• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medabots Classic collection announced for 3DS

MattAces

Medabots-Collection-3DS-Ann-Init_08-28-17.jpg

The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals a Medabots Classic, a collection for 3DS that includes the first five Medabots games, complete with system improvements and evolutions.

That would include:

Medabots (Game Boy, 1997)
Medabots 2 (Game Boy Color, 1999)
Medabots 3 (Game Boy Color, 2000)
Medabots 4 (Game Boy Color, 2001)
Medabots 5: Susutake Mura no Tenkousei (Game Boy Color, 2001)
The collection will be released in Kabuto and Kuwagata versions for 4,800 yen each. A limited edition including a CD and illustration book will also be released for 12,000 yen.

A release date was not announced.

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/medabots-classic-collection-announced-3ds

why no switch :(

ZeroX03

Banned
Look I knew it was going to be Japan only, but at least add JP to the title or call it Medarot. There's no need to give even a sliver of hope.

Stop mentioning the fucking switch, damnit.

It's oldschool gameboy so it has right to be on 3ds. Devs choose their platforms based on numbers, not feelings.
I do hope this comes to the west btw.

Mediking

I remember I had a Medabots game on the Gameboy Advance.

Also remember watching the show as a kid.

Hopefully it hits Switch someday.

Its a shame that Medabots came and went with that anime. The few games that got localized were fun.

I have no doubt the series would never have been in a death spiral if it had a more commited worldwide push. The concept of tiny fighting robots was always cool.

Another game we'll never get

Its a shame that Medabots came and went with that anime. The few games that got localized were fun.

I have no doubt the series would never have been in a death spiral if it had a more commited worldwide push. The concept of tiny fighting robots was always cool.

anime was awesome too. so damn funny.

Mediking

Just like Beyblade. Another really cool show from when I was a kid. Heck, I even had a Beyblade.

Let it rip!!!

ash_ag

So, for a quick rundown on Medabots:
  • Imagineer (publisher of 1-5) has absorbed Rocket Company (publisher of 6-9). I believe the franchise was co-owned by the two, so now it's owned by only one entity.
  • Delta-Arts (developer of 6-9) has been shut-down. It was only partly owned by Rocket Company.
  • Girls' Mission was the latest entry of the IP, something of a sequel the previous spin-off (made by Jupiter) Medarot Dual. Neither Jupiter nor Delta-Arts were involved.
  • Imagineer is supposed to be celebrating the series' 20th anniversary this year. I suppose this is part of that.
I wonder where the series will go to now that there's no developer for the mainline games. Maybe back to Natsume, who developed the original games?

koutoru

Man, I wish this series had taken off more in the west.

I really liked the GBA games and the tv show, but trying to track down all the episodes on dvd is a pain since half the series was only released once on dvd in multiple out of print volumes.

Stop mentioning the fucking switch, damnit.

It's oldschool gameboy so it has right to be on 3ds. Devs choose their platforms based on numbers, not feelings.
I do hope this comes to the west btw.

The only reason I'd want it on the Switch is for an opportunity to import. It's so dumb that the 3DS is region locked.

Anyway, I'm kinda interested in this, hopefully it gets a western release otherwise I'm probably not going to bother.

It should've included the game with the anime girls 😼😼

I played the GBA ones and they were fun, kinda like Pokémon.

Galang

Banned
Hope they tweek the impossible mini games from the gba games. Was pretty good otherwise

Edit: oops nvm that's not even included :(. Still an awesome package

Top Bottom