• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Andromeda coming March 21st, 2017 (US) / March 23rd (EU)

Akai__

When you are on the pre-order page from the link above.

I'm still confused by the wording. It was always 4 players online, so what does co-op mean in this case?

I think the blurb is referring to the co-op nature of the multiplayer since it's not pvp.... There's zero chance the campaign is co-op.

I'd never expect something like Campaign co-op. That wouldn't make sense for a couple of things in the game.

prag16

Banned
FYI for anybody in the U.S. looking at buying this from cdkeys, you'll likely miss launch. They follow European release dates, and support says they most likely will not send any keys out until the 22nd.

StereoVsn

I'm still confused by the wording. It was always 4 players online, so what does co-op mean in this case?

I'd never expect something like Campaign co-op. That wouldn't make sense for a couple of things in the game.
It would be pretty cool if a friend could jump in and take over a team member during campaign play through.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
ME3 MP was definitely PvP.
If you weren't at the top of the scoreboard then why even bother?

PvP means player vs player... ME3 MP was only players against horde of cpus.

And really? I bet very few people were playing for the scoreboards. How about playing for unlocking better guns? For new characters? Or heck, just for fun like Coxy100 said?

PvP means player vs player... ME3 MP was only players against horde of cpus.

And really? I bet very few people were playing for the scoreboards. How about playing for unlocking better guns? For new characters? Or heck, just for fun like Coxy100 said?
I remember lobbys being verbal pvp if you wanted to play vanguard and there was always host advantage.

Daemul

Playing ME3 MP for fun? LMAO, maybe at the lower levels. If you played in the higher levels it was serious business.

If you joined a random Gold or Platinum lobby with a certain class aka Vangaurd, it was not uncommon for you to get vote kicked. I can sort of understand why tbh, Vanguard wasn't as easy to play in MP as it was in the singleplayer, a player needed to have a certain level of skill to play the class well in Gold and Platinum, and the vast majority of Vanguard players did not possess anywhere near the required skill.

The higher level meta shifting away from bitoics and more and more towards the tech and weapon DPS side of things as time went on didn't help Vanguards, as well as Adepts and some Sentinel classes to a lesser extent, either tbh.

I remember lobbys being verbal pvp if you wanted to play vanguard and there was always host advantage.

Lobbies who voiced their frustration with people playing Vanguard were the considerate ones tbh, most just kicked without saying a word haha

Melchiah

Playing ME3 MP for fun? LMAO, maybe at the lower levels. If you played in the higher levels it was serious business.

If you joined a random Gold or Platinum lobby with a certain class aka Vangaurd, it was not uncommon for you to get vote kicked. I can sort of understand why tbh, Vanguard wasn't as easy to play in MP as it was in the singleplayer, a player needed to have a certain level of skill to play the class well in Gold and Platinum, and the vast majority of Vanguard players did not possess anywhere near the required skill.

The higher level meta shifting away from bitoics and more and more towards the tech and weapon DPS side of things as time went on didn't help Vanguards, as well as Adepts and some Sentinel classes to a lesser extent, either tbh.

Funnily enough, I soloed Gold with Kroguard. I played 611 matches, and was never kicked out for playing as Vanguard. It was buggy at times, if you weren't the host though.

I liked using the Geth Engineer and Alliance Infiltration Unit the most though.

The Dude

I can not express how fucking stoked I am for Andromeda. However I don't think it'll actually release in March, I think it'll get a push back but still I am so stoked for a new Mass effect game beyond words.

Daemul

Funnily enough, I soloed Gold with Kroguard. I played 611 matches, and was never kicked out for playing as Vanguard. It was buggy at times, if you weren't the host though.

The only Krogan I ever saw people really use on Gold and Platinum was the Krogan Warlord Sentinel, shit was legit with that damn hammer. Kroguard was alright tho, it seemed like one of the few Vanguard classes which people wouldn't immediately rage at you for using due to it being much tankier.

Also

Alliance Infiltration Unit

107211-Arnold-Schwarzenegger-biceps-h-DXwa.gif

It was also one of my fav classes, getting to play as an EDI clone was awesome.

tootie923

I don't see a lot of kicked players nowadays after getting back into it recently. I guess the lower player count has made people a little less picky.

One of the best things BW did was buff Singularity. Love playing the Human Adept with the Acolyte = spinning Phantoms.

Melchiah

The only Krogan I ever saw people really use on Gold and Platinum was the Krogan Warlord Sentinel, shit was legit with that damn hammer. Kroguard was alright tho, it seemed like one of the few Vanguard classes which people wouldn't immediately rage at you for using due to it being much tankier.

Also

107211-Arnold-Schwarzenegger-biceps-h-DXwa.gif

It was also one of my fav classes, getting to play as an EDI clone was awesome.

Unfortunately, I never tried the Krogan Warlord properly. AIU was fun to play with its cartwheel moves, and the enemies just melt with a Reegar Carbine.

From my experience, it was not the Vanguards, but the people who played carelessly with a tank class like the Geth Juggernaut, or didn't play as a team regardless of class, who often got themselves killed. It's a blessing, that people rarily used headsets on the PS3, as I never had to hear the kind of talk you described earlier. Luckily, I only ran into those kind of jackasses once, when there were two people in the team constantly making obnoxious comments about how the others played. However, I pretty much abandoned the Kroguard outside of solo play, after getting stuck into the seams of the arenas when using the charge.

I don't see a lot of kicked players nowadays after getting back into it recently. I guess the lower player count has made people a little less picky.

One of the best things BW did was buff Singularity. Love playing the Human Adept with the Acolyte = spinning Phantoms.

To my recollection, people were kicked out of the lobby when they were underpowered for Gold, or kept the others waiting. I think the latter was fixed with a patch later on, so the match would start even if everyone hadn't set their status to ready.

I tried the Asari Adept few times, but I didn't really like it that much. The same goes for Acolyte. I liked to use Reegar Carbine V with AIU, Geth Pulse Rifle X with Geth Engineer, and N7 Hurricane VI with Kroguard (Reegar on solo Gold).

I've checked the Xbox Store and I think I and right in this...

Do the Delxue edition's only contain multiplayer content/packs/skins etc?

I am in for the Single Player predominantly, so happy to just get the 'standard' edition I think.

JeffG

I've checked the Xbox Store and I think I and right in this...

Do the Delxue edition's only contain multiplayer content/packs/skins etc?

I am in for the Single Player predominantly, so happy to just get the 'standard' edition I think.

The "normal" deluxe has single player stuff. The Pyjax and some armor and weapons. The Super deluxe has the multi player packs

Kater

Banned
If the Multiplayer is as good as it was in DAI and Me3 then I will get the Super Deluxe edition. I'd prefer a Varren or a robo-dog over a pyjak though as a preorder bonus... unless we can punch the pyjak. :p

Top Bottom