• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Odyssey Pre-install Now Available

R00bot

Living in Australia and having bought it with an Australia/NZ account I should be able to set my timezone to NZ and play 2 hours early, right?

Huh? They are the same thing.

You said you already installed the US version. I don't think you can change it to the JP to unclock earlier without buying it again on the JP eShop.

Yes we can. Sorry I had to use Obama's speach.

You can chsnge your country on the nintendo account settings and download the same game on another region

Pilgrimm

Ordered on Amazon.

When do they usually send keys out? No pre load?

Edit: eh? So I can't actually expect it at 12 German time? Ordered on Amazon Germany.

Locally I'd play around 90 eur here in Switzerland.

I was looking forward to playing it tonight. Oh well at least my pro pad will be here tomorrow then.

Go to account settings on your phone/PC. Change location to Japan. Agree with the terms.

Grab you Switch, Go to eshop. Touch on your avatar icon on the upper right corner. On the left menu go to the last option and search for the Super Mario Odyssey icon on the list.

The cloud with an arrow is the download icon. Just press it and be happy

Demption

Go to account settings on your phone/PC. Change location to Japan. Agree with the terms.

Grab you Switch, Go to eshop. Touch on your avatar icon on the upper right corner. On the left menu go to the last option and search for the Super Mario Odyssey icon on the list.

The cloud with an arrow is the download icon. Just press it and be happy

I have done that but the list where the games should be is empty.

Demption

Try to place some demos. See if it helps.

Disgaea and Sonic are easy to find

I downloaded Sonic demo but it isn't showing there. I have previously downloaded Puyo Puyo Tetris demo from JP Eshop but it's not showing there either.

How many hours left since it should be able to be playable in Japan?

Just a little over 3 hours from now. That is if the game unlocks at midnight.

DoornicK

Neo Member
Considering that it's a global SKU and you log in with a Japanese account, shouldn't it let you play early no matter where you bought the game?

N30RYU

Considering that it's a global SKU and you log in with a Japanese account, shouldn't it let you play early no matter where you bought the game?
The game conects to the internet without asking who is gonna use it... so I think It may be tied to where you bought it or at lest (lets hope) where you download it from.

Downloadrd if from SA eshop... I'm downloading it now from the japanese eshop... let's hope it works in 3 hours if not I may be waiting 10 more hours instead of 3.

tsab

The game conects to the internet without asking who is gonna use it... so I think It may be tied to where you bought it or at lest (lets hope) where you download it from.

Downloadrd if from SA eshop... I'm downloading it now from the japanese eshop... let's hope it works in 3 hours if not I may be waiting 10 more hours instead of 3.

Or maybe checks the Switch's region from the settings. Maybe changing it to Japan instead may trick it.

N30RYU

Or maybe checks the Switch's region from the settings. Maybe changing it to Japan instead may trick it.
or it may just look where you are connecting from... and we must use a proxy...

We'll find out in less than 3 hours.

Just in case I downloaded it from the japanese eshop to save me some time if you need to have it downloaded from that eshop

Vertti

Oh boy my amazon.jp order is in pending verification mode.

I wonder how long this will take. I've already cancelled my amazon.co.uk order to be able to play the game sooner but do I need to cancel this order too. xd

Next option is the South African eshop. Oh boy what a mess just so I can start playing a bit sooner.

ubiblu

Peléo;252869452 said:
I know it might be a little bit early but: Is it BotW level?

Way too early, but yes. Early reviews and leak reactions point to this being a possible GOAT with BotW.

Yeah, if you don´t need to select a profile they probably only check your IP.

Any guide on how to use a VPN with the Switch?

If you can use a hotspot on mobile, just use Tunnel Bear app and connect to Japan, then connect your Switch to that Hotspot.

EDIT: JP version unlocked, no need for VPN.

tsab

If anyone can try it... but I didn't get it to work... used two differnt VPN apps using my smartphone as a Wifi Zone.

try to switch switch's region from system settings, maybe it has something to do with region and timezones

N30RYU

try to switch switch's region from system settings, maybe it has something to do with region and timezones
Already tryied to change it to japan...

Even made a mix... system and language set to japan... account set to japan... vpn proxy in japan... game deleted and downloaded from the download history with the account set to japan...

Somehow internet knows my game is from the SA eshop... so I'll have to wait 7,5h...

Vertti

Why did I leave everything for so close to release.

Now I still have my amazon.jp order pending. Only way to contact is to send email. I don't think they will answer today.

I could be playing the game right now. Think I just need to wait and hope for the best. If it's still pending in 5 hours or so I cancel my amazon.jp order and just download it digitally from the South African eshop.

tsab

Already tryied to change it to japan...

Even made a mix... system and language set to japan... account set to japan... vpn proxy in japan... game deleted and downloaded from the download history with the account set to japan...

Somehow internet knows my game is from the SA eshop... so I'll have to wait 7,5h...

when you were trying the vpn, did you check that you had a japanese ip? Sometimes I had some problems with vpn apps to give me a valid desired IP. Would get US IP instead of UK IP for example.

BSpot

Amazon JPN purchaser here. Just booted it up, it checked, I chose my JPN account to check internet. It checked. I am in. It's playing.

Sadly it tracks the store that you bought the game.

The South African Store doesn't say when it unlocks. I'll be trying from now on every half an hour.

I'm hoping to unlock in the next 2 hours, it will be amazing get the subway playing this on my way back to home.

syoaran

Was looking at this - bought a code at Amazon.jp and it’s currently downloading on my JPN Nintendo account without issues

To login first time, should I use my Japan account? Or is using my standard UK account going to be fine?

Sadly it tracks the store that you bought the game.

The South African Store doesn't say when it unlocks. I'll be trying from now on every half an hour.

I'm hoping to unlock in the next 2 hours, it will be amazing get the subway playing this on my way back to home.
South Africa is GMT +2 like Central Europe, so it should unlock at midnight.

The Cowboy

Has anybody got their digital code from Amazon UK yet?, with that fact there is a pre-load I'm a little surprised they haven't even taken the payment yet.

Top Bottom