• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 1+2 Remakes Will "Bring Them Upto Modern Standards" & Combine Both Games Together

brian0057

Banned
"... bringing them up to modern standard..."

rbcMtmJ.jpg

So Lake is going to make this Max Payne an extended version that seamlessly combines the stories of 1 and 2, clever actually. Anyone remember the game length of those 2 games? I remember 3 being quite long.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So Lake is going to make this Max Payne an extended version that seamlessly combines the stories of 1 and 2, clever actually. Anyone remember the game length of those 2 games? I remember 3 being quite long.

How Long to Beat has MP1 and 2 at ~8 hours each.

Control alone is far longer than both of those combined.

Muffdraul

Sounds good to me. I never played Max Payne until 3, and that was pretty much only because I was hyped for GTA V info. (Trust me, it made sense at the time. Well, to me.) I was just never interested, all I knew was that they were about a detective or something and it had gunplay from The Matrix. A game with bullet time action might have appealed to me if it was baked into a surreal sci-fi motif, but just some cliche NYC cop? No thanks. I thought MP3 was nothing more than OK. Alan Wake was the game that put Remedy on the map for me, it was probably after that when I finally took a look at Max Payne, but even in 2010 they already looked so dated and clunky that I still wasn't really interested. After Control, my pick for GOTY 2019, I'd totally be into a full blown top-to-bottom remake though.

YCoCg

Woke ridiculing is more like it. The last thing I fear are woke individuals.
Absolutely NOTHING about what Remedy has said though has indicated they're doing anything "woke" and yet some people like to jump in to mention the "woke" and how the the "woke" are going to destroy the game and how companies are "woke" and how they'll be replacing Max with a black transgender disabled person.

Do you not know how tiring it is? Ridicule all you like when it's actually warranted but I swear "Woke-mongering" then is getting as bad as actual woke people demanding stuff, I'd say it's even worse on this forum since we don't have that many actual woke types screaming, we have MORE people screaming about wokes instead.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Alan wake REMASTER didn’t even had hdr and retardified Alan’s face. Yeah so good. I don’t trust remedy anymore

Never really played this way back when - but watched someone play a lot of it. Tried it out recently and thought it was pretty good, mainly the plot delivery. This seems like a no brainer for easy money.

Inuteu

People in this thread have reminded me of the dream sequences. These parts really dragged an almost perfect game down, I absolutely hated them passionately. Anyway, really looking forward to this!
How game designers are not aware that people hate dream and drug sequences by now?

I bet they will add another Mary Jane sequence in the next Spiderman

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
ah yes Remedy, the famously woke studio who hates capitalism and is comprised of diversity hire union worker fat pink haired black feminists who insert marxist political agendas into every one of their games, such as Control, Alan Wake and Max Payne. That Remedy.

Eat a snickers or something. Let the woke paranoia fade away.

Humdinger

I'm thinking about replaying the originals soon. At the time, I thought Max Payne 2 was the best-paced game I'd ever played. Maybe I'll play them again when the remake arrives. Sounds like it's years away.

alf717

I remember a part in Max Payne 2 where you kill the cleaners and one of them is on scaffolding outside a window. This dude dies in slo-mo if he gets hit by anything. We would spent insane amounts of time finding funny ways to kill him. One was launching him across the street.

DeepSpace5D

This sounds pretty awesome to me. Max Payne is probably one of my most beaten games of all time. A proper remake from Remedy sounds like a mandatory buy.

Filben

The dream sequences with the crying baby in the background is even today haunting and very uncomfortable to watch. Now imagine they removed the platforming aspect and it's even more impactful.

I loved how simple and focused the gameplay were back then; no crafting, no perk systems etc. No health regeneration so there was never a need to halt and hold back with the action when you stacked enough painkillers, just go straight through and keep shooting. Yet there were downtimes in regard of the pace, for very very light exploration (painkillers, ammunition) but also for atmosphere, dialogues, soaking in the environment. The first person narrative is even to this day something you rarely see (I'm so going to buy El Paso, Elswhere just for that) and is one of its kind.

The texture and art work is very coherent and looks good even today. Controls are responsive as fuck and rivals first person shooters.

The Max Payne games will always have a place in my Greatest of All Time hall.

SJRB

Gold Member
How can you interpret "modern standards" in any other way than technical and gameplay improvements?

Max Payne is fucking archaic, have you tried playing it recently?

'Modern Standards' worries me, hopefully they mean gameplay and not the story/writing.
Max is now a non-binary LBTQI spokesman on a quest for acceptance. Anyone against gets "cancelled".

Features:

- Max dress-up: Stun the enemies with bright colors and piercings (Defense stats +100)
- Snowflake time: Push your agenda in slow motion
- Pacifist mode: NPC's and Max shout Pew pew instead of shooting

Its ma'am DLC will be available through Wokepass later on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom