• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
My fellow MAX-GAF brethren! WE ARE ALMOST THERE!!!!!

So hyped ;)

I'm going to bite the bullet on the PS3 version for now, another week or 2 will kill me waiting for the PC version.

The PC version will be mine when i do my upgrade :) Hopefully with most bugs ironed out and some cool mods to tinker with.

max_payne_3_official_sojb2.gif

^ i love that gif.

Blutonium is the man.

My fellow MAX-GAF brethren! WE ARE ALMOST THERE!!!!!

So hyped ;)

I'm going to bite the bullet on the PS3 version for now, another week or 2 will kill me waiting for the PC version.

The PC version will be mine when i do my upgrade :) Hopefully with most bugs ironed out and some cool mods to tinker with.
]

Any word on the PC version requiring that weird social club sign up stuff GTA 4 had (can't remember the name) I might double dip.

Angry Fork

You're the prototypical gatekeeper fan. Passionate to an extreme degree. Already deciding that a setting doesn't work for a game you've not played is a touch nonsensical, in my opinion.

Have you seen any Brazilian crime films? City of God is an excellent starting point. Brazil, from the crime films that characterize it, is a much harsher place than NYC could ever hope to be because people commit crime in broad daylight. Police are often afraid to go into the favelas, I've read.

I feel you can't comment on the setting until you've seen what it has to offer. Be it through actually visiting Brazil or seeing it in films.

I loved City of God I don't have a problem with the setting on it's own or in a crime scenario, I think Max Payne 3 will end up being a great game, it's just not the kind of Max Payne I want to play (based on what I've seen). I always associate dramatic changes with casualization now and dumbing down/shitting on fans because it's happened with so many other franchises already. This generation seems to have taken the scalpel to almost every beloved last-gen franchise, at least for me. When I saw MP changing setting I felt it was more about changing to 'adapt' to current trends rather than legitimately feeling like they should change due to story reasons.

Max Payne 1/2 are perfect to me. Part 2 even more so even though many prefer 1 for some reason. I prefer 2 for being more grounded, less supernatural but having more cool weird shit like the carnival or hospital missions. So yea when there's dramatic deviations from what I perceive to be perfection it bothers me. I'm a huge fan of David Lynch whose work obviously inspires Remedy, the emphasis on sound and visual design to give a direct uneasy feeling and Max Payne 1/2 and Alan Wake really has that kind of stuff in spades.

Even stuff like those TV sets that show up from time to time with the fake, unsettling stories. I'm the type to stand there and watch the entire thing and smile the whole way through. I get immense enjoyment from those sound/visual mixtures. Remedy just really knows what it means to create ominous atmosphere and I've seen none of that in MP3's gameplay videos at all. All I've seen is cool bullet time physics shit which is fine but not what I care about most. But we'll see I guess, maybe there will be a nice legit callback at some point.

Cystm

Fantastic OP, sir.

I am looking forward to this when/if I ever reclaim my soul from Diablo III / TOR / Dota2.

Sn4ke_911

Whaaaaaat? That is a good song. I'm listening to the full thing. It is so relaxing.

I have no idea what this song is about, I guess it's in Portuguese. But it sounds good.

It's the perfect theme song for junkies and drug addicts.

Nemesis_

I might just watch some playthroughs on YouTube. I know someone told me to play them but I really don't have the time to finish both of them between now and then (especially since I have an essay due friday that's worth a sizable amount of my mark).

Sigh.

EDIT: Talking about Max Payne and Max Payne 2. >_>

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
May 29th.....are you fucking kidding me!
Fuck this shit i just might go X360 for this one.....but no i must hold out...I must.

PC version should be glorious they must have hyped it up for a reason.....they must be confident in its port-e-ness.

P.S Why are PC version almost always late?

Dacon

Banned
So like, is it okay for me to share some art I've been working on when I finish it?

Also, is there a list of all of the guns that will be available yet?

or is that being kept under wraps too?

Pezking

Any idea which console version should be the one to get?

RDR was superior on 360, while L.A. Noire was better on PS3.

I usually prefer playing on the PS3, but I deeply regretted pre-ordering RDR for it...

Managed to snag a pre-order of this when Amazon was briefly selling it for £32. I was in like Flynn.

Anyway, it's hard to believe this game is so soon to release. It's finally coming out, this is reality! Max Payne 2 is among my top 10 favourite games, so this has a lot to live up to. I hope it delivers.

Sn4ke_911

Wait, people are double-dipping on MP3? Why must the PC version come out so much later? fuckfuckfuck

I wanted to double dip but THANK YOU BASED BLIZZARD! Diablo 3 comes out the same day. So hopefully this keeps me alive until this bad boy drops on the PC.

bedlamite

The ans of your first question is their in the second :p

Making impatient folk pay twice for their game? R*, those clever bastards!

Yeah I'll hold out for the PC version, the graphics are going to be SWEET, plus having played 1 and 2 with a mouse and keyboard I'm not sure how much of a downgrade a gamepad will be (mind you, I'm not one of those KB/M zealots)

Endo Punk

I haven't bought GTA since Vice City but if this crew system that can be taken to GTAV from MP3 is really something special, well then, GTAV is bought. Rockstar man, those smart SOBeez.

And I just gotta say, I am so glad the game doesn't emphasise over the shoulder view for shooting. It's sort of refreshing now since hardly any TPS game does it.

Simo

Awwww yeah and we're back!

I usually prefer playing on the PS3, but I deeply regretted pre-ordering RDR for it...

Well Team Bondi developed L.A Noire with PS3 as the lead console since it was originally a PS3 exclusive so that might account for that. Also Max Payne 3 comes on 2 discs for the 360 version while the PS3 is only 1 Blu-Ray so that might factor in a decision.

Personally I'll just be sticking with the 360 version. Suddenly dawned on me that usually mom and pop stores break the street dates and copies may be in the wild this week, though I'm curious to see how the manual and whatever goodies are in the case as Rockstar usually go all out.

Fjordson

Well, L.A. Noire wasn't a RAGE engine game like Red Dead or Max Payne 3, so this could be another case of 360 being the better version. That being said, they've consistently shown off all three versions, and I've seen a few gaffers on here already mention that they played the PS3 version at PAX East and that it ran great. So tough to say for sure, but you may be okay this time around on PS3.

So like, is it okay for me to share some art I've been working on when I finish it?
Do it! As for the weapons, I don't think there is any sort of definitive list as of now, but if you go to Rockstar's YouTube page they have some neat weapon videos on there that show off a bunch of the guns.

Suddenly dawned on me that usually mom and pop stores break the street dates and copies may be in the wild this week, though I'm curious to see how the manual and whatever goodies are in the case as Rockstar usually go all out.
I really hope we get a poster of some sweet Max character art. I've had my GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas posters up in my game room for years (also put up the one from Red Dead recently).

And yeah I'm guessing some people will have legit copies by this weekend. Can't wait for the inevitable streams. Searching those out before R* ninjas shut them down is a game in and of itself :lol

Synless

This is a Rage Engine game? I would advise the 360 version to the gaffer who was asking about which version to go with then. History repeats.....

Sn4ke_911

^ so so good!

Edit: all those amazing gifs should be in the OP.

Shaka

This will be the first special edition I bought in a long time. That really means something.
I finally have money
There is no point in the development of this game where I didn't have faith. Glad to see everyone else is finally on the train. Rockstar knows how to deliver.

Sn4ke_911

Please be a decent port to PC. Please be a decent port to PC. A man can dream :-(

It better be. I don't wanna wait 2 more weeks for nothing... but alle the PC impressions and previews were very positive so far, so i think we shouldn't be too worried about it.

JoeBoy101

Still am annoyed at the changes, but regardless, it looks like it will be a bitchin action game. Buying it on the strength of that and hope I'll be pleasantly surprised with how they treat Max.

Nice OP, BTW!

Good job on the OT, the God of Guns approves:

vwYUs.gif

I'm there day 1 on PS3 (or whenever the game gets from the UK to mainland Europe).

JoeBoy101

May 29th.....are you fucking kidding me!
Fuck this shit i just might go X360 for this one.....but no i must hold out...I must.

PC version should be glorious they must have hyped it up for a reason.....they must be confident in its port-e-ness.

P.S Why are PC version almost always late?

Normally I'd given them shit for this, but there is also something releaseing on the PC on the 15th this month as well. Not sure if you've heard about it. Its a relatively niche title.

Top Bottom