• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 Omega DLC FREE on PSN

SirNinja

I love how buying 2 DLC costs more than buying the actual full game.

It's been a common tactic for many years now to lower the base price of the game but not the DLC, indefinitely keeping the price of the complete experience as high as possible. The infamous Horse Armor DLC for Oblivion, for example: still the same two and a half bucks it was over eight years ago.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I really enjoyed Omega. I think, as a complete package, it's one of the better flowing, long, and satisfying combat arcs in the series. The encounters are a lot of fun and Montreal did a better job of avoiding LOCK IN ROOM, FIGHT WAVES with Omega than they did (alongside Edmonton) with ME3. A lot of the encounters are relatively short lived when it comes to backup waves, there's mini one/two guy encounters down halls, and so the pacing feels surprisingly fast and less rigidly designed compared to ME3. Like it kinda just embraces the shoot-bang and does a great job with it.

On the downside the story is a total hit and miss depending on how much you like Aria, as well as Omega given the context of ME3's plot arc. I actually think there's a lot of good stuff there, if typically cheesy, but it's the kind of story arc that just doesn't feel right within ME3's framework, and isn't long enough to build on its ideas (like the new character). The ending suffers because of this, a pretty dumb character moment which has little impact on the player as the compact mission length fails to build attachment and exposition for said character.

But I digress. I was a wee bit disappointed when I first played it, for the latter reasons and because it is/was super overpriced relative to other DLC and the stupid, insane promises/hype BioWare dumped on the pack leading up to launch. But on my last playthrough I appreciated it a lot more. It's a strong arc, has some great encounters, and I'd say is one of the better gameplay/shooter paced missions in the series.

I think it's worth it just for Aria's biotic power that you get to use after the Omega mission is over. Most powerful biotic power in the game.

Andodalf

Banned
How do I get this for free? All I see is 15$

Is this not in the US?

EDIT: Ahhh, you have to buy it through the console!

Patryn

It is a pity that the DLC has never gone on sale on the 360 where I have the game. I bought all the ME and ME2 dlcs on sale. I bought no ME3 DLCs for that reason.
I may be wrong, but I'm fairly certain it went on sale around Christmas on the 360.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I really enjoyed Omega. I think, as a complete package, it's one of the better flowing, long, and satisfying combat arcs in the series. The encounters are a lot of fun and Montreal did a better job of avoiding LOCK IN ROOM, FIGHT WAVES with Omega than they did (alongside Edmonton) with ME3. A lot of the encounters are relatively short lived when it comes to backup waves, there's mini one/two guy encounters down halls, and so the pacing feels surprisingly fast and less rigidly designed compared to ME3. Like it kinda just embraces the shoot-bang and does a great job with it.

On the downside the story is a total hit and miss depending on how much you like Aria, as well as Omega given the context of ME3's plot arc. I actually think there's a lot of good stuff there, if typically cheesy, but it's the kind of story arc that just doesn't feel right within ME3's framework, and isn't long enough to build on its ideas (like the new character). The ending suffers because of this, a pretty dumb character moment which has little impact on the player as the compact mission length fails to build attachment and exposition for said character.

But I digress. I was a wee bit disappointed when I first played it, for the latter reasons and because it is/was super overpriced relative to other DLC and the stupid, insane promises/hype BioWare dumped on the pack leading up to launch. But on my last playthrough I appreciated it a lot more. It's a strong arc, has some great encounters, and I'd say is one of the better gameplay/shooter paced missions in the series.

It would have been 100X better if it had an extra hub world though.

Toa TAK

Banned
Of course the worst DLC is free. :(

Out of Citadel and even (barely) Leviathan, Omega wasn't worth the price before, so pick it up now if you haven't.

Top Bottom