• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 - Citadel (SP, ~4GB) and Reckoning (MP) DLC announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSR

Urdnot Wrex is the only remaining ME1 squadmate(that is possibly not dead or in ME3) which is why he is singled out.

I doubt he'll be the only special squadmate, since they brought back all voice actors for this.

It's possible, but I mean that it wouldn't surprise me if Wrex is playable in your squad for the combat parts, and then everyone else is just involved in cutscenes/dialogue scenes. Especially since they're talking about how characters won't appear until after you've finished their side missions and that you have to do this after the Citadel coup (eg. after the Krogan arc.)

Of course you can always have a dead Wrex, so...

Kurtofan

Miranda appears on this screen:
ZP5RSMUl.jpg

Mindwipe

Will (CHARACTER NAME) be present in the DLC?
We would prefer not to spoil which characters will be present, or in what context, beyond what we’ve said: the DLC offers a chance to adventure with your ME3 squad, along with Urdnot Wrex, and to connect with old friends, including romances.

Translation: "No, Morinth's still thrown under a bus, but please buy it anyway before you find that out."

Lothars

There's no point.

Lime made a post listing half the flaws this game has and people still pretend this is a good game not to mention a year later and they still don't know what was wrong with the ending and think EC fixed it. What EAware did is like putting a bandaid on a gunshot wound

Production values > gameplay
The game is great, it's not without it's problems but overall it doesn't matter what you or Lime or anyone else says about it because that's your own opinion and mine is different but it seems like posters like you can't get over that and have to shit on it at every opportunity.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
You'd think that, but apparently we're not allowed to enjoy games that they don't.

Not only that, but they are the final authority on whats good or not. I know when I play a game, I don't care if I'm going to enjoy it, I need to know if Derrick01 or Amirox likes it. If they don't, I don't see how I can.

iLLmAtlc

I'm excited in the sense that I've been waiting for something like this since launch. On the other, I'm not sure how I feel about dropping $15 if it's like a 2 hour experience or something. I mean, it's hard to justify doing that when I was just able to drop $10 for Dragonborn which seems like easily a 10-20 hour experience to do everything you can.

Mindwipe

Morinth's death is unavoidable in the main game.No DLC can fix that.

Buh?

Morinth appears as a Banshee during the final battle on Earth, but that checks the save file for a flag if Morinth has been encountered and survived or not. If she has, the banshee is just called a banshee. But unless she’s in this DLC, there’s no way to encounter her.

Exactly the same thing happens with Jack – if you never do Grissom Academy, she appears as a Phantom later. That in no way infers she *must* die, and indeed she doesn’t in almost everyone’s saved game.

Even beside from that point, this DLC must be completed before the appearance of the Reaperised Morinth, so there’s no reason why she couldn’t appear.

Kurtofan

Buh?

Morinth appears as a Banshee during the final battle on Earth, but that checks the save file for a flag if Morinth has been encountered and survived or not. If she has, the banshee is just called a banshee. But unless she’s in this DLC, there’s no way to encounter her.

Exactly the same thing happens with Jack – if you never do Grissom Academy, she appears as a Phantom later. That in no way infers she *must* die, and indeed she doesn’t in almost everyone’s saved game.

Even beside from that point, this DLC must be completed before the appearance of the Reaperised Morinth, so there’s no reason why she couldn’t appear.

I guess she could be in then. major wtf momen if she gets reaperized right after the DLC

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Are we going to get a trailer today or something? I mean, we still don't know what the story is going to be about.

Patryn

Buh?

VA availability.

I guess people are annoyed that she got such half-baked treatment in ME3, but I don't like Morinth. Often she comes off as just a combination of ideas (femme fatale + SPACE VAMPIRE) rather than a particularly fleshed out character. Of course, when you get to the monastery and realize that they basically didn't allow the Asari Vampires (I am not saying the real word) to have any fun at all, she becomes a bit more sympathetic. But at that point her only character has been reduced to "cheap teleporting bullet sponge."

After the writing in ME3, I don't believe Bioware has any idea what it is that will make me, or many other players "cry." Would be good to have Wrex as a squadmate again, but his character changed quite a bit through the series. I know it's called "character development," but I miss the monotone, sardonic Wrex. From "I think I might be starting to like you" with his best Eeyore impression in Mass Effect, to practically giving Shepard a hug in ME2.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I guess people are annoyed that she got such half-baked treatment in ME3, but I don't like Morinth. Often she comes off as just a combination of ideas (femme fatale + SPACE VAMPIRE) rather than a particularly fleshed out character. Of course, when you get to the monastery and realize that they basically didn't allow the Asari Vampires (I am not saying the real word) to have any fun at all, she becomes a bit more sympathetic. But at that point her only character has been reduced to "cheap teleporting bullet sponge."

After the writing in ME3, I don't believe Bioware has any idea what it is that will make me, or many other players "cry." Would be good to have Wrex as a squadmate again, but his character changed quite a bit through the series. I know it's called "character development," but I miss the monotone, sardonic Wrex. From "I think I might be starting to like you" with his best Eeyore impression in Mass Effect, to practically giving Shepard a hug in ME2.

Well, he still treats Shepard like crap and doesn't trust him much in ME3 if you destroyed Maelon's data in ME2. That simple decision really changes his attitude in ME3. I wonder if this will also show up in the DLC or not.

Patryn

trailer up. It looks pretty awesome. I wish it was post game so bad...

God dammit. This is total fan service. It's everything that's wrong about Mass Effect.

.... so why do I want it so badly? Dammit!

Ah well, time to finish my series replay.

spekkeh

Banned
I think the trailer looks utter cack, like C-rated fanfiction. It's also ludicrously off-topic from the reaper invasion. The mind boggles that some people consider it great. Still going to lap it up though, can't wait.

Omega

Banned
I think the trailer looks utter cack, like C-rated fanfiction. It's also ludicrously off-topic from the reaper invasion. The mind boggles that some people consider it great. Still going to lap it up though, can't wait.
reapers aren't important. didn't you play the game?

Don't know how I feel about this one. I just got through "from ashes" and I kind of feel like
as many have said, should have been apart of the original game content
. I am not sure about this dlc or even omega seeing as I was not too fond of ME2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom