• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Want Comic Store Staff To Dress Like Hydra During Secret Empire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sblargh

Banned
Still, this is a story that will end in Hydra being defeated by freedom.
Let's assume the worst case scenario of actual nazis being happy about this event. They're basically wasting money on a story that will end in their defeat.

Rome? What?

The Empire has always been space nazis, no idea where you got this Rome idea from.

Wrong. The Empire was inspired by a lot of different imperialist and facist cultures including Rome, The Nazis, The British Empire, Soviet Union and even America (The Nixon Administration in particular according to Lucas).

The First Order is more Nazi like (Although they have significantly more minorities and women in military roles than the Empire did which is really odd)

KingV

Wrong. The Empire was inspired by a lot of different imperialist and facist cultures including Rome, The Nazis, The British Empire, Soviet Union and even America (The Nixon Administration in particular according to Lucas).

The First Order is more Nazi like (Although they have significantly more minorities and women in military roles than the Empire did which is really odd)

I believe .the empire and first order are more species than racist.

Once they encountered fish people brown people didn't seem that bad, I guess.

Branduil

I don't know how Star Wars got into this, but the difference between this and wearing a Darth Vader shirt is that Vader isn't fucking real and he never actually killed or oppressed anyone. Hydra on the other hand is made up of fictionalized real-life Nazis who participated in World War II and want to bring fascism to a fictionalized version of America. It's a pretty big difference, especially in current times when real fascists control our government.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom