• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Matthew Perry Confesses to Beating Up Justin Trudeau in the Fifth Grade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Matthew Perry Confesses to Beating Up Justin Trudeau in the Fifth Grade

MatthewPerryJustinTrudeau.jpg

Matthew Perry has a story about Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau that he's not particularly proud of: ”My friend Chris Murray, who was also in the fifth grade in Canada, reminded me that we actually beat up Justin Trudeau," he confessed on Jimmy Kimmel Live Wednesday.

Trudeau's father, Pierre Trudeau, was serving as prime minister at the time, but Perry doesn't think that was the reason they picked on their schoolmate. ”I think he was excelling in a sport that we weren't as [good at]," CBS' Odd Couple star said. ”So, it was pure jealousy." He added, ”I think he was the only kid in school we could beat up."

Perry clarified his remarks: ”I'm not bragging about this. This is terrible, I was a stupid kid. I didn't want to beat him up. In fact, I think at one point I tried to turn it into love play," he said, acknowledging Trudeau's striking good looks.

”But I think it was rather instrumental in him going to such great heights and becoming prime minister," the former Friends actor said. ”Yeah, I think he said, ‘I'm gonna rise above this, and I'm gonna become prime minister.'"

There's a video of this interview at the link. Could he BE any more of a bully?

VeeP

Wait so Perry was jealous of Justin and tried to beat him up but at the same time had a crush on him?

What?

I mean, have you seen that trick Justin does at parties? Falling down all those stairs? Who wouldn't be jealous and have a crush on him after that.

If my kid had picked a fight with a freaking head of state's child I would have to severely humble him. Come on son, are you trying to ruin our lives?!!?

Regginator

Man, hard living takes its toll. I would never have guessed they are the same age.

Yeah, Chandler looks like he could be his dad. On the other hand, Trudeau looks very young for his age. My father is a mere four years older and he (understandably) looks nowhere near as young as him.

RedAssedApe

Banned
sounds like the plotline to a movie. bully bullies someone because he actually wants to be friends and its the only way he knows how to get attention

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom