• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medal of Honor: Warfighter |OT| of Knock Knock, it's Tier 1

Took a screenshot of the graphics options for you pc guys..
ig33RadceujPx.png
nice!

cripterion

Played the MP for a couple of hours. This is more akin to COD than I'd thought. Gameplay feels fast and dying is annoying thanks to the slow mo effect which looked cool at first but starts to get on my nerves now.

Can't say I like the map design so much but probably have to get used to it.

I really hate the UI, everything is written so big, and way too much information, why point out the special ability of each class and the key to use it?
I picked Canadian assault soldier right off the bat and got stuck with a long range weapon with no option to remove the sights on it. Just let me choose the weapon I want to roll with...

Do I regret getting this game? Probably considering I only have one Origin friend and he didn't get it, but the price wasn't too high so I guess it's ok...

BF3 feels a lot better than this, even the graphics are better which is strange considering the scale of the maps in BF3 and in here you run into invisible walls every 2minutes.

And yet it does look good on consoles as well.

Yeah. I'm still pretty impressed by consoles. I played a little Arkham City on PS3 for the first time the other days and was impressed by how good it looked. It's the 30FPS that I hate after having spent the last year playing nothing but PC games.

Eideka

Banned
I thought frostbite always looked terrible on consoles. It just doesn't scale well to just low end machines.

I disagree, while the PC version of BF 3 is head and shoulders above the PS360 versions I have to say they look good by console standards.

I can't remember, is BF 3 sub-HD on PS360 ?

Yeah. I'm still pretty impressed by consoles. I played a little Arkham City on PS3 for the first time the other days and was impressed by how good it looked. It's the 30FPS that I hate after having spent the last year playing nothing but PC games.
The 30fps does not bother me at all. The visual enveloppe is the element that made me a PC gamer anyway.

Regarding Arkham City, yeah I concur it looks very good on PS3. But the PC build has a life of its own.

Stupid question -- if you enable FXAA in the NVIDIA control panel, does it matter if you do inside the game? Is there any difference between the two?

Looking forward to digging into singleplayer tonight...

Interesting but no Korean server. Is the game definitely available on origin in Australia right now?

Whut...?

ProXPN has a free version, but I don't think you can connect to the necessary server in its free version.

...I don't know why I just told you that considering you're looking for a free option.

I get the $10/month premium option. It's installing a patch right now, so I get to play before midnight. :D

Cudder

Played the MP for a couple of hours. This is more akin to COD than I'd thought. Gameplay feels fast and dying is annoying thanks to the slow mo effect which looked cool at first but starts to get on my nerves now.

I really hate the UI, everything is written so big, and way too much information, why point out the special ability of each class and the key to use it?
I picked Canadian assault soldier right off the bat and got stuck with a long range weapon with no option to remove the sights on it. Just let me choose the weapon I want to roll with...

Do I regret getting this game? Probably considering I only have one Origin friend and he didn't get it, but the price wasn't too high so I guess it's ok...

BF3 feels a lot better than this, even the graphics are better which is strange considering the scale of the maps in BF3 and in here you run into invisible walls every 2minutes.

You can't take scopes off of certain weapons? You sure? Are you missing the option to in the UI? The video I saw of the weapon customization was so much more in depth than anything I've seen before in a shooter. Not doubting you, I would just be surprised if you couldn't detach a scope on a weapon.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Well there goes $2. Doesn't work dude, Origin just goes offline...

Really? I used that same VPN to unlock Amalor, Syndicate and BF3 on Origin in the US. Unless something has changed with Origin, it should still work... where are you located?

Cudder

MoH 2010 actually has pretty good graphics, from replaying it yesterday. The night time/dusk/twilight missions look REALLY good, and the game has pretty great image quality.

try this one. limited slots so you have to wait your turn. I just spammed the connect button until I got in. After you unlock put Origin in offline mode and don't quit the app otherwise you'll have to do it all over again.
http://www.flyvpn.com/freetrial

Well there goes $2. Doesn't work dude, Origin just goes offline...

This shit took me by surprise, DC did a pretty awesome job with WF. I absolutely love the gun mechanics/recoil. It's been a while since I played a FPS who's SP I actually enjoyed playing. I highly recommend this one, go get it! We'll see how BlOPs 2 SP compares but I doubt it'll beat it. Can't wait to try out the MP later tonight.

DTKT

Someone needs to punch whoever thought that was a clever idea. You don't have to show me the same kill-cam everytime because I'm going to see it hundreds of times.

Seriously, this is super basic stuff.

Someone needs to punch whoever thought that was a clever idea. You don't have to show me the same kill-cam everytime because I'm going to see it hundreds of times.

Seriously, this is super basic stuff.

I don't see what the big deal is. It shows where you were killed from without too obviously giving away longer range sniping positions, and the slow-mo keeps you from seeing exactly where the shooter is moving toward (I don't like this in BF3).

cripterion

You can't take scopes off of certain weapons? You sure? Are you missing the option to in the UI? The video I saw of the weapon customization was so much more in depth than anything I've seen before in a shooter. Not doubting you, I would just be surprised if you couldn't detach a scope on a weapon.

Going to check once more but for the life of me couldn't remove the sights and couldn't change weapon with the canadian soldier I chose. I am lvl9 by the way.

Going to check once more but for the life of me couldn't remove the sights and couldn't change weapon with the canadian soldier I chose. I am lvl9 by the way.

Like Cudder said the customization in this game is extremely in-depth. I'm sure you can. Perhaps that ability is just unlocked later on.

Lucifon

try this one. limited slots so you have to wait your turn. I just spammed the connect button until I got in. After you unlock put Origin in offline mode and don't quit the app otherwise you'll have to do it all over again.
http://www.flyvpn.com/freetrial

Finally got in! But Origin is saying this game hasn't been unlocked when I try run it. Looks like it's going to load up then another window opens to show the error. Any ideas?

Each soldier has their own unique "kit". I think iron sights are one of the first unlocks. Kinda weird, but MP is very "Soldier" based.

Vitor711

MoH 2010 actually has pretty good graphics, from replaying it yesterday. The night time/dusk/twilight missions look REALLY good, and the game has pretty great image quality.

I really liked what they did with that engine and the performance was fantastic. Was a little disappointed when they switched over to Frostbite because I was curious what they could eek out of that engine given the time.

Dangerclose has no idea what the are doing with this engine. Moh on unreal looked like shit also.

What? MoH looked great maxed out on PC. Not BF3 but definitely had it's moments.

cripterion

Like Cudder said the customization in this game is extremely in-depth. I'm sure you can. Perhaps that ability is just unlocked later on.

I kinda can get the weapon that I want without the long range optics but for that I have to change classes. Yes I guess have to unlock a lot of stuff.

I really liked what they did with that engine and the performance was fantastic. Was a little disappointed when they switched over to Frostbite because I was curious what they could eek out of that engine given the time.

What? MoH looked great maxed out on PC. Not BF3 but definitely had it's moments.

M...maxed out? Last I checked MoH didn't have any advanced graphical settings on PC.

Finally got in! But Origin is saying this game hasn't been unlocked when I try run it. Looks like it's going to load up then another window opens to show the error. Any ideas?

make sure you've quit Origin and it's not running in the background. connect to VPN, select the server, now try launching Origin and it should automatically unlock. make sure to put Origin into offline mode and don't allow it to communicate wtih EA's servers otherwise it'll re-lock, also don't quit Origin otherwise you'll have to do it all over again.

Top Bottom