• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Demo Includes Free Xbox Live Gold Pass

malfcn

Hopefully none of these discs break in half for no reason like ME2. It still reads (installed on 360), but afraid for the disc to actually spin up.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Chris Priestly posted this over on the BSB;

There seems to be some misunderstanding here, so I'm trying to clear this up.

Is Microsoft giving players full Xbox Live Gold benefits during the demo period - including access to Netflix, ESPN, Hulu Plus and more?

No - to clarify, Microsoft is removing membership restrictions from the ME3 demo. Normally if a player does not have XBox Live Gold, they would not be able to download the demo until a week after it is released, and would not have access to the multiplayer features of the demo. In this case, all players will be able to download the demo when it releases and all players will be able to play multiplayer in the demo regardless of Xbox Live membership level starting February 14 (for early access participants) or February 17 (all other players). There are no special steps required to obtain these benefits, it will be seamless for all players. To check out all the benefits of Xbox LIVE Gold membership, try the free Gold weekend February 3rd through 5th.

So instead of giving you Xbox Live Gold it seems that the Gold restrictions are removed from the demo, allowing everybody to download and play it without the need to register. Other features of Gold will be locked off.

angelfly

Chris Priestly posted this over on the BSB;

So instead of giving you Xbox Live Gold it seems that the Gold restrictions are removed from the demo, allowing everybody to download and play it without the need to register. Other features of Gold will be locked off.

Should be that way for all demos. Surprising to see EA actually get MS to put aside their 1-week policy as well as allow multiplayer access to silver.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm assuming Microsoft are only allowing this because it was them who accidentally leaked the press demo awhile ago, which also resulted in the script leak.

mujun

I'm assuming Microsoft are only allowing this because it was them who accidentally leaked the press demo awhile ago, which also resulted in the script leak.

I'm getting hyped up for this game, big time. Can't wait to take the MP for a spin, anything that keeps me playing it longer can only be a good thing.

OT, being a mod, why don't you change your tag EatChildren?

EatChildren

Its my badge of honour.

vid

SIGH. Is it wrong that I was looking forward to this demo specifically so I could play some Peace Walker with my buddy without having to pay for Gold? Ah well, guess it's finally time to break down and renew...

Top Bottom