throwing cheap insults at another.. the comments on this particular thread for example are testament to that.

Point missed completely.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I thought at first that this was going to be a well thought letter on the issue. But no, the guy is always in character and even continues with his arrogance.

I'm so glad that the angry/annoyed gamer thing has been dying recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom