• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Highway to the Danger Room

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Spidey's default VU is done.

1Yb7dNl.png

that looks fantastic for once

Moondrop

Banned
That's how it goes with online games, it's a really weird thing from a preservation standpoint. Just think of original WoW. There's Nostalrius now, but for pretty much every other MMO, there's no way to play the older versions. You basically have to rely on video footage. It's a unique challenge of preserving games as an artform, they're always so in flux, and a lot of them are just going to be gone forever.

But hey the notion that there will be humans on earth to look back on games several hundred years from now presupposes more optimism than I can muster about our long-term survival at the moment, so there's that.
Yeah I've stepped back from all online games except this one because I'm uncomfortable with our digital future. An online game is a living entity- change and death are inevitable. This never happened with Mega Man 3.

I believe even our robot successors would enjoy Splatoon.

In anticipation of the patch, what kind of hilarious bugs can we expect from the biggest overhaul of the game since its inception?

I hope we get busted pets, somehow...

Briarios

I have to say, I'm pretty excited about the new patch -- I'll probably get back into the game. All the changes seem like they're for the best for the way I play games like this ... I'm hoping they get a positive reception.

Volimar

In anticipation of the patch, what kind of hilarious bugs can we expect from the biggest overhaul of the game since its inception?

I hope we get busted pets, somehow...

How about...

You can summon your pets but not dismiss them. Each time you try, you summon a new one.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
messing around with new powers is always fun, and from what I tried in the TC, the new talent trees ARE better overall, travel powers notwithstanding.

The problem is, as always, you use the new powers in the same old content. That would actully be fine if the item revamp was also coming, because at least you would have an incentiv to farm shit again, but it isnt for now (which is baffling) so...yeah.

Volimar

To be fair, this and the item update patches are huge changes. I don't mind it releasing separately.

The dash charge counter becomes stuck at -1, resulting in everyone dashing constantly. The hubs look like a blur of colored lines.

Gaz spins it as the all new Quicksilver mode.

the item changes probs wont happen till after bolt considering both beast and bolt are getting uniques made, looking at the earliest after testing august september,

Volimar

Holy shit I had that one. Don't remember a parachute though.

To be honest mine was a lot older than that. I don't think it had moveable parts. It had a rectangular hole in its back that you culd stuff the parachute in if you didn't want it to deploy in time. Pretty much the only way to get the parachute to work was to throw Spidey with the chute already half open.

Calcium

Banned
Wow, I really dig that Spider-Man VU. I actually had to buy the Superior costume while leveling because the default looked so bad.

inky

I think that's actually happened before. People got stuck on pet armies like crazy. Might be thinking of a different game though.

It definitely happened with Squirrel Girl. Which I think was what Voli was referencing.

You could keep summoning squirrels until the game crashed.

Dec

Patch is expected for 4PM Pacific.

Also the ability to turn uniques into credit chests appears to be going away with said patch.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Path of Exile manages to get on a console before Marvel Heroes. Incredible.

I find that wholly, entirely credible. Also I didn't know that was happening.

Yeah it's not super surprising. PoE is absolutely the more popular, successful game, which stands to reason it makes significantly more money. Money means it's easier to do things like make a console port in a timely manner.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I was expecting Majora's Mask "Dawn of the final day" memes.

Anoregon

You should try to log on when servers are down for the patch, then send them an angry letter saying you wanted to play again but couldn't so you are done forever.

Rhaknar

I wonder if they finally fixed Ultron's suicide drones for the live release.

inky

What was the problem with Ultron in the new patch? I finally played him to 60 this week and I made a hybrid Summoner/Energy build.

Rhaknar

What was the problem with Ultron in the new patch? I finally played him to 60 this week and I made a hybrid Summoner/Energy build.

his summoner build was great (or is) but theres a talent to launch suicide drones and it was always grayed out in your action bar, it didnt actually work. I thought it was a passive at first but it clearly states its a use skill, and even if it was passive (like the normal drones are now) nothing happened

Patch is up on steam btw, 8.8gigs

inky

Damn, I didn't know this happened:

Changes have been made to the distribution of Eternity Splinter rewards throughout the game:
When an Eternity Splinter drops from an enemy defeat, there is now a base chance to drop an additional bonus of 1-4 Eternity Splinters.
Eternity Splinter rewards have been removed as mission rewards from Story mode, as well as from containers such as Daily Login Rewards or event packages. Eternity Splinter rewards have been replaced with Random Artifact Boxes for Story mode mission reward

Sucks for new players. Getting new heroes and costumes is going to be a bitch for them. Heck, with the recipe changes, getting credits and relics sounds like a bitch too. They really don't want you to earn anything without taking a glance at the store items at least.

That new leadership.

Sucks for new players. Getting new heroes and costumes is going to be a bitch for them. Heck, with the recipe changes, getting credits and relics sounds like a bitch too. They really don't want you to earn anything without taking a glance at the store items at least.

That new leadership.

Wow. That sucks.

Maybe they will do more special events? Though I guess Marvel only have so many shows and movies to promote in a year. I got a good few heroes just by logging in on certain days over the last year. Cap, Iron Man, Strange, Luke Cage, Black Cat, and there was a few others and some random boxes as well.

That new leadership.

More like, you get them more consistently from actually playing. This isn't as bad as you're making it seem.

As long as the actual drop rate remains the same, then it seems not terrible.

The dumbest one is removing them from Event boxes.

The biggest problem is that the only people who are still playing this game probably have a majority of the heroes already so when they drip feed new heroes to us they just get purchased immediately with splinters. They need to give more of an incentive to purchase the hero packs when they come out. A hero stash tab and a costume isn't really enough.

Top Bottom