• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Reveals Marvel Future Avengers TV Anime, Manga Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Marvel should just do some mash up/cross over comics. I'd love to see the Jojo's out smarting Tony Stark in his Stand Buster armor.
yoat3AS.jpg
[/IMG]

Because the Japanese domestic market can be somewhat difficult to break into, but has a lot of potential value in it. Honestly not sure how well Disk Wars did, so it's hard to say what the perspective for this project may be in relation to that (whether trying to further capitalise on the shonen demographic, or specifically trying to avoid being a merch series after failing to properly compete).

What I find slightly curious in this is the lack of specification of anime partner studio. It could be the info on that just has yet to be revealed, but it makes me wonder if Marvel may actually be trying to handle the animation side of things themselves. Which I mean, if so... uh... good luck, I guess.

I'm still in love with that Storm design...

Hubba hubba.

Not sure what I think about this new Avengers anime. The disc one was "interesting" to say the least.

Yeah, she had a great design.

And she was in the best one since the X-Men one was pretty cool.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Cancel all this shit, Avengers Assemble and Ultimate Spider-Man. Then start a new season of Earth's Mightiest Heroes
latest

Sad that I never got to see Disk Wars (I was waiting for an English dub which they DID make... but never released here). I heard it's actually a lot of fun especially compared to the the likes of Assemble

Cancel all this shit, Avengers Assemble and Ultimate Spider-Man. Then start a new season of Earth's Mightiest Heroes
latest

Nah, Assemble's recent Civil War 4 Parter justifies its existence. Way better than ANYTHING in EMH S2.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Nah, Assemble's recent Civil War 4 Parter justifies its existence. Way better than ANYTHING in EMH S2.

Here's what's gonna happen. I'm going to watch the Civil War 4-parter. Then come back here either praising you, giving thanks for your recommendation...or return claiming EMH is indeed the best and your opinion is poo.

Here's what's gonna happen. I'm going to watch the Civil War 4-parter. Then come back here either praising you, giving thanks for your recommendation...or return claiming EMH is indeed the best and your opinion is poo.

Sounds fair. Before someone finds an old post of mine to try and embarrass me or something, I've been way more tolerant of Marvel Animation. I enjoyed SMASH and USM despite recognizing the flaws and Wacker in charge has only made things better, but I HATED the first season of Assemble (barring a couple kinda descent episodes). I don't want to make it sound like it's DCAU level or anything (it does remind me of the Cadmus arc in JLU though) but I think anyone who (rightfully) passed on it when it first came out should really give it a shot.

Wood Man

I don't think the Japanese youth are into American superheroes all that much.

The last few times I was in Japan I visited some toy stores with my daughter. I didn't see any kids around the Avengers or the Disk Wars stuff. Maybe they're hoping to capitalize off MHA's popularity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom