• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT2| Sold exclusively at Dollar Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
crimsonspider89 said:
EMH, Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Remember she is appearing.
Oh, I didn't even know there was a cartoon. I don't follow Marvel news, I just read the comics because I got the free month from the collector's edition. The online reader is probably the worst one I've ever seen though, it sucks balls. Missing chapters in almost every series, zoom is screwed up, the series shortcuts almost never work and it's slow in general. Plus, there's this weird thing where the text bubbles and background aren't saved as the same layer, so sometimes you have to zoom in and out once before it's readable.

Well I could give you a youtube user with all of the first season on it but it got closed. Youtube it, you should be able to find it.

Note- Everyone should be scared of Hawkeye. Just a warning.

smurfx

get some go again
i'm really hoping nemesis gets some kind of armored assist. that way he can be my bail out assist and hopefully he will be a much better character than haggar. he should be since he will have some projectiles.

I'm having a really hard time with Wolverine/x/Akuma teams....I'm still with viper/dante/haggar as my main team, and its great because Haggar will block the front/back setups that the w/x/a teams have.

However, if I want to try something else and I get online, I feel really open to those attacks without Haggar in there. Blocking it is really difficult....anybody have some other suggestions?

I've tried Tron a few times too, but I don't like how she plays...
I actually like Tron, but abusing Gustaff Fire causes my general play to degrade. Yes, it leads to easy wins, but when I use Dormammu without Gustaff Fire, I start to play poorly because I'm not used to having to work so hard to get people off of me.

This game does not cater to people who like cute stuff at all. Everyone wants to be a badass and it is definitely reflected in the roster. They'll be completely ignored if they don't have some redeeming features.
I think there's a good mix. Tron Bonne, Felicia, and Hsien-ko are all cute, as is Ammy.

Im trying to tell you, HE CAN COMBO AFTER A THROW LAWL He even has resets and mix ups from it
Share the inputs then. I know he can in a corner, but I've never seen inputs for comboing off of a throw mid-screen solo.

Hmm, don't think I have. If I ever get the chance I'll host a lobby and let you guys know. But from today till the release of UMVC3 is looking a little batshit crazy on the production schedule D:
That's fine, you just keep slaving away at videos for us. ;-D
(much appreciated by the way)

So I've got various video components coming in the mail over the next few days. Got my component-to-VGA box in today and decided to give it a whirl by hooking up the 360 to my current CRT monitor. Looks very nice.
I'd love to see more of your Morrigan in action.

smurfx

get some go again
Karsticles said:
I'd love to see more of your Morrigan in action.
his morrigan is definitely the best i've played. his felicia too but then again i hardly ever, ever see her online so that is by default. :p most morrigans i see online are simply there for meter building and i blow them up easily.

edit: just went on ranked and put any for region just for fun and damn japan was pretty free from what i saw. even played this guy 5 matches on player and he was a 1st lord so i was expecting him to be at least pretty good and holy crap was he free. i'm talking about almost perfecting him every time. wonder if mvc3 online in japan doesn't have many people playing anymore.

smurfx said:
i'm really hoping nemesis gets some kind of armored assist. that way he can be my bail out assist and hopefully he will be a much better character than haggar. he should be since he will have some projectiles.
I don't think there will be anything like Haggar assist wise. Armor in this game doesn't mean shit for an assist unless it is hyper armor.

Dahbomb said:
Which character would you guys pick 2 of if you had the option in UMVC3?
Phoenix. Deathwish strats with her on point, Viscant strats with her in back.

It would totally fuck with the snapback metagame too.

Dahbomb said:
I still don't understand why they won't let us do this.

It's not something that you should be able to do in ranked matches, obviously, but anytime else it should be fair game if the people playing agree to it. Especially now that everyone has at least six color schemes.

Also, 2 Morrigans and a Lei Lei.

shaowebb

_dementia said:
Phoenix. Deathwish strats with her on point, Viscant strats with her in back.

It would totally fuck with the snapback metagame too.

Ghost Rider's normals do chip damage. Good luck with that guy Phoenix.

Dormammu has too many bad matchups for me to want to put two of him on my team. Back at release I wished I could have had two Sentinels though, haha.

Karsticles said:
Dormammu has too many bad matchups for me to want to put two of him on my team. Back at release I wished I could have had two Sentinels though, haha.
in the PSN/XBLA rerelease of MvC2 you could pick multiples on the same team in local versus.
6 sentinels caused the game to slowdown, it was hilarious.

Dahbomb

smurfx said:
dual taskmasters! give me a shield charge assist and oh man would i troll online with them.
Why not just pick 2 Hawkeyes? LOL!

I would pick 2 Wolverines and 1 Akuma. Double Berserker Slash in your face!

Two Shuma with a Taskmaster.

A local match in a face to face scenario would not turn out well for whoever picks that against me.

:mad:)
Karsticles said:
Two Lei Lei for double the suckage.

g35twinturbo said:
We had a happy hour @ work yesterday. Alot of good games went on, I gotta find the other footage since my iphone died lol.
some videos of our happy hour tourney :D
Hahaha - that's pretty awesome dude.

I have a really good friend or 2 at Treyarch, but i doubt they play :(

JeTmAn81

g35twinturbo said:
We had a happy hour @ work yesterday. Alot of good games went on, I gotta find the other footage since my iphone died lol.
some videos of our happy hour tourney :D

Treyarch Happy Hour MvC 3 Tourney! #1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWSVXVWuBdg

Treyarch Happy Hour MvC 3 Tourney! #2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_73W8ZHgjM

Treyarch Happy Hour MvC 3 Tourney! #3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edmwDkeazSQ

Re: video #1. Raw tag to Sentinel after Gravity Squeeze, then Rocket Punch into Hyper Sentinel Force? I didn't even know that was possible.

Strange Solarpowered Factoid #3:

I had no idea who Gootecks and Mike Ross were back when this game released. All the stream talk and the constant Mike&Gootecks gifs were pissing me off because I was out of the loop. I never posted it about because I was too busy wigging out about my own character's deficiencies.

Note: Related to the portion of my post below.
Master Milk said:
The PSN chat is empty. How active are you guys usually when it comes to actually playing?
This shit was dead and buried months ago.
Karsticles said:
No way! Hsien-ko's hyper armored assist is exactly what she needs to shine! ;-)
My head hurts like fuck right now and this ain't helping.

@_@

McNum

Dahbomb said:
I'd be tempted to see what a double Phoenix team could do. With a meter building assist. The ultimate cheese. Take down Dark Phoenix? Well, here's another Dark Phoenix! With X-Factor! Sure that'd require me to build nine full bars of meter, but it'd be funny.

QyZbE.png

So the work week is over and unfortunately I haven't gotten a response from Skill yet(I imagine he's backed up from post-EVO work and now Gamescom), so I figured I'd just drop all my EVO media here.

rV1sf.gif

Video:

68cXI.png

Cellphone Pictures:

9cKjI.jpg

• From behind the commentary booth

fAQZP.jpg

• Kindevu's Marn face

YJfmF.jpg

• Lafreef

Jj8IX.jpg

• POONGKOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo

rzErh.jpg

• PoongKO

Azure J

Dahbomb said:

Hmm, tough choice, though I could see myself dicking around making two Morrigans work somehow. Meter stealing is just too cool an ability not to mind fuck people with.

God's Beard said:
lots of awesome stuff

You da best mayne, Graeme especially is happy you uploaded the Noel Brown stuff. Thanks for the upload, you've been dubbed an honorary Canadian by me and everybody else in my scene, lol.

Killa Sasa said:
You da best mayne, Graeme especially is happy you uploaded the Noel Brown stuff. Thanks for the upload, you've been dubbed an honorary Canadian by me and everybody else in my scene, lol.
Nice! I found a bunch of you guys on facbook, but you and eissan I couldn't. And I guess I spelled Graeme's name wrong lol. I still think he looks like a taller Juicebox!

Next time I enter evo I'll have to be GAF Winnipeg-NorCAL Baron God's Beard of Sealand.

Oh, and Seth is working on my interview questions, so look forward to that everybody ^_^

Kimosabae

Banned
So this is probably a stupid thing to do at this point, but I think I'm going to look at creating a new team centered around Iron Man. Who do you guys think I should look at?

Main Team is currently Dante/Iron Man/Magnus.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Karsticles said:
@twinturbo: that Dormammu player sure loves jumping backward.

yeah he did that through most of the brackets

Cromulent_Word said:
Hahaha - that's pretty awesome dude.

I have a really good friend or 2 at Treyarch, but i doubt they play :(

oh really??! whats his name so I can give him a hard time. I'm sure he knows me lol

JeTmAn81 said:
Re: video #1. Raw tag to Sentinel after Gravity Squeeze, then Rocket Punch into Hyper Sentinel Force? I didn't even know that was possible.

yeah me neither

I saw Marlinpie's tutorial, and he said that he doesn't do the double box loop because it's inconsistent. He's right. Nothing about it requires weird execution like her flight combos, but there are too many ways to do parts too early or late so it's not really worth going for. I didn't see this anywhere on the Viper forums, so I think I fixed the combo with a simple change.

jS, LMHS xx L Seismo jump cancel H Burn Kick, MHS xx L Seismo, sj box dash H,S, MHS, jMMH double jump jMHS, L Seismo xx Burst Time
700,000+ damage, 910,000+ with DHC to Magnetic Tempest, 1,070,000+ with second DHC to Sphere Flame, works on the whole cast, works mid screen

This is just a standard BnB, so there's a lot of extra room for assists, EX moves, whatever.

Basically, by removing the first box dash and replacing it with H Burn Kick, they always fall so that the following M hits them at the right level for the next box dash, and this combo actually does slightly more damage while being easier to execute.

Touch

Kimosabae said:
So this is probably a stupid thing to do at this point, but I think I'm going to look at creating a new team centered around Iron Man. Who do you guys think I should look at?

Main Team is currently Dante/Iron Man/Magnus.
I have been trying this since the game released. The best I have come up with is Dante/Iron Man/Doom. Iron Man is really hard to center a team around. :( I'm just glad Iron man/Doom work together well like they did in MvC2 or I would be at a total loss. Hopefully, one of the newcomers in UMvC3 will benefit them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom