• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 - lesser-known changes from the recent update

Exile20

We've already told you all about the Mario Kart 8 version 2.0 update, but reader HammerGalladeBro wanted to point out some updates/changes he noticed that haven't been specifically outlined. Maybe you'll know a few, but will you know them all?

- Time Trials Miiverse post now can include a picture of the results.
- You can now display and hide the map in Highlights by pressing the -/Select button, and it also shows the name of the driver that the camera focuses on
- With Highlights of online races, it shows the player's Mii, nickname and country.
- You can display and hide the map and player's information when uploading a Highlight video to YouTube as well.
- Highlight videos uploaded to YouTube now have tags for the used parts (Vehicle, Wheels and Glider), and the time for Time Trials Highlights
- the skins of Yoshi and Shy Guy also have their own tags.

That's not all, though. The Mario Kart TV website has also seen these adjustments.

- There's now a "User Page", which has a link to the User's profile on Miiverse, Facebook/Twitter Share Buttons
- This page shows the user's Race Rating, Battle Rating, Favorite Tournaments and uploaded Highlights to YouTube.
- You can now check Tournaments details like Schedule, Rules, Entry Code, Description, Rankings and uploaded Highlights to YouTube related to the Tournament.
- view a list of all your Friends and see Friends Currently Online
- This shows if a Friend is connected and it specifies if they are playing Mario Kart 8.

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/236741-mario-kart-8-lesser-known-changes-from-the-recent-update

Heyt

Banned
Have the positions of the whatch replay and the next race buttons at the end race menu been swiched?

drotahorror

When is the patch? I thought it was August 27th but I played the game 2 days ago and the replay/next race thing is still like original.

OmegaFax

Have the weight classes been tweaked any? Swore my heavy Mii - Sport Bike - Slick combo was faster before the patch.

Roo

When is the patch? I thought it was August 27th but I played the game 2 days ago and the replay/next race thing is still like original.

If it didn't download the patch automatically you can go to the eShop and download it from there. It's free.

Top Bottom