• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel introduces Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur comic

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Other than the short lived Storm ongoings here and there, this would be the first time Marvel's had a black female lead, right?

It's worth making into a debate. Nobody here has suggested Marvel has some evil racist agenda in mind, but it's still unfortunate.

no Misty Knight in Heroes for Hire, Black Panther Shuri, and Valerie the first Spider Woman but that was a spider character in the "Spider Adventures" magazine or something in continuity but not her own book.

Slayven

Black female super scientists do love afro puffs
Deadly_Nightshade_h19.jpg

This is exactly the sort of book I wanted to see more of when I complained about the first wave of ANAD Marvel announcements being too creatively conservative. Hope there's more coming.

When I saw that op image for a second I thought that this was an alt-time line where a lil Monica and younger Devil became partners ...

So what you're saying is that Devil Dinosaur is a surprisingly good character.

I'm actually really excited for this comic. I've just been kinda out of the Marvel comics loop during Battleworld, but I'll definitely read this.

Ke0

All they need is one panel someone saying she is the new Moon Boy, and her just giving them Epic Side Eye.

Also a Ms,America teamup issue, most comic industry issues could be solved by having characters team up with Ms.America.

Agreed.

This is exactly the sort of book I wanted to see more of when I complained about the first wave of ANAD Marvel announcements being too creatively conservative. Hope there's more coming.

If anything, it makes sense to hold back the actually all-new, all-different books to launch on their own, free from the shadow of "hey here's these 5 new Avengers books!" and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom