• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May seems like a bloodbath! who is getting buried?

Overwatch is the big question mark for me, its going to be huge on PC, but not sure how that will transfer over to consoles in the short term, in its release month it might be underwhelming and then the PC WOM bleed over into the console space over time, meaning it has decent legs.

Alot will depend on the console betas (they should have had more before now) in may, if the internet comes out raving about it, it could help the month one sales.

Uncharted will sell great, Doom will be okay.

Homefront, mirrors edge and battleborn will bomb.

Everything else is sub AAA or remaster, they'll do okay.

Johndoey

Banned
I mean Overwatch probably won't do nearly as well on consoles as PC but I don't seems anyway it does poorly, Tmnt will get by on being Tmnt.

sense

Overwatch is the big question mark for me, its going to be huge on PC, but not sure how that will transfer over to consoles in the short term, in its release month it might be underwhelming and then the PC WOM bleed over into the console space over time, meaning it has decent legs.

Alot will depend on the console betas (they should have had more before now) in may, if the internet comes out raving about it, it could help the month one sales.

Uncharted will sell great, Doom will be okay.

Homefront, mirrors edge and battleborn will bomb.

Everything else is sub AAA or remaster, they'll do okay.
The more I think about it, I kinda agree that maybe over watch is not going to be as big as I think it will be. I had games like diablo, borderlands, destiny, division in my mind but they all had coop and some sort of sp campaign as well if you wanted it. I guess let's see how people react to the beta I guess

MMaRsu

Banned
I think a lot of console players are actually anxious to get their hands on another great quality Blizzard title

Yeah, hence it is AAA, it's also got an insane budget. Or are you implying gearbox are some small indy studio? o_O

I don't use AAA as a marker for how big the studio is or how much money the Dev has

More on quality of the game itself

Gearbox Imo doesn't make quality software, hence questioning their placement on a list of AAA games

Again just my opinion

I think a lot of console players are actually anxious to get their hands on another great quality Blizzard title

I think the majority of console players don't know who blizzard are, GAF aren't the majority

I think a new IP with a generic name, online only that was kinda of stealth announced for consoles months after its PC reveal, that has never been seen running on a console a month from release is a hard sell to the majority of your gamestop going console players.

Steel

Banned
I don't use AAA as a marker for how big the studio is or how much money the Dev has

More on quality of the game itself

Gearbox Imo doesn't make quality software, hence questioning their placement on a list of AAA games

Again just my opinion

The only time AAA is used in the last decade is for how big the budget/studio making a game is. That's the only qualifier. Even then, Borderlands is considered to be quite good by a large amount of people.

Why would they be ? They aren't historically very big console developers so most of Blizzard fanbase is on PC already.

Diablo 3 did extremely well on consoles, in fairness.

Top Bottom