• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Cinematic Universe |OT3| 80.8 % Certified Fresh

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Man I loved Ant Man this second time around, I would probably put it very high on the MCU list.

Pachimari

Found this on reddit: a scene from Infinity War?

cfmnactd9haz.jpg

Not to be a dick, but it's posted 10 posts before yours, and I've noticed you're reposting things that's already been posted again and again lol.

Tom Nook

Can't wait for Comic Con.

We might get the Infinity War Trailer on Saturday!

Marvel Studios (5:30PM–7PM PT, Hall H)
Marvel may have shown off some big Infinity War footage at D23, but it’s not sitting out Comic-Con. We’re expecting more updates on upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe films, including, at the very least, a new trailer for Thor: Ragnarok. Beyond that? Who knows? Maybe a new Black Panther preview? Captain Marvel? Or (fingers crossed) perhaps a more public encore of the D23 Infinity War trailer?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yooo Civil War, these fucking Russos man. It's so hard not to be ridiculously hyped for Infinity War after Winter Soldier / Civil War, these guysnmade magic with these movies (at least comic book movie wise), they just get it.

Hopefully its not a Nolan Dark Knight to DK Rises situation :(

Also I just realised, we are going to get Ragnarok -> Panther -> Infinity War with 3 months in between each, good lord.

Predictions for Marvel's SDCC:

- Punisher release date in late 2017.
- Captain Marvel costume reveal.
- 1 minute long version of the IW teaser that'll be released to the public.
- Inhumans pilot screening.
- extended Defenders trailer revealing the secondary antagonists.
- teaser for Jessica Jones S2.

That sounds about right to me.

curb

Banned
My money is on the IW trailer not being available to the public. I was wrong about Spidey's metacritic and I hope I'm wrong about this but I'm certainly not expecting anything.

El Topo

My money is on the IW trailer not being available to the public. I was wrong about Spidey's metacritic and I hope I'm wrong about this but I'm certainly not expecting anything.

Oh, reverse predicting. I bet WW would gross less than 400m, so now I predict that we won't get a public Infinity War trailer this SDCC.

You're welcome.

tomtom94

Would fit with how the first footage from Ultron was released for them to sit on it for a while, as much as people don't like it.

Quick

Banned

mreddie

-New Thor and BP footage
-More info on Infinity War and A4
-Concept Art and Cast reveal of Ant-Man and the Wasp
-More info on Cap Marvel.

mreddie

Sadly, I think they saving a chunk of the TV stuff for NYCC sans Pun and Defend

Oh right, Gifted is in play for SDCC...ugh.

Rhaknar

so what movies could they realistically announce in the near future that we dont know about?

We know a guardians 3 and Spidey 2 are happening, although neither are officially announced (or named at least), what else?

Strange 2? The big guns are seemingly done (Iron Man, Cap, Thor) and I doubt there will be another Avengers movie anytime soon after IW2 (whtever it ends up being called) so whats on the horizon for 2020 onward?

Pachimari

I still don't think we're gonna get any new announcements until Fall 2018, and I have my doubts they'll do the whole slate of announcements too since they're going away from phases so to speak. But generally:

• Spider-Man: Homecoming 2
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
  • Doctor Strange 2
  • Ant-Man 3
  • Black Panther 2
  • Captain Marvel 2
  • Adam Warlock
  • Nova
  • Ms. Marvel
  • Ms. America
  • Avengers 5

How the Defenders and Avengers could team up - according to Luke Cage and Iron Fist
"We're part of the same universe," Iron Fist's Finn Jones said. "If there ever was a mash-up between the Avengers and the Defenders, I think it'd be really nice to see the Avengers come to the Netflix world. It'd be way more interesting to see those characters fleshed out the same way as our characters are, rather than just see our characters do some big fucking fight scene! There's nothing cool about that."

"It would be easier to have them come into our world because it would probably be more believable," Luke Cage's Mike Colter added. "There's not some huge universal thing going on, some intergalactic thing invading the planet or something like that. Stark's up in the tower..."

"She's (Jessica Jones) still kind of an a**hole" - The Defenders in the cast's own words
"She hasn't changed much," Jessica Jones' Krysten Ritter explains. "She's still kind of an asshole. She's still hitting the bottle. She is dealing with popularity and eyes on her – that's not the easiest thing for someone that's reclusive and as isolated as she is, and prefers to be. So she's just kind of trying to figure out how to fit in. We're picking up not too long after we see her at the end of [Jessica Jones] season one. She's dealing with the aftermath of killing someone, which is not easy. And as someone who already hates herself, the self-loathing is running pretty deep. But she's still funny!"

Jon Watts in Talks to Direct Spider-Man: Homecoming Sequel!
After successfully relaunching the Spider-Man franchise with Spider-Man: Homecoming, Sony and Marvel are staying in business with director Jon Watts.

Watts is in talks to return for the sequel to the hit Spidey film, starring Tom Holland. The sequel, currently untitled, is already slated for release on July 5, 2019.

jph139

Spider-Man 2 and GOTG3 have been soft confirmed, so I could see an official announcement there. Sort of doubtful but it's not off the table - though I can't imagine anything beyond placeholder logos and dates.

I just want Kevin Feige to have another blow out press event. So many chills from that Phase 3 one...
That was such a great day.

I still go back to that thread to see people's reactions when Panther was revealed, when Captain Marvel was revealed, when Infinity War was revealed, and when the Civil War fakeout was revealed. Such a good time.

Mafro

so what movies could they realistically announce in the near future that we dont know about?

We know a guardians 3 and Spidey 2 are happening, although neither are officially announced (or named at least), what else?

Strange 2? The big guns are seemingly done (Iron Man, Cap, Thor) and I doubt there will be another Avengers movie anytime soon after IW2 (whtever it ends up being called) so whats on the horizon for 2020 onward?
Captain Marvel 2 yassss queen.

"We’re part of the same universe," Iron Fist's Finn Jones said. "If there ever was a mash-up between the Avengers and the Defenders, I think it’d be really nice to see the Avengers come to the Netflix world. It’d be way more interesting to see those characters fleshed out the same way as our characters are, rather than just see our characters do some big fucking fight scene! There’s nothing cool about that."
aX6Mymz.gif

jph139

Dude's not wrong. Like, getting Spider-Man or Strange to show up for a full Defenders season would be way cooler than Daredevil showing up for six seconds in Avengers 4.

It would also be like thirty times more impossible but, dammit, sometimes you've gotta dream.

The Kree

Banned
The guy who plays

*IRON FIST*

doesn't think there's anything cool about big fucking fight scenes.

There's a Stupid Virus going around at Marvel TV.

Rhaknar

Dr.Strange was alright. I liked it but its deffinately on the weaker end of the MCU spectrum, it has that origin story by the book a bit too much. Still, some super trippy visuals and the cloak was great. And with that my MCU rewatch is complete, when is Guardians 2 out on blu ray?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Interesting that all of the costumes have a lot of the basic themes across all the unused ones. I wonder which was the first one that really nailed the new eyes, webshooters and the black outlines.

Top Bottom