• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

Derrick01

Banned
I'm assuming the PC version isn't steamworks right? Maybe the steam version is but I mean I can't buy a retail copy and put it on steam correct?

Raptomex

Max Payne 3 Collector's edition and Diablo 3 Collector's edition. Max will come first. As does most Rockstar games for me.

maxpayne3-2021-1920sojua.jpg

Breaking Bad, The Game?

Never played 1 or 2. Interested in trying this one.

MDSLKTR

MP fans, should I preorder the collector's edition? My last one was mgs4 and I swore off buying them ever since. But this is Max Payne which is my top 5 games ever... Any other pics of the figurine?

5amshift

Banned
My pre-order is all set and paid for at Best Buy! Picking it up bright and early next week and plan on playing it for a good chunk of the day.

kaskade

1 more motherfucking week. I should finish up Max Payne 2 sometime this week. I never got around to that for some reason but it was on sale the other week on XBL for 10 bucks so I gave it a download.

mudkyp

1 more motherfucking week. I should finish up Max Payne 2 sometime this week. I never got around to that for some reason but it was on sale the other week on XBL for 10 bucks so I gave it a download.

I highly recommend you do that. I just wrapped it up a couple days ago myself for the first time. Really cool game that has aged pretty well.

Definitley wrap that shit up, b.

Has anyone decided what difficulty level they'll be starting out with? And that Free Aim better be turned ON

I highly recommend you do that. I just wrapped it up a couple days ago myself for the first time. Really cool game that has aged pretty well.

That is one of the reasons that I hate LIVE as this game is region locked. Let's see if it becomes available on PSN

tci

From what I can find, there is DX11 in the PC version. That doesn't mean very much though. What features then? Also 3D. Any other info?

I'm assuming the PC version isn't steamworks right? Maybe the steam version is but I mean I can't buy a retail copy and put it on steam correct?

I'm not sure. I do remember someone asking Rockstar if there is going to be steam achievements for the game. The answer was YES.

Definitley wrap that shit up, b.

Has anyone decided what difficulty level they'll be starting out with? And that Free Aim better be turned ON

I am going to be going through first on normal with free aiming. Then will replay on highest difficultly. Later might go back and play through with the aim-assist just to have fun and not really worry about dieing that much.

Simo

Fucking nice! Plus Co-Op is coming for it too so double score. The only thing that could make Arcade mode even more fucktacular is if you're able to record your runs and create your own videos and clips to upload on the Social Club, kind of like Halo and Call of Duty's theater mode.

Also I'm glad you guys are digging the avatars! As for the banner I didn't intend for it to be used in the OT, I just wanted to make a banner using the font Rockstar gave me and it was something to pass the time which is why I also ended up making so many avatars.

Funny thing is that the banner has started cropping up on other forums and OTs like Gametrailers with people thinking Rockstar made it! Not that I mind but I'm flattered.

tci

Found some of the DX11 tidbits. Maybe OP can add?

We’re proud to say that Max Payne 3 will support Direct X 11 features including Tessellation. This means a higher frame rate, greater visual fidelity, precision mouse and keyboard controls, a full suite of customizable visual and control settings, and optional 3D functionality for an even greater sense of immersion.
http://pixelsmashers.com/?p=14519

In short DX11 makes everything better, lol.

Here's the multiplayer spread sheet to enter your PS3/XBL/Steam usertags:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjZX8Rqd0ALddDlQcHd0MnN6X1JLWDB1dTBIdTNNdEE#gid=0

I think we were trying to figure it out in the other thread but who's going to be in charge of the NeoGANG crew? We can form our crew tomorrow and whoever sets it up can make the GAF logo in to the crew emblem.

Added myself to the doc. Feel free to add me wherever, just let me know you're from gaf. I hope multiplayer is as addictive as it looks.

Added as well. If anyone wants to add me to xbox live now feel free to. I will be playing a fair share of multi. I would lead it, but I really don't have the time to organize it all.

UrbanRats

Fucking nice! Plus Co-Op is coming for it too so double score. The only thing that could make Arcade mode even more fucktacular is if you're able to record your runs and create your own videos and clips to upload on the Social Club, kind of like Halo and Call of Duty's theater mode.

Also I'm glad you guys are digging the avatars! As for the banner I didn't intend for it to be used in the OT, I just wanted to make a banner using the font Rockstar gave me and it was something to pass the time which is why I also ended up making so many avatars.

Funny thing is that the banner has started cropping up on other forums and OTs like Gametrailers with people thinking Rockstar made it! Not that I mind but I'm flattered.

Say what?

iNvid02

This has got to be the UGLIEST OT in the history of GAF. Max Payne 3 deserves better than this.

notsureifserious.jpg

did you scroll down lol

looks good, ot's wont be much flashier than this anymore
because of the 1 post rules etc evilore introduced so yeah

Top Bottom