• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Massive FORZA blowout from OXM UK. Lots of details inside.

Killbin

Banned
Blazing Sword said:
bla bla bla.....
Why don't you simply say: "I don't like the PS2 and SONY. The GT series is one of the strongest series in the videogames-business. It is a SONY-franchise .....so, I hate it.
FORZA is much better. I never played it, but it is not from SONY but from Microsoft. After all, it is better than GT.

Buddy, just stop it! Play your FORZA MS and leave us alone!

mashoutposse

Ante Up
Crashes are 'integral' to the driving/racing experience only to the point of being an event to be feared. It is something to be avoided. The actual crashes themselves usually mean the end of the race for the driver, and those that allow the driver to continue are oft times strictly cosmetic. Although a true damage system would be the best option, I'd rather PD implement a clever penalty system while spending their time on more important things.

Tons of games have damage and, excluding games like Destruction Derby and Burnout, it has never been that big of a deal at all.

Kudie

Gek54 said:
*Waiting for the announcement of the TFF Forza wheel*

Same here. MS has got to have a wheel cooked up for this game. Or maybe not, since most gamers will probably never buy one for FM.

mashoutposse

Ante Up
D.Cowboys said:
Youn want a real sim? Play F355 for dreamcast. While you are at it take a look at Grandprix 4.

And what if I'm interested in driving something that's not a Ferrari (one specific model, at that) or an F1 car?

Also, how can you compare the realism of these games to GT4 when the cars in those games are SUPPOSED to drive completely differently from the majority of those found in GT4? I don't see how driving a 355 in one game is enough to tell you that it's more realistic than driving a Civic in another. Don't bring up difficulty as, again, fully decked out race cars are naturally much more of a handful than your average production car.

If you want to call F355 Challenge the best 355 simulator ever, be my guest. Just know that it means absolutely nothing to the people who want to drive the other couple of thousand models in existence.

Lazy8s

The ghost of Dreamcast past
Forza is absolutely, positively not trying for the same look as Gran Turismo 4, probably so that it would look distinctive for comparisons. The palette and lighting highlight strong primary colors for a less gritty and more idealized look. What results when a photoreal approach is pulled off improperly is bad-looking photorealism, not a totally different style like Forza.

But neither GT nor Forza strive for total realism in all aspects. As a game, it wouldn't play right.

Lazy8s said:
What results when a photoreal approach is pulled off improperly is bad-looking photorealism, not a totally different style like Forza.

That's what you get with Forza (the bad photoreal look). It's not the first game to try to pull it off, just go play Apex or Sega GT for other examples.

AlphaSnake said:
You're denying your asshat state and that hurts me deeply. You've spewed some pretty trivial drivel in this thread that I've had to mop up. Your asshatness knows no limits and I am here to put an end to it! If you get crashed into online and there's damage involved, you're getting your ass kicked out of the race too. Then what happens? We have a legion of illogical dorks like you continuing their GT bitch fest -- PD just can't win with gamers like you. So what's the best way PD can punish aggressive racers? Simulate a crash and lift control of the vehicle for a very brief time.

LOL

What a completely sub-standard human being you must be. By all rights people like you should'nt even exist. It is supposed to be survival of the fittest according to Darwin, yet somehow some trashed mouth,weak little mommas boy who is to afraid to actually call someone an 'asshat' in real life, finds refuge and solace in the one place where he can act as tough as he wants with no physical repercussions(other than lack of sunlight),and make up for his lack of self confidence by insulting others so he can feel better about his own useless, undeserving existence, escapes evolution.

But I should apologize. I comitted a great sin against your worthlessness by calling into question your cherished beliefs. Something most pathetic people can't tolerate. I already stated I love GT as much as anyone but, it is not perfect. According to you GT and Sony can do no wrong, and everyone else should stop trying. Your like a religous zealot who would carry out a suicide attack in the name of GT if Kaz demanded it.

But as long as you're in here calling me an 'asshat' (how original), then I guess at least your not outside, where people like me have to smell you when you return to the surface to feed once in a while.

I'm out.

Lazy8s

Forza's style going for a more cartoonish scheme is as obvious as its primary reds which stand out. There's as little logic suggesting otherwise as there is to suggest that Gran Turismo 4 tried for the Forza look and ended up looking different because it failed.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Blazing Sword said:
LOL

What a completely sub-standard human being you must be. By all rights people like you should'nt even exist. It is supposed to be survival of the fittest according to Darwin, yet somehow some trashed mouth,weak little mommas boy who is to afraid to actually call someone an 'asshat' in real life, finds refuge and solace in the one place where he can act as tough as he wants with no physical repercussions(other than lack of sunlight),and make up for his lack of self confidence by insulting others so he can feel better about his own useless, undeserving existence, escapes evolution.

But I should apologize. I comitted a great sin against your worthlessness by calling into question your cherished beliefs. Something most pathetic people can't tolerate. I already stated I love GT as much as anyone but, it is not perfect. According to you GT and Sony can do no wrong, and everyone else should stop trying. Your like a religous zealot who would carry out a suicide attack in the name of GT if Kaz demanded it.

But as long as you're in here calling me an 'asshat' (how original), then I guess at least your not outside, where people like me have to smell you when you return to the surface to feed once in a while.

I'm out.

Yes. Reply to a valid post by focusing 3 paragraphs on my jabs. Awesome! Looks like I've hit a nerve. My job here is done. Can't say there's anything as pathetic as taking a forum seriously.

And for the record, no I don't think GT can do no wrong. There are various things I can complain about, actually. :)

Edit: Oh, and as far as the religious zealot comment, I don't even play videogames anymore. I sold them all a few weeks ago. :) :) :)

Lazy8s

SolidSnakex:
That's what you get with Forza (the bad photoreal look).
Not at all. If a game failed at going for photorealism, the various components of the look (color palette, texture detail approach, lighting, shading, etc.) would all fall at varying substandard degrees of photorealism (mismatched and/or not proficient). This is because they all would've been targeted along a scale that strives for photorealism. Forza, on the other hand, does not demonstrate an inconsistency of photorealism in its visual components; they're all fairly equally non-photoreal and together are cohesive toward a distinct style.

mr2mike

Banned
I vote for bad photorealism.

Because then, why would a developper strive for a look that looks like "We tried to do photorealism, but we couldn't nail it". wich is what Forza looks like now. Maybe later it'll be fixed.

But on a side note, the corvette video brings me great sadness, as you can see the reflections crawl around the car at an amazing very-below-30-fps-rate. The F word is probably the best word to describe how I feel about that.

Killbin

Banned
Blazing Sword said:
LOL

I'm out.
crybaby.jpg

Enough said!

Shinobi

AlphaSnake said:
Cute. But you knew what I meant.

Yeah, your mom thinks I'm cute too.

Seriously though, what did you mean exactly? You don't think the rally track with it's gravel roads and bumps doesn't have a different affect on the cars to regular tarmac? Maybe environmental effects aren't a primary focus, but they're still there (as they should be).

AlphaSnake said:
Yes. Reply to a valid post by focusing 3 paragraphs on my jabs. Awesome! Looks like I've hit a nerve. My job here is done. Can't say there's anything as pathetic as taking a forum seriously.

And for the record, no I don't think GT can do no wrong. There are various things I can complain about, actually. :)

Edit: Oh, and as far as the religious zealot comment, I don't even play videogames anymore. I sold them all a few weeks ago. :) :) :)

ROFL.
Your delusions know no bounds. VALID post? You mean the posts where YOU started throwing personal insults at me, over a game? Why dont you wake up and smell what you're shoveling.

From this point on you shall be known as OsamaGT to me.
Why? Because your willing to attack anything against your established beliefs, your so delusional that you think I actually started attacking YOU, and finally I'm willing to bet your just a scared man who hides away in darkness.

Whatever post or thread you reply in, I will never refer to you as anything other than that.

C-ya later, OsamaGT(alphasnake)

DSN2K

guys lets give it some time no ? :)

game is not finshed and im sure they are well informed on what people think.

AlphaSnake

Blazing Sword said:
ROFL.
Your delusions know no bounds. VALID post? You mean the posts where YOU started throwing personal insults at me, over a game? Why dont you wake up and smell what you're shoveling.

From this point on you shall be known as OsamaGT to me.
Why? Because your willing to attack anything against your established beliefs, your so delusional that you think I actually started attacking YOU, and finally I'm willing to bet your just a scared man who hides away in darkness.

Whatever post or thread you reply in, I will never refer to you as anything other than that.

C-ya later, OsamaGT(alphasnake)

Hahahaha, this guy's a riot.

FightyF

Banned
Hahah, OsamaGT...that's so lame...but funny.

...from now on it will stick. Alpha-who? Oh! You mean OsamaGT!

Seriously though, I skimmed through the arguement and not many points were made...it was more like bickering over nothing really.

AlphaSnake

Blazing Sword said:
Thanks, I'm sure the clothes you wear are also.

C-ya, OsamaGT. I've had enough of your inane drivel. Time for me to move on.

LOL @ OsamaGT. Somebody has to make that my new tag. This guy's one of the dumbest encounters I've faced in my 3 years on this forum.

Gattsu25

Banned
AlphaSnake said:
LOL @ OsamaGT. Somebody has to make that my new tag. This guy's one of the dumbest encounters I've faced in my 3 years on this forum.

nah...someone needs to change either Blazing Sword's name or tag to OsamaGT...that would be more fitting

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
DarienA said:
I can't believe the mods left this thread open this long...

Me either. I'm not for locking threads or anything but if this thread would've taken place in the OT forum, Alpha woulda been banned and thread would be closed.

That said, I think Godwin's law should be altered to include Osama bin Laden.

Fight for Freeform said:
Hahah, OsamaGT...that's so lame...but funny.

...from now on it will stick. Alpha-who? Oh! You mean OsamaGT!

Seriously though, I skimmed through the arguement and not many points were made...it was more like bickering over nothing really.
I agree. I wish OsamaGT did'nt have to derail the thread with his stupidity and conformist attitude. I would very much like to talk about the games again.

As I was saying earlier, crashing is a part of racing and driving. Simple truth. I'm willing to bet that 9 out of 10 people would much prefer that GT had car damage like Forza. Maybe I'm wrong, and if people disagree, then fine. I won't take it personally like some losers do.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Blazing Sword said:
with his stupidity and conformist attitude.
...says the guy who started this thread issuing very GA conformist potshots at GT and the PS2, without any provocation.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
amount of Forza threads I've been able to enjoy since the game was announced: 0.

thanks for ruining it for everyone guys.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
or how about discussing the game itself instead of "hey it looks like clay" and compare it to GT3 or whatever. like wtf.

Gattsu25

Banned
kaching said:
You mean you would have enjoyed the thread based on the initial direction BS sent it in?

Blazing Sword said:
GT4 may beat Forza in sales, but Forza may just beat GT 4 in Gameplay.

Blazing Sword said:
Thats what they said. Makes you wonder how the GT developers can use them as an excuse to not include it in their game.

Blazing Sword said:
Porshe and Ferrari said no to Kaz to even INCLUDE their cars in GT. They said yes to MS AND allowed them to get banged up. Why can Forza get MORE car manufacturers in their stable than GT and allow damage? GT may have more cars, but they will have different models and years from the same manufacturers they had before. Manufacturers Forza has, PLUS some.

One said no to GT, but they all said Yes to Forza. Again I ask why? I just think they cannot do it on the PS2 the right way.. Simple as that.

Haha...he derailed his own thread before anyone else even had a chance

AlphaSnake

LOL The Xnuts are getting mad at us for derailing the thread, when we didn't even do anything in the first place.

FightyF

Banned
I'm willing to bet that 9 out of 10 people would much prefer that GT had car damage like Forza.

Hey, I'm sure that PD would LOVE to include damage, but the PS2 won't be able to do it to the point where it would look realistic. It would be on par with The Getaway's damage model because the cars are so low poly. Wait until the PS3 comes out before expecting anything like that.

Top Bottom