• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 may be coming in April, there's reason to believe that

Kurtofan

There's going to be a Nintendo direct the 18 and it's going to be end by Iwata saying "by the way MARIO KART 8 IS OUT RIGHT NOW!!!!!"

macewank

Why would Amazon change the date from May 30th? unless the manufacturer which is Nintendo told them a date change was coming like with DKCFT

The date has been May 30th for almost two months they had no reason to mess with it, something is up

not necessarily.

Amazon changes dates around all the time. until it's announced, it's not set in stone.

few titbits that may be indicative of something. or not.

anyone_have_sauce_wo_jesus-55290.gif

Tenki

A friend of mine told me he has seen some "Cambiazo" (Great Change) banners in MediaMarkt. It's a promotion they usually do where you give a game and you get a special discount on launch day.

It's weird because it's too early to announce a promotion for a May 30th game, so maybe this is another hint.

But grain of salt.

nawz

Banned
That's zavvi/thehut.

You could literally use a random number generator to figure out the release date. And it would be more accurate.

Ah cmon, Zavvi deserve some credit. Every pre-ordered i've had with them have been on time and pretty accurate around this time prior to dispatch.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Ah cmon, Zavvi deserve some credit. Every pre-ordered i've had with them have been on time and pretty accurate around this time prior to dispatch.

They also usually don't update the dispatch estimate when they get a new date. Since you ordered before the actual release date was announced you probably still have a placeholder date in your order.
Also notice that the release date was not updated on their site.

centracore

I chatted with an Amazon.ca representative and asked why their release date is still showing May 30th when Amazon.com is showing released March 10th and "usually ships within 2 to 4 weeks". They are going to check with the Amazon catalog team and email me once they find out.

There's a distributor listing for Mario Kart 8 in preparation for widespread retail distribution in May.

WIIU MARIO KART 8
SKU: WUPPAMKE
Distributor: Synnex

I wonder if Synnex had anything to do with Amazon's messup...

nawz

Banned
They also usually don't update the dispatch estimate when they get a new date. Since you ordered before the actual release date was announced you probably still have a placeholder date in your order.
Also notice that the release date was not updated on their site.

Do not ruin this moment for me.

Hip Hop

I really hope so. It will help my wallet as I would not have to buy Watch Dogs and Mario Kart the same day.

Keyouta

Don't think it is, would be nice though. I wonder how horribly the Wii U is selling since it's basically got nothing retail-wise in March, April, and May. Three months between DK and MK is really bad.

Tabasco

If it turns out none of this is true, I won't be upset.

I'll have plenty of games to play before May 30th hits anyway.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Nintendo of Canada just posted something on Facebook about MK8 and they still say May 30th.

zroid

Banned
If anything, I think this means retailers will be receiving the game in April but the street date is still May 30th. Amazon probably confused shipment date with street date.

Linkyn

There's going to be a Nintendo direct the 18 and it's going to be end by Iwata saying "by the way MARIO KART 8 IS OUT RIGHT NOW!!!!!"

All things aside, this is just weird enough to be true. You never know with them.

Edit: Not sure how I would feel about an April release. The May 30th date is conveniently a week after my last exam. MK8 a month earlier might just mess with my revision.

I didn't mind the May 30th release date honestly. That's right around my last week or so of school before the summer break, so I just thought of it as a nice way to start that. I don't think this is what's happening though; Amazon is just being loopy.

Phazon

Those things are so big and fake that it's comical anyway.

I'd rather just stare at Jesus.

The uncensored one is worth a watch tbh :p

But regarding the actual topic. I don't know if this is something that Nintendo will do. It's probably finished, because EU press will be able to preview it next week, but that doesn't mean it'll release so soon. (Yoshi previews also started in january and the game released in march)

GamerJM

Banned
Seems more like a bizarre Amazon error to me. Games rarely get pushed earlier, and the whole two-four weeks thing seems odd.

I hope it gets released then though, I needs MK8.

lewisgone

Really not seeing it being true. Also if it is I'll be sad because I spent some money for this month on the thought that MK8 wasn't out until May :(

Although even when it releases I'll probably still be waiting for it to drop to £30

Top Bottom