• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s Deadpool Animated TV Series From Donald Glover Ordered By FXX

https://deadline.com/2017/05/marvel...dy-series-order-fxx-donald-glover-1202088704/

FXX has given a 10-episode series order to a Marvel's Deadpool animated adult action-comedy series, an adaptation of the hit Marvel character, with Atlanta creator/executive producer/star Donald Glover and writer Stephen Glover attached as showrunners, executive producers and writers.

The untitled Marvel's Deadpool series, set to debut in 2018, is produced by Marvel TV in association with FX Productions and ABC Signature Studios. It marks FX's second collaboration with Marvel TV, joining their live-action drama series Legion, recently renewed for a second season

Official Word from Mount Marvel: https://news.marvel.com/tv/64951/fx...arvels-deadpool-series-marvel-television-fxp/

Wow, you just never know what this dude is gonna do next, seriously

You can't even guess

this dude, man... fucking Marvel cartoons now

Love this dude

Neoxon

Wow, you just never know what this dude is gonna do next, seriously

You can't even guess

this dude, man... fucking Marvel cartoons now

Love this dude
This seems to be separate from the current line of Marvel cartoons (Avengers Assemble, Guardians of the Galaxy, & whatever Spider-Man cartoon is coming up).

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Damn, Donnie taking over. You got the Atlanta crew working on a Deadpool animated show? That definitely has my full attention.

Mariolee

I'd be down with either North or Reynolds as the voice. I'm just glad this show has a solid production team behind it.

Donald Glover went from corny rapper and comedian who wasn't taken seriously to an actual triple threat of acting, writing and music.

It's amazing.

Plus he helped the Migos go platinum.

Truly the GOAT for our troubled times.

mreddie

giphy.gif

The only Donald that matters.

I remember when Deadpool was a nobody. People said "Deadpool would flop" suddenly it's exploded into mainstream pop culture.

Renpatsu

Think they will get Reynolds to voice him?
I feel like beyond merely voicing the character Glover and Reynolds would have such specific ideas about the comedy that it would probably be more fruitful for them both if they stuck to their respective projects.

When I was a kid reading Deadpool comics, he always had this hard gravelly voice to me: his speech bubbles were yellow and the text was rough and broken

Then I grew up, and Deadpool became this internet meme that EVERYONE LOVES and every time he's voiced, he sounds like some Ryan Reynolds regular nerdy douche fucker

Can Wade please sound like tortured cancer ridden science experiment gone wrong instead of an overly excited 19 year old?

Word to the ghost of Bea Authur, Deadpool's voice should be deeper than Wolverines'

Fury451

Banned
I remember when Deadpool was a nobody. People said "Deadpool would flop" suddenly it's exploded into mainstream pop culture.

To be fair, he been all over in comics and merchandise for a long time before the movie. I even remember years ago when the original Marvel Legends toy line came out, he was impossible to find and tended to be the one with the highest scalping resell value

For a TV show? Doubt it. Could be someone like Nolan North, though.

Voice work isn't nearly as time-consuming as live-action filming. I'm not sure I'd go so far as to say it's likely, but it's absolutely possible that they could get him without taking too much time out of his film career.

error4041

I've been wanting a Deadpool cartoon for a long time so this is pretty cool. I wonder how Glover plans to differentiate the show from the movies. I hope we can atleast get some form of a "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" adaptation, one of the best Deadpool stories.

It's kinda crazy how aggresive Marvel has gotten with TV programming. likely becuase Perlmutter no longer has any control over the movies, but it's still pretty cool. I mean assuming AoS comes back a 5th season, they will have about 10 different shows running 2017-2018

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
But what if Donald Glover is in the animated show as a character. Voiced by someone else obviously. Hes not a voice actor.

Sponge

Banned
Im excited but confused. Fox only owns the film rights for Deadpool, or am I wrong? Does this mean Marvel has to give the okay for this?

EDIT - Ah I see the article mentions it's a collaboration between FX and ABC.

Top Bottom