• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Matt Thompson (Archer) to Direct First Original Netflix Animated Film: "America"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toothless

Netflix, the streaming service that has been so successful with their original series, is taking on animation next. They’ll be financing their very first major animated feature film called America: The Motion Picture, according to Deadline. Channing Tatum (21 Jump Street, Magic Mike) will voice the role of George Washington in this “R-rated revisionist history tale about the founding of the country.” The script was written by Dave Callaham (The Expendables franchise). Matt Thompson will direct. Callaham and Thompson will produce along with Floyd County’s Adam Reed (Thompson and Reed are responsible for the series Archer.) Tatum will produce with Free Association with partners Peter Keirnan and Reid Carolin. The LEGO Movie‘s Phil Lord and Chris Miller will produce from Lord Miller with Will Allegra.

Source.

Archer guys
Channing Tatum
Lord/Miller
R-rated animation.

This is exciting.

Archer guys
The Xtacles guys
Frisky Dingo guys
Sealab 2021 guys

(plus a few Space Ghost episodes)

but yeah, I wish they were writing it instead of the writer from such hilarious films as "The Expendables" and "Doom". Still sounds like it could be good though.

I definitely have more faith in y'all in this. Archer and Lord/Miller combo clearly seen something in this script so I'm down

Rembrandt

Banned
Archer guys
The Xtacles guys
Frisky Dingo guys
Sealab 2021 guys

(plus a few Space Ghost episodes)

but yeah, I wish they were writing it instead of the writer from such hilarious films as "The Expendables" and "Doom". Still sounds like it could be good though.

Doom is so underrated though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom