• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds |OT3| Self-Control Support Group

JeTmAn81

Frantic said:
I've never seen anyone play Marvel 3 quite as aggressively as PR Rog. He never stops attacking.

His playstyle definitely shifts between offensive and defensive, but I guess in his case it's more like offensive attacking (teleport/air dash in, mix them up) and defensive attacking (jump around, Air Play, call Tron, Stinger into Reverb Shock) :p.

JeTmAn81

Ultimoo said:
pr rog makes me want to run Wolverine/Tron. D:

that Wolverine/Tron THC is so good.

I'm only one character away from his team.....*MUST RESIST SWITCHING TASKMASTER FOR WOLVERINE*.

smurfx

get some go again
SolarKnight said:
It's a frequent "oh fuck why did I forget to delay it AGAIN? >___<" I do know what I'm doing wrong, but it's still SO annoying. I'm sure you of all people should know. Sure would be nice if they gave it a bigger vertical hitbox like you said once IIRC, it's not as if that's gonna break it.

Btw, very fun games Frantic. Let's say that this was a FT10 and you won XD I'm sure it was kinda obviousl Chris/Task/Dorm was my "MASH UNTIL IT WORKS/CHIPS THEM TO DEATH" team, specially when I used Task XD What did you think?
god you wouldn't believe how many times i get haggars punching hyper instead of his stomach splash hyper. i can do the same motion 1,000 times and get different results all the time thanks to my madcatz pad. -_- the worst is when that same character that i would of killed had i landed the stomach splash hyper ends up coming back and defeating me. oh man am i salty at those times.

Tobe

how many pad players does marvelgaf has? i know that smurf, solarpowered and sixfortyfive play on pad but im guessing that there is a lot more probably more than stick players

Degen said:
wanna

y'know

WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE WINK NUDGE WINK WINK NUDGE WINK NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE

play a couple
do you have xbox?

Tobe1 said:
how many pad players does marvelgaf has? i know that smurf, solarpowered and sixfortyfive play on pad but im guessing that there is a lot more probably more than stick players
I'm a stick player.

As far as bad level 3 goes there's no way Dorm's level 3 is anywhere near as bad as Trish's, Chun's, Jill's or Haggar's lvl 3.
Jill's level 3 is good, but I agree on the others.

Japanese Marvel (2) is fascinating to watch. It's like they're playing a different game. I'm not really familiar with J-Marvel 3, though. I wonder what that's like.
Indeed. They even use Megaman. :-O

Frantic

Tobe1 said:
I'm a pad player myself. I'm too cheap to buy a stick, and I've gotten pretty good with a pad that I see no point in getting a stick anyways.

I'm having A LOT of fun messing around with Chris right now. I don't know what I should really be doing though, like, should I even use his combination punches? Currently using Chris/Task/Dorm. Dorm helps with relaunches, and Task is...kinda just there for chipping with his assist (and I don't really know how to use him either).

Also looking for someone to play with btw.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ultimoo said:
I sit in there for hours and no one gets on so. D:
Screw making a new one, just change the name of the current one to "Ultimoo's Lounge."

Tobe1 said:
I'm on pad and fulfill the "pad players are shit" stereotype :D

Degen

GGs TheGreatRazor who (yet again) is not Ultimoo

Sometimes I feel like my scrubby, mashing Chun is better than all of Team Armor combined...

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I play on a wireless pad. So, that's even worse than regular pad users. I can hit Magneto fly combos and loops most of the time tho.

Speaking of Chris/Dorm, I still remember IIRC Chris G doing what looked like infinite blockstun with them during Wednesday Night Fights one time, do any of you guys know how to do that?

Speaking of Chris/Dorm, I still remember IIRC Chris G doing what looked like infinite blockstun with them during Wednesday Night Fights one time, do any of you guys know how to do that?
It wasn't infinite blockstun, an opponent just stood in a grenade's fire, and then Dark Hole held them in place while he kept lobbing more grenades into the fire, which caused a lot of chip damage. It can still be pushblocked before and after Dark Hole hits.

Sometimes I feel like my scrubby, mashing Chun is better than all of Team Armor combined...
My team would rather fight 3 Chun-lis than 1 Sentinel.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Tobe1 said:
Pad players are trash.

Karsticles said:
It wasn't infinite blockstun, an opponent just stood in a grenade's fire, and then Dark Hole held them in place while he kept lobbing more grenades into the fire, which caused a lot of chip damage. It can still be pushblocked before and after Dark Hole hits.

Oh, I see. I'll still try that from time to time to see how long it takes them to pushblock and how much I can chip them.

Zissou

smurfx said:
god you wouldn't believe how many times i get haggars punching hyper instead of his stomach splash hyper. i can do the same motion 1,000 times and get different results all the time thanks to my madcatz pad. -_- the worst is when that same character that i would of killed had i landed the stomach splash hyper ends up coming back and defeating me. oh man am i salty at those times.

You sure it's the pad? When I'm practicing and accidentally get the She-Hulk anti-air grab hyper instead of her standard combo ending hyper, usually the inputs still clearly show I did a qcf and not an srk motion, so I have no idea how the games reads inputs sometimes.

smurfx

get some go again
Zissou said:
You sure it's the pad? When I'm practicing and accidentally get the She-Hulk anti-air grab hyper instead of her standard combo ending hyper, usually the inputs still clearly show I did a qcf and not an srk motion, so I have no idea how the games reads inputs sometimes.
wouldn't stick users have the same problems? i don't hear too much complaints about fucked up commands. i just had a match where i screwed up zero's level 3 and out came his rekkoha hyper and of course the dormammu user destroyed him. i would of killed that dormammu and his sentinel too. :(

Zissou

smurfx said:
wouldn't stick users have the same problems? i don't hear too much complaints about fucked up commands. i just had a match where i screwed up zero's level 3 and out came his rekkoha hyper and of course the dormammu user destroyed him. i would of killed that dormammu and his sentinel too. :(

I play on a stick and it happens every once in a while- it seems to happen when I enter the qcf too quickly. I was never able to consistently nail down when it would/wouldn't happen, but it (almost) never happens when I slow down/delay the qcf input slightly. In both cases the inputs in training mode would show the qcf motion, but the delayed version was 99% reliable compared with doing the input almost immediately after the torpedo, where I'd get taking out the trash maybe 20% of time.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Watching ECvWC now..

Fillipino Champ talking MAD SHIT about MastaCJ.
"Flocker, he's really fraudulent. Have you ever heard of him? He relies on too much."
Him and Flash's argument hahaha.

Hearing the background talk from pro players is fucking awesome.
"Viscant, your like a Toyota Prius, so clean."

Yipes feelin himself SO hard after those early wins.

*someone in the background on Viscant* "YO HES THE MOST BORING GAWDLIKE PLAYER IVE EVER SEEN"

Got all the DLs except PT1 of Good Vs. Evil :(

Azure J

Frantic said:
I've never seen anyone play Marvel 3 quite as aggressively as PR Rog. He never stops attacking.

This is the sole reason why I love watching him play so much. He just overloads a person with attack attempts and knows how to capitalize the fuck out of any one offs he gets his hands on. That's my absolute favorite style of competitive play right there.

smurfx

get some go again
man its going to be tough getting to cosmic lord. i've only been able to put add 20 games to my win record these past two days. i can't play too much after i get home from work. today was especially tough since i kept losing to people i always beat. well except for this one cosmic lord called tboyownz that i always seem to beat without much trouble. for some reason he keeps falling for the same tricks. i always do the same thing to see if he changes some things up but he never does.

Bizazedo

SolarKnight said:
GGs to Blizazedo. I got blown up frquently, but at least my Ammy kept putting up quite a fight =P
Fun games, man. I still have to learn to be patient against Ammy :).

I didn't know which team y'wanted me to use, so I just stuck with the team I needed practice with.

To the above convo, I use 360 analog (cuz of handicapped hands). What what.

I'd say that I'm very surprised, what with those Zero combos, but after starting going to the tourneys here I pretty much see that on a weekly basis so it loses its impact XD

USD

Banana Ken is The Undertaker.

O6suS.png

Solune

SolarKnight said:
I'm having A LOT of fun messing around with Chris right now. I don't know what I should really be doing though, like, should I even use his combination punches? Currently using Chris/Task/Dorm. Dorm helps with relaunches, and Task is...kinda just there for chipping with his assist (and I don't really know how to use him either).

Also looking for someone to play with btw.
Super late as usual but, Combo Punch L don't really need to use plus the full combo is kind of hard to do online with lag. Combo Punch M gives you maximum damage mid combo (corner only though). Combo Punch H can be used anywhere into Level 3 at anytime. It's also good for Wesker-esque resets in the corner. Also you should use Dorm at during your 2nd assist part of the combo into Flame Throw > Sweep super.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Hooray finally platinumed this game. Missions are so dumb. Either the combos are impractical as shit or so easy you wonder why they give it a 5 star rating on difficulty.

Tobe

A Pretty Panda said:
Hooray finally platinumed this game. Missions are so dumb. Either the combos are impractical as shit or so easy you wonder why they give it a 5 star rating on difficulty.
fuck arthur that shit took me forever.

Top Bottom