• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario, Princess Peach & Toad Nintendo 3DS Editions coming (European CN only)

Almyn

I got mine today also. The Mario 3DS. I was unsure which one I had picked. I was hoping for Toad, But Mario version is just as nice.

Still not sure whether to keep it or not really. So I'll add my name to the list and say, If anyone is interested. Send me a PM.

Peff

hw3OE.jpg

Yay. Looks pretty glossy. So cool.

Fox1304

Took some more pictures, will post them later.

The top of the Peach one has sparkles in it. Like the white psp Go. Awesome. Real Princess Style :D

Apparently mine just got delivered today :D. Wont be home till later to see it. So looks like the UK ones are starting to turn up ^^

OMG Aero

I'm in the UK and I'm pretty sure mine was delivered today, I got a parcel force note through the door saying there was a delivery that I wasn't there to collect and I haven't got any other deliveries I'm expecting.
What really annoys me is that I was in the house and didn't hear anything until the note came through the door, so either the deliveryman did the lightest knocking ever or he didn't even bother so now I have to wait until tomorrow to pick it up.

Sinthetic

I'm in the UK and I'm pretty sure mine was delivered today, I got a parcel force note through the door saying there was a delivery that I wasn't there to collect and I haven't got any other deliveries I'm expecting.
What really annoys me is that I was in the house and didn't hear anything until the note came through the door, so either the deliveryman did the lightest knocking ever or he didn't even bother so now I have to wait until tomorrow to pick it up.

Sleepless night incoming.

OMG Aero

Yep I was right, it was my 3DS. Could have sworn I picked the Toad one but hey, you can't look a gift horse in the mouth and the Mario one is still pretty cool looking.
nK5oD.jpg

v3Agn.jpg

qYKZG.jpg

Mistle

Ahhhhh there was an Australian comp and I missed it? ;_; I had no idea. Why aren't Nintendo Australia sending me member updates, I'm sure I subscribed..

They all look awesome. Lots of gaf winners D:

zoukka

Haha my friend who lived in UK just left and now my Toad 3DS is at the mercy of whoever happens to be on the reception of the dorm he lived in.

In other words, enjoy your free limited edition 3DS mr. Dorm Reception.

It seems the Peach 3DS consoles have started being dispatched to the UK as my one turned up today. Well, I say my one but.....

bfZY9.png

Yeah, someone decided to send out two of them instead. Needless to say I've contacted Nintendo about it, I'm not a scumbag so as long as they send out a shipping label I will be sending the duplicate back.

dock

toad3ds.jpg

Oh look what showed up in Cambridge today! :)

Azure, that's very decent of you, you're an awesome human being. Whomever that peach belongs to would be really sad to learn that it had been sent to the wrong address.

Wichu

Then I guess I complete the trinity - got my Peach one on Monday (though I don't live in Cambridge all year round).

Murkas

My one came today as well

bDFLu.jpg

It's charging now so I can transfer the data from my old 3DS before selling it.

It seems the Peach 3DS consoles have started being dispatched to the UK as my one turned up today. Well, I say my one but.....

bfZY9.png

Yeah, someone decided to send out two of them instead. Needless to say I've contacted Nintendo about it, I'm not a scumbag so as long as they send out a shipping label I will be sending the duplicate back.

That's really kind of you.

There are more winners in the Club Nintendo EU thread as well.

IrishNinja

yeah, good on you azure! i doubt many others'd follow suit.
i love how the dots on the face of the toad one look like eyes, it's adorable.

dock

It just occurred to me that I'm going to have to do the whole friend code crap again when I do the system transfer. At least I can send people a message via flipnote, but I bet I lose a bunch of people :( It's more than worth it though!

edit: whoo Cambridge massive! I wonder whether I'll ever meet another Toad!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
i love how the dots on the face of the toad one look like eyes, it's adorable.

Maybe they should have has a white strip at the bottom so it looked even more like a super mushroom. Of course that would ruin why the Toad 3DS is the best looking of the bunch.

And it's nice to see such honesty these days Azure. Warms my heart.
You should have sent it to me. j/k

OMG Aero

It just occurred to me that I'm going to have to do the whole friend code crap again when I do the system transfer. At least I can send people a message via flipnote, but I bet I lose a bunch of people :( It's more than worth it though!

edit: whoo Cambridge massive! I wonder whether I'll ever meet another Toad!
What do you mean friend code crap? When you do the system transfer you keep the same friend code and all your friends.

dock

Hey new 3DS owners, have you noticed any difference with the triggers on the new 3DS? The ones on my aqua 3DS are much more clicky! The older ones make a noise.
I wonder whether they revised the design for the later colour models.

What do you mean friend code crap? When you do the system transfer you keep the same friend code and all your friends.
That's great! I thought items were transferred over one by one.
I just did it now, it worked great. I love that pikmin are used to transfer the data! :D

bumpkin

Man, this is so unfair... Pssst, NoA, where's ours?

Or even just give us the damn Super NES Classic Controller.

Something! Anything!

Yay, received my Toad today!

I wasn't planning on opening it but I'm really glad I did because holy shit that top screen is really yellow. I know that screens are sometimes warmer or cooler but it really does look like someone has strategically wiped urine over the top screen of my 3DS, and it's especially noticable in the web browser and you're scrolling from the bottom screen (white) to the top screen (urine).

It's actually bad enough that I'm actually going to email Nintendo about it and hopefully they'll repair it. I have no receipt though so I have no idea if they'll actually help at all. :/

Almyn

Yay, received my Toad today!

I wasn't planning on opening it but I'm really glad I did because holy shit that top screen is really yellow. I know that screens are sometimes warmer or cooler but it really does look like someone has strategically wiped urine over the top screen of my 3DS, and it's especially noticable in the web browser and you're scrolling from the bottom screen (white) to the top screen (urine).

It's actually bad enough that I'm actually going to email Nintendo about it and hopefully they'll repair it. I have no receipt though so I have no idea if they'll actually help at all. :/

My Mario machine is the exact same. I was considering contacting Nintendo also, But I'm not sure if they would repair it, Or how the repair process works. I transferred everything over to the new machine, Including the Ambassador games and I don't want to lose anything.

Hmm, the last time I repaired my 3DS (scratches) I contacted Nintendo via their UK service centre website. With this issue, and given that its a ltd edition and I have no receipt, I'm gonna email them instead at their usual UK website for help. I also remember that in the original winners confirmation emails they sent out, they also sent out specific ID codes in case we needed to contact them about the competition so hopefully if I give them that code they'll be more willing to help out. I can see this being a nightmare though as the 3DS is sent by the German branch but I'd be dealing with the UK support.

I'll try and contact them in the next few days with photographic evidence. I'll let you know if anything happens.

Damn these things are bad ass. Way better than the normal "exclusive browngreyredblue" colour. That toad one is to die for, it gives me a nerdgasm.

Oh man, pissed stained screens definitely put a bummer in here.
Whats worse is they might not repair such things anymore. I don't know if hotlinking the NOA support works but heres a link and I'll quote:
Either Screen Is Discolored or Dark

Situation:
A system screen seems off-color (Yellow or Pink)
A system screen seems off-color, fuzzy, dark, or grainy
The system screen colors or quality differ when compared to another Nintendo 3DS

Information:
Due to LCD manufacturing processes it is possible for system screens to look different from one another. The image may appear slightly darker, or have a different tint when compared to another Nintendo 3DS.

This is within manufacturing specifications, and the unit does not need to be repaired.
Given NOA tend to be better than NOE when it comes to repairs its worrying they are in denial. Good luck to anyone who needs it repaired.

It could NOA put that there due to getting screens sent in that are genuinely fine but thats where examples are good.

Great King Bowser

Property of Kaz Harai

Mine came yesterday as well. Decided it's too awesome to not play on so my Zelda 3DS system is currently transferring over. Don't seem to have any yellow tinge on my screen either, fortunately.

More photos at my blog.

dock

Sold my Aqua 3DS to a friend a couple of days ago. I got a fraction of what I paid for it, but I got a lot of fun out of my time with it, and I feel less guilty about owning and using this one now :) Also now I have someone I can play at Mario Kart 7! Win win win!

Mine came yesterday as well. Decided it's too awesome to not play on so my Zelda 3DS system is currently transferring over. Don't seem to have any yellow tinge on my screen either, fortunately

Whoo!! High five team mushroom! Yay for people using their nice 3DSs! They're to pretty too live in the darkness.

Have you noticed any difference between the triggers on your two 3DSs? The triggers were more noisy on my old system.

Top Bottom