• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald’s Changing How Its Burgers Are Cooked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mimosa97

I was going to do a lamb roast tonight but I want a big mac now.

image.php

I tried the Steakhouse Sirloin burger for lunch today.

I was surprised at how photogenic the burger is.

Not the healthiest option and it was a little too salty but definitely was filling and the meat is so much better compared to the crappy mini pucks McD's generally serves.

I wish all of the burgers were that size Pattie.

Overall cost $7.36 w/Med Coke, no fries.

It's not false advertisement. That is a Big Mac. It has all the ingredients of a Big Mac, it's just presented in the most flattering way possible. False advertisement would be showing tomatoes on it, as a Big Mac doesn't come with tomatoes.

Check out a cereal ad sometime. The cereal, which has had every individual flake hand-selected, is probably in a bowlful of Elmer's glue. This is considered okay, because they're not advertising milk, but the cereal has to really be what is sold in the box.

aOMwT8d.jpg

How is that not the exact equivalent of padded underwear, which is the example given for "false advertising" in all the major dictionaries. O.k., I made that last bit up ;).

ViciousDS

Banned
I had one of their sirloin burgers for the hell of it last night.....never again ordering a "premium" Burger from McDonald's. Thing was gross, tasteless....I couldn't even taste the cheese it was so fucking bland. Dollar menu seems to be the only thing I would ever stop there for. If there is a Wendy's nearby I would rather get some Jr deluxes for 20cents more

It's not false advertisement. That is a Big Mac. It has all the ingredients of a Big Mac, it's just presented in the most flattering way possible. False advertisement would be showing tomatoes on it, as a Big Mac doesn't come with tomatoes.

Check out a cereal ad sometime. The cereal, which has had every individual flake hand-selected, is probably in a bowlful of Elmer's glue. This is considered okay, because they're not advertising milk, but the cereal has to really be what is sold in the box.

Yeah I remember when I saw a 60 minutes segment on this subject, blew my mind and changed my life.

they can't even get to wendy's level of burgers

Wendy's is amazing in that ever since they redid all of their locations with the whole new look, etc. they consistently put out the most impressive /looking/ fast food in terms of matching the marketing. Yeah, its no perfect but when I pull out a Baconator - its in great condition and looks appetizing as hell.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Daniel B·;165558152 said:
Lol. That ad is a huge fail, to anyone with half a brain, that isn't half asleep or stoned; so to get the "advertisement" shot, they use the exact same ingredients, including quantities, but they carefully place all of the two pickle slices etc, at the front of the burger, and innocently proclaim (indirectly) that this isn't in anyway false advertising. Well, at least the Supreme Court would wholeheartedly agree...

It's the same stuff, just presented in the nicest way possible. Hardly anyone in real life would sacrifice 30 minutes of their time waiting for a burger so that it looks pretty, when it could come out tasting the same in 5 minutes instead. It's called "fast food" for a reason.

But will they still be edible if you leave them sitting there for 6 years? That's the important question here. When the zombies come, I'm holing up in a McDonalds for that very reason.

Not

Banned
but not how its employees are treated

I'm surprised literally no other burger chain swipes the In and Out model. Do they hate unbelievable success and renown? Or is being awesome copyrighted somehow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom