• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Reveals First Transgender Superhero In "12 Year Old Mighty Rebekah" Comic.

GV82

It’s not for me but I’m not bothered by it. My problem with wokeness (and I fucking hate a lot of it) has always been when it’s taking a pre existing character or franchise and forcing change for the sake of it.

Like the character of Rose trying to force people to like her boring character or else you’re a Nazi or a Manbaby or Toxic and so on or the Solo movie & their Lando stuff was on the cringey side, even Billy Dee Williams himself said young Lando is not how he saw & played the character, he feel they forced it for the sake of it.

Marvel Forcing us to want to like Brie Larson’s Captain Marvel with all that nonsense, meanwhile Wonder Woman came out & was way less bitchy about it even though they did do women only screenings and so on they didn’t have Gal Gadot screeching Man hatred on Social every 5 mins & still to this day if she did I missed it or at least I don’t see her do it now.. WW was or is bisexual or gay in some comics right? So if they explore that in the films eventually too, I know to expect that.

I have always said if they want to create a new character for whatever reason though fine, let them do that. Marvel’s comics have always been about trying to relate to a young reader about being confused in the world like the X-Men for example

but again on the other hand don’t try & force people who don’t want it to like it or else start to say they are toxic etc especially if it flops.

odd_hatch

Rebekah seems like a very sweet kid. I’m happy that she’s making a difference.

Hopefully the comic is well done. I’ll give it a chance.
It's sad you have to have a rare genetic disease (gender dysphoria) to make a difference.

Whoops, I forgot to add a little humor in there, but this is not being funny anymore.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Eh. Corporations that cater to the SJW arent making the best choice. They are a vocal minority and usually unemployed, so they cant buy your shit anyway.

Furlong

Banned
You can't force a transgender to not be so by "explaining" to them that if they don't simply reorient themselves to what is deemed acceptable by the almighty afro they will inevitably be bullied to hell and back and prejudiced against and therefor more likely to commit suicide than other folks.

Just like you can't force non-transgender people by nagging and bullying them that they have to ignore everything their brains and senses are telling them when they look at one of these cosmetically altered people. The person in the video is male. He was born male, he is always going to be male, and all the drugs and cosmetic surgery in the world is never going to change that fact.

xrnzaaas

Disgusting, kids shouldn't be allowed to make decisions about a gender change in the first place. Let them reach legal age and then decide, same like with other crap involving heavy indoctrination from parents or other people.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Is someone forcing you to engage in it?
This thread is my only engagement with it. Is someone forcing you to defend it?

Personally I didn't know there's such a series before this thread so ironically enough I only know cos of the opposing side looking to get pissed and if it was posted in the right forum I still wouldn't know so they sure don't come in my house to shit in my cereal or anything to get mad over.
I can't speak from others, but my sentiment isn't one of anger or trying to shit in others' cereal. It's is a feeling of uproarious laughter seeing these brands get coopted and turned into something they are not, and then to be finger-wagged (despite being the consumer) for wrongthink by the brand-holders. These companies truly do not think consumers have the ability to be intelligent because this is how they treat the fanbase.

If you are concerned about people shitting in cereal, I would look to the companies themselves.

On paper, there's not anything wrong with this. But you just know in execution it's going to be a shit show.

Trans people are aware something is wrong with them from a very early age, pre puberty. The problem is the majority of people exhibiting those same symptoms aren't actually trans, and 'grow out of it' once they've been through puberty.

The 'trans as a fashion trend' and political battering ram thing we've got going on right now actually irritates me precisely because it's inevitably going to cause a huge backlash again actual trans individuals down the line.

We're already seeing hundreds of young people detransitioing, often from life changing surgery that has left them sterile. It's only a matter of time before lawsuits start flying and legal consequences create barriers for those in genuine need of help.

Stuff like this comic isn't aiming to sell to genuine trans people. That's a one in a thousand market even before dividing by the the rarity that is comic book fans.

Nor is it about acceptance and understanding. I'm certain there's no scientific explanation for the condition, no medical information, no warnings of the dangers inherent to the condition, it's treatment or misdiagnosis, nor the long term health risks even for those that are helped by it.

This is just another attempt to sell to far left cultists, written by the believers in the same hateful ideology that have no interest in tolerance and understanding, but just want power and to tear down the world around them.

Last edited:

DESTROYA

And that’s why I stopped reading Marvel comics.........not for making a comic book about being transgender but making that a focal point of the comic.

Code name : The Fridge

jazz-jennings.jpg

oagboghi2

Is someone forcing you to engage in it? Personally I didn't know there's such a series before this thread so ironically enough I only know cos of the opposing side looking to get pissed and if it was posted in the right forum I still wouldn't know so they sure don't come in my house to shit in my cereal or anything to get mad over.
How many copies are you going to Buy? 10? 20?

Birdo

Banned
The only problem I have with this is the age. Should have been at least 17.

It feels like they are marketing psychological disorders to kids. Like being transgender is a hip new fashion.

Last edited:

Super Mario

Banned
On paper, there's not anything wrong with this.

Putting this on paper has everything wrong with it. It is disguised as another "win" for acceptance, when in reality, it is just more propaganda to influence more children.

I've dated multiple girls who were tomboys at a young age. The reason they were that way is because of how easily children are influenced by their environment. They wanted to be like the other boys, play with boys, play with toys for boys, etc. Eventually, they grew out of that phase. They are now normal girls. Good thing this agenda didn't get to them and ruin their lives. It's a disgusting attempt to put these children in a poor position so that they will be life long D voters, seeking protection.

Gargus

Banned
We truly live in safe times. We used to celebrate actual firsts like first woman in space or first black president.

Why is the first woman in space worth celebrating? Honestly. I dont see how if it's a man or woman it's worth even mention. Just having someone in space at all is amazing.

A black president celebration? Why? Wasn't Obama just another person?

I mean if were all going to be equal then we need to act like it. Praising or condemning someone based on their skin color or gender is not equal. Celebrate the person's achievement, dont celebrate their color or gender. A woman in space isn't special because it's a woman, its special because a lot of people made it happen. A black president isn't special because it's just a person as a president like a whole lot of other people had been.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Why is the first woman in space worth celebrating? Honestly. I dont see how if it's a man or woman it's worth even mention. Just having someone in space at all is amazing.

I mean if were all going to be equal then we need to act like it. Praising or condemning someone based on their skin color or gender is not equal. Celebrate the person's achievement, dont celebrate their color or gender. A woman in space isn't special because it's a woman, its special because a lot of people made it happen. A black president isn't special because it's just a person as a president like a whole lot of other people had been.
I think some firsts are worth celebrating when it's a genuine accomplishment, for instance Margaret Thatcher in the UK was the first woman in the role. It's not that we should all throw up our hands and shriek, but it's okay to celebrate the progress of our society when he hit certain milestones.

Unfortunately, the left has warped and abused the concept of celebrating "firsts" to such a degree that it dilutes the value of true "firsts" that we should be happy to celebrate together.

trikster40

Here’s the irony: On the cover of the comic, you can see a character with a sign that says “Love Wins.”

Yet the LGBTQ community attack one of their own Pete Buttigieg for ringing a bell during Christmas to raise money for those in need because the charitable organization doesnt align with their beliefs.

Maybe there’s more to the sign? “Love wins...If you love me first. If not, F You and your life, career, and whatever else I can destroy.”

buizel

Banned
I wonder when this tranny-craze will calm down (yes its just a fad alot of people are hopping on to - this one comes with benefits like winning at oppression, and now you can apply a whole heap of 'woe is me' things that now apply to you)

oagboghi2

Keeping your head in the sand and pretending the past didn’t happen doesn’t mean the past didn’t happen.

sol_bad

Is the actual comic itself trans related? Does it talk about Rebekah being born a boy and deciding to be a girl? Or is the story just about Rebekah as a girl? If it's the former, I can't say I agree with it. If someone wants to transition, go for gold but kids are very impressionable and a book like this could cause thoughts that were never really there.

As for the real Rebekah, how did this all start? Did he/she start wearing and wanting girlish things as they grew up and their parents noticed? Or did they sit her down and give her some bullshit speak about her not having to be a he if she doesn't want to and she can be whatever she liked. Did they indoctrinate her?
EH

When I have children, if I have a boy and I see him playing or wanting Barbie dolls, I'm not going to assume he wants to be a she. Jesus.
When I was a kid I used to love playing with my sisters pink Barbie convertible sports car. And I'm pretty sure I played with the dolls too because they were part and parcel with the car. Transformer, GI Joe and He-Man figures didn't fit the car properly.
^_^

Top Bottom