• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McDonald's is opening a burgerless concept.

Mikado

Gold Member

Nor sure if it's a faux starbux or a convenience store or what but what could go wrong?

If you're coffee-slumming anyway, their coffee is arguably better than Tim Horton's.
Being able to go in and get a cup without being subject to the miasma of deep-fried burgerstank would be a bonus I guess.

But don't most people just use the drivethu anyway?

Mistake

McDonalds has the biggest hate/love relationship with branding. If I were them, I'd do what everyone else does and have a new kind of name entirely for their spin off business

Last edited:

tamago84

the profit margin on iced drinks are enough for mcd to pull the trigger. at the end of the day mcd is real estate business. those mcflurry cups remind me of korea's.
1615378570338.png

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
This already exists here. It's a separate store that serves coffee. I thought that was standard all over the world..

Melon Husk

So it's a McCafé rebrand. I don't see the point but I like the name, straight out of Back To The Future II... Do they serve Pepsi Perfect at CosMc?

Last edited:

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
So it's a McCafé rebrand. I don't see the point but I like the name, straight out of Back To The Future II... Do they serve Pepsi Perfect at CosMc?
English isn't my first language at first I was pronouncing it Cos-mcs which doesn't make sense but I guess its pronounced cosmics. I used to pronounce Buc-ees as bussys. No homo, well maybe a little.

Last edited:
With self checkouts, it's surprising to me that these restaurants still have so much business. I can walk into a grocery store and checkout with a premade sandwhich, drink and salad faster and cheaper than these places

LimanimaPT

I really can't understand how can people enjoy mcds burguers. They are TERRIBLE.
The smell alone makes want to puke.
But there's always a big line in every restaurant while Burguer King is empty, and it has decent burguers. I'll never get this...

If you're coffee-slumming anyway, their coffee is arguably better than Tim Horton's.
Being able to go in and get a cup without being subject to the miasma of deep-fried burgerstank would be a bonus I guess.

But don't most people just use the drivethu anyway?

Maybe in the US. Worldwide that's a different story.

But then again we don't use drive through banks or funeral homes either.

Sybrix

Brazil. It's called McCafe. They sell coffee and everything that goes along with it. Bread, pies and stuff. Thought it existed all over the world..

I was in Greece last year and went into a McCafe, was nice.

Sounds like this CosMc's is in the same thing.

Mistake

I've been to a McCafe, and the different coffees were fine. A much cheaper option compared to starbucks sugar

The way it was worded I thought you didn't have funeral homes. Yeah when my grandmother passed I just drove up passed her thru the window. There's got to be a better way.

The attendants have the deceased. You call up with the time you wish to visit. They prepare everything. You arrive and go into a private room. Respects paid. Leave.

Tams

I've been to a McCafe, and the different coffees were fine. A much cheaper option compared to starbucks sugar

Starbucks isn't even really coffee.

Many if their seasonal drinks that people go in for don't even have any coffee in.

thefool

I understand fast food industry. It's fast and affordable (less now).
I don't understand the concept of overpriced beverage stores.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
If that means I can get an Egg McMuffin any time of the day, I’m in. All-day breakfast is the thing Covid killed that I miss the most. Gramma was a close second.

-Minsc-

With self checkouts, it's surprising to me that these restaurants still have so much business. I can walk into a grocery store and checkout with a premade sandwhich, drink and salad faster and cheaper than these places
And healthier.

Speaking of faster, they seem to prioritize the drive through. It's a pain.

Hudo

Seems like the McCafe shops that we have around here. Although overpriced, the coffee is actually not that bad.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Where is here? What do they sell apart from coffee?
Already said, but McD already had this concept called McCafe. From where i am from it isn't a separate store, but its part of the regular chains, existing from the early morning till 12.00.

It has like McMuffin's and all that, with sausage, egg.

Actually i wish they had the McMuffin all day because its one of the few McD items that are geniunely alright. I personally wouldn't want to eat them in the morning but rather in the evening. Yet they only sell till 12.

So i dunno. Its a mixed bag for me.

Top Bottom