• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Matt Stone and Trey Parker aim to try to buy Casa Bonita

TransTrender

Gold Member

Is Casa Bonita even good? It looks cool.
It's soo...soooooo bad...
It's also soo weird in there, and huge. Like wandering around in the back conference rooms, which are fucking huge in an already gigantic building, and one was selling Amway or something and the other was a wedding reception. It's like another planet.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
casa bonita cops GIF by South Park

Mr Rawnch

Neo Member
I'm a native and have eaten there a few times. The food hasn't been good since the early '90's. The restaurant is more of a historical landmark, and had its share of ups and downs.

I hope they can breath some life into it.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I was there in the 80s. It was pretty cool for a child. I don't remember how the food was but it was definitely an experience.

Lunarorbit

The food was so bad. You go through a cafeteria line to order before you sit down for some reason. I don't know how but they fucked up tortilla chips and salsa.

The gorilla show and divers were neat but it's probably been the same for 30 years. The ceiling looked like acoustic tiles spray painted black. Weird.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
The food was so bad. You go through a cafeteria line to order before you sit down for some reason. I don't know how but they fucked up tortilla chips and salsa.

The gorilla show and divers were neat but it's probably been the same for 30 years. The ceiling looked like acoustic tiles spray painted black. Weird.
I am gonna pretend the food is amazing there from now on just to spite everyone who delights in saying how bad the food is.

I can’t freaking wait to go. My mom would let me play at the arcade next door for a bit before we would head into Casa Bonita many moons ago when I was a child. For kids it was a really fun place. They have to be taking a giant loss on restoring this place.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I legit can't remember if I ever went. I feel like i did. I lived in Arvada Colorado in the 80's and I have the vaguest memories of at least seeing it. I think I've been to a place like it at least but I just can't be sure. In any case I'm glad they're upgrading the food.

The haunted cave kind of reminds me of this old "theme park" we had called Old Vegas. It was this big outdoor place in Henderson, Nevada which is literally right next door to Las Vegas. They had this Mystery Cave you would walk through and there would be optical illusions and such that reminded me of that cave they showed.

This was back in the earlier or mid 80s. It was basically cowboy/old west themed and was supposed to be like Las Vegas back in the frontier days.

Anyways, the Old Vegas park is long gone. Unless you count New Vegas but that's a video game....

Top Bottom