• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Jan. 11 - 17, 2010

Wow - and all third party titles as well? Natty design too :)

EDIT:

What's the deal with the different "medal" colours - bronze, silver, gold and platinum seem to be there, but it's not obvious (esp. not to someone who can't make head or tail of Japanese!) what they represent.

confuziz

Banned
So the wii is going to have a best of series afterall

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/selection/index.html

Oboromuramasa
Arc Rise Fantasia​
Family Ski World: Ski and Snowboard (We Ski and Snowboard)
One Piece: Unlimited Cruise: Episode 1
Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World)
Dragon Ball Z: Sparking! Meteor (Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3)

25/2 on sale for 2800yen

Did Nintendo ever do this before in Japan with 3rd party titles?

duckroll

Ah, I see how they are ranked.

Platinum = Man, no one bought this game, PLEASE BUY THIS GAME!

Gold = It would be nice if more people bought this game, because it didn't sell great.

Silver = We don't really care about these games, but if people actually bought these, we can say that core games sell on the Wii!

Bronze = People actually bought these games, so they're not that important, but hey if you haven't bought them, buy them now!

Budget releases :

PS3
28/01 - NfS Undercover
04/02 - Lair
18/02 - Skate 2 / Uncharted Twin Pack
25/02 - Demon's Souls
04/03 - Blaz Blue
11/03 - Initial D / Lost Planet Extreme Condition

18/02 - RE5
04/03 - Blaz Blue
11/03 - Dead Rising (reprint) / Dream Club / Halo Wars / Lost Planet Extreme Condition / Otomedius Gorgeous

Wii
25/02 - Deca Sporta 2 / 428 / Arc Rise Fantasia​ / We Ski and Snowboard / One Piece: Unlimited Cruise: Episode 1 / Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World / Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3

onken

428 sold about 50k before dropping out of the top 50 forever, yet it's apparently a "platinum best".

There really should be some sort of law against this shit.

Vinnk

As I said in the other thread, I am surprised SW3 is still in the top 30 all these weeks later. But I was told it is still a bomba. There haven't been price drops in my city yet and it appears to have gotten a second shipment. I know it has not lived up to the first two but has it really been a failure?

I don't know, maybe my expectations were just criminally low but it seems to have done a lot better than most of us expected. I wonder what Koei thought it would sell...

duckroll

Vinnk said:
As I said in the other thread, I am surprised SW3 is still in the top 30 all these weeks later. But I was told it is still a bomba. There haven't been price drops in my city yet and it appears to have gotten a second shipment. I know it has not lived up to the first two but has it really been a failure?

I don't know, maybe my expectations were just criminally low but it seems to have done a lot better than most of us expected. I wonder what Koei thought it would sell...

I highly doubt it's a financial failure, but it is also in no way a success in terms of any possible long term objective for Koei. Making it a Wii exclusive certainly did not bring it huge sales from a larger userbase. It could have been released on the PSP or PS3 and gotten similar or better sales judging from how other Musou games do these days. It would not have been particularly cheaper to make the game on the Wii either, since Koei already has dev kits for all other systems and pump out ports, expansions and sequels really quickly regardless of system.

When ToV and SO4 can sell 200k on a system like the Xbox360 in Japan, and we have titles like SM3 and ToG doing about the same amount on the Wii, it is clearly indicative of a problem on the Wii userbase, and this is something that cannot be ignored. It just cannot be considered a successful release either way you look at it. Monster Hunter 3 is an example of a successful release on the Wii. Even if the initial shipment showed that retailers and Capcom expected MORE from it, it still did very well and sold more than the previous console release on the PS2. Monster Hunter G also sold well for an old port of the first game. Dragon Quest Swords definitely sold well for Square Enix, especially since it was just an action spinoff.

There are many ways of looking at how successful a product is on the market, and it's not always about selling "more" than another game or selling better than what a bunch of us on a forum expected. I don't think there is any way we can spin that SM3 is a successful return for the SM franchise, nor can we say it was a particularly successful Musou release on the Wii.

onken

Vinnk said:

Well for what it's worth 27th place is probably something about 2-3k sales. Also a second shipment doesn't necessarily mean it's a huge hit, but that it's sold in line or better than retailers' predictions.

Having said that, it's currently sold about 240k by my reckoning, with the last SW2 expansion pack about 305k. You can interpret that however you like, though I certainly wouldn't call it a failure.

duckroll

I think what is more important for Koei, is to release SM3 on PSP, PS3 and 360 by the end of 2010. If it sells like how all other Musou entries sell recently, it should do 150-200k on PSP, 200-300k on PS3, and 10k on 360. If they release it on the PS2, it might even outsell all the other versions. :lol

farnham

Banned
well the Koei put out so many musou games that they can give sengoku to the wii as an exclusive and make hokuto no musou, gundam musou, orochi musou (which is basically sengoku + sangoku musou), musou multiraid and sangoku musou for 360,psp and PS3

maybe theyll add wii on the multiplat list as well

Hang in there, Spirit Tracks!

I really like the "Best" thing Nintendo has going on. It's a good way of highlighting QUALITY on the system, even if it went ignored the first time. Who knows, if enough people take on them now that they've gone platinum, as it were, perhaps it'll mean the IPs will garner enough of a fanbase for sequels to sell better than the originals.

It's a good idea on paper. Here's hoping it takes.

duckroll

farnham said:
well the Koei put out so many musou games that they can give sengoku to the wii as an exclusive and make hokuto no musou, gundam musou, orochi musou (which is basically sengoku + sangoku musou), musou multiraid and sangoku musou for 360,psp and PS3

maybe theyll add wii on the multiplat list as well

If you honestly think that SM3 is going to stay exclusive... :lol

semiregular

Neo Member
Cosmonaut X said:
What's the deal with the different "medal" colours - bronze, silver, gold and platinum seem to be there, but it's not obvious (esp. not to someone who can't make head or tail of Japanese!) what they represent.

Those are voted by players on the Minna no Nintendo Channel. I personally don't find those to be very accurate, usually games gear towards a more 'core' audience will have better ratings... SMG only has gold (or silver, I have to check it again) while ToG has platinum for pete's sake.

duckroll said:
Ah, I see how they are ranked.
Platinum = Man, no one bought this game, PLEASE BUY THIS GAME!
Gold = It would be nice if more people bought this game, because it didn't sell great.
Silver = We don't really care about these games, but if people actually bought these, we can say that core games sell on the Wii!
Bronze = People actually bought these games, so they're not that important, but hey if you haven't bought them, buy them now!

This description fits so well it's very believable lol

linsivvi

Clear said:
Damn, how far have Tekken's fortunes fallen? It doesn't seem so long ago that it was the premier 3d fighting game, now... 100k on PS3 isn't horrible but its not great either, but 25k opening on PSP is grim.

It's been consistently the number 1 game in Japan's Arcadia magazine ranking, so I'd say it's THE premier fighting game, but people just prefer to play the game in arcade instead.

duckroll

Here's a look at the final sales for the first release of each Musou game in the last few years:

Musou Orochi (PS2) - 2007 - 649k
Gundam Musou (PS3) - 2007 - 312k
Shin Sangoku Musou 5 (PS3) - 2007 - 371k
Musou Orochi: Maou Sairin (PS2) - 2008 - 411k
Gundam Musou 2 (PS3) - 2008 - 313k
Shin Sangoku Musou: Multi Raid (PSP) - 2009 - 383k
Shin Sangoku Musou 5 Empires (PS3) - 2009 - 146k
Sengoku Musou 3 (Wii) - 2009 - ~240k (current)

So like I was saying, it's certainly not a failure, but it's performing below par for what is expected for a new Musou title, even if we ignore the larger userbase, or the higher sales of the previous entry.

[Nintex]

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Hang in there, Spirit Tracks!

I really like the "Best" thing Nintendo has going on. It's a good way of highlighting QUALITY on the system, even if it went ignored the first time. Who knows, if enough people take on them now that they've gone platinum, as it were, perhaps it'll mean the IPs will garner enough of a fanbase for sequels to sell better than the originals.

It's a good idea on paper. Here's hoping it takes.
I'm not sure if this is a good idea. Nintendo should focus on new titles instead of old games. Not to mention that I can't see Tales of Symphonia 2, Dragonball Z Sparking Meteor or Arc Rise Fantasia selling better because of this initiative. After all, outside of Mario Power Tennis the New Play Control line-up wasn't that succesful.

Ah well, I guess we'll have to wait for the next Nintendo Dream if we want to see something new or at least more information on Mario, Metroid and Zelda.

[Nintex] said:
I'm not sure if this is a good idea. Nintendo should focus on new titles instead of old games. Not to mention that I can't see Tales of Symphonia 2, Dragonball Z Sparking Meteor or Arc Rise Fantasia selling better because of this initiative. After all, outside of Mario Power Tennis the New Play Control line-up wasn't that succesful.

Ah well, I guess we'll have to wait for the next Nintendo Dream if we want to see something new or at least more information on Mario, Metroid and Zelda.
It's not just about generating revenue, I shouldn't think, but about building up brand equity for these third parties on the Nintendo system. Even if it doesn't generate the fabulous profits Nintendo have come to expect from their own games, it means that:

a) Quality third party games are visible and noticed on the platform
b) New IPs get to reach more people
c) These games have a chance to make fans out of kids and bargain hunters - they and the people they spread word-of-mouth to will be the DAY ONE people next time around

It's also a very subtle way for Nintendo to reward quality content providers on their platform.

Like I said - it's a good idea on paper. Hopefully it sticks.

duckroll said:
So like I was saying, it's certainly not a failure, but it's performing below par for what is expected for a new Musou title, even if we ignore the larger userbase, or the higher sales of the previous entry.

Do you not think there's some worth in the argument that these other systems have built a stronger audience for this particular series through regular releases of new titles, whereas this is only the Wii's second Musou title in three years, following on from the awful (and gameplay-changing) Katana?

Or do you think that that is a non-factor?

cvxfreak

I don't think Marvel superheroes are that big in Japan, with the exception of Spiderman. Even Dark Knight didn't do all that well here. No surprise on Batman Arkham Asylum's low sales.

Vinnk

duckroll said:
I highly doubt it's a financial failure, but it is also in no way a success in terms of any possible long term objective for Koei. Making it a Wii exclusive certainly did not bring it huge sales from a larger userbase. It could have been released on the PSP or PS3 and gotten similar or better sales judging from how other Musou games do these days. It would not have been particularly cheaper to make the game on the Wii either, since Koei already has dev kits for all other systems and pump out ports, expansions and sequels really quickly regardless of system.

When ToV and SO4 can sell 200k on a system like the Xbox360 in Japan, and we have titles like SM3 and ToG doing about the same amount on the Wii, it is clearly indicative of a problem on the Wii userbase, and this is something that cannot be ignored. It just cannot be considered a successful release either way you look at it. Monster Hunter 3 is an example of a successful release on the Wii. Even if the initial shipment showed that retailers and Capcom expected MORE from it, it still did very well and sold more than the previous console release on the PS2. Monster Hunter G also sold well for an old port of the first game. Dragon Quest Swords definitely sold well for Square Enix, especially since it was just an action spinoff.

There are many ways of looking at how successful a product is on the market, and it's not always about selling "more" than another game or selling better than what a bunch of us on a forum expected. I don't think there is any way we can spin that SM3 is a successful return for the SM franchise, nor can we say it was a particularly successful Musou release on the Wii.

That makes a lot of sense. Of course it will not stay a Wii exclusive. I don't think Koei would make any game exclusive. But with the probable Nintendo financial help, yeah I am sure it's been profitable and will be more so after the ports.

But yeah, I totally see your point. I think it is just the fact that after bombs like, Graces, Little Kings Story, FFCC:TCBBQ, etc. It seems like a mega-hit by comparison.

Varjet

cvxfreak said:
I don't think Marvel superheroes are that big in Japan, with the exception of Spiderman. Even Dark Knight didn't do all that well here. No surprise on Batman Arkham Asylum's low sales.
But Batman isn't a Marvel character D:

Reading andriasang blog, it doesn't really seem like a normal budget line but a special line for award-winning titles.
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/01/21/nintendo_budget_lineup/
The Everyone's Recommendation Selection lineup is a bit different from Sony and Microsoft's lineups, though. Nintendo will be including only those titles that scored a bronze, silver, gold, or platinum user rating on the Everyone's Nintendo Channel on Wii. This presumably means that only quality games will make the cut.
It makes it sound like a one-time-only or special-time-only, and not something you can count on happening usually to most titles that behave decently at retail, or that have a similar game coming soon and want to build some extra audience at a budget price, or that word of mouth is very good and don't want used sales to hit them very hard.

Personally, I think the space for the actual game boxart is too small, even if the branding certainly looks better than Sony/Microsoft one. Then again, those do look cheap, Nintendo one seems like a luxurious release for recognition purposes rather than a cheap alternative to an used copy.

cvxfreak said:

I've heard that most people over there aren't comfortable with "dark" superheroes. Still being outsold by Operation Flashpoint of all things kinda irks me. A quality game like Batman pushed by Square Enix should overcome cultural barriers. >:[

semiregular

Neo Member
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Personally, I think the space for the actual game boxart is too small, even if the branding certainly looks better than Sony/Microsoft one. Then again, those do look cheap, Nintendo one seems like a luxurious release for recognition purposes rather than a cheap alternative to an used copy.

The boxart you see on the website is a paper sleeve on the outside. The actually boxart is exactly the same as the original release.

http://www.mmv.co.jp/special/game/wii/arcrise/
(MMV's website for the budget release of Arc Rise Fantasia)

Vinnk

I don't know if it will work, but I think the "hits" series is a good idea. Quality games at impulse prices. Some of those games like ARF and 428 are getting harder to find these days and often sell for more than this 2800yen price. If they promote it well (the BIG "if") I could see it as a great thing for all the new Wii users who jumped in during MH3 or NSMBWii. But it will probably come out with no fanfare and only slightly increase those games LTD (combined) numbers.

duckroll

Cosmonaut X said:
Do you not think there's some worth in the argument that these other systems have built a stronger audience for this particular series through regular releases of new titles, whereas this is only the Wii's second Musou title in three years, following on from the awful (and gameplay-changing) Katana?

Or do you think that that is a non-factor?

Oh it's certainly a factor. I don't believe for a moment that core games are not selling on the Wii because of some mystic vague "kiddie" factor. Let's face it, a console is a console. It's a piece of metal and plastic you buy to plug into your TV to play games on. The perception that the Wii is not for core gamers, which ultimately limits the releases it gets and in turn that hurts the sales of the releases it does get because there is no core gamer pool, is something which is determined by the software and not the hardware.

But that can't possibly be the only factor right? It's not like the PS3 had shitty sales for new Musou titles, and then sort of "built up" that audience over a few releases. It had it right out of the gate with Gundam Musou. It's not like the PS2 had to "bulid up" any audience either since Capcom's action games sold a ton right off the bat. So why then is the Wii unable to capture this audience as successfully?

I think the answer is a combination of several factors. First and foremost, the Wii still lives in the shadow of the Gamecube and the N64. It might be the market leader now, and Nintendo games are selling many millions, but still it is not a system core gamers take seriously. Many of the known franchises have released entries on other systems, and largely you can see that the core games are just simply not on the Wii. They might be trying to be on the Wii now, but it's a little too late.

A gamer who actually has a serious hobby of gaming, and is willing to spend 60 bucks or more on a game and buy more than 10 games a year, is not going to be swayed by the Wii's lower price or greater market penetration if the games he wants are on another system. He will simply get that system, and buy games on that, even if he also has a Wii.

For an action game fan who is 18-35 for example, it is unlikely that there are many games on the Wii which are very attractive, as compared to a PS3. It is possible he will not buy a Wii at all, but yet has a PS3. This demographic does not reflect the majority in the market now, which is why Nintendo is the market leader. But this demographic does reflect the sales of software targeted at this demographic.

So what I'm basically saying, is that it is not that a particular series requires constant releases to build a fanbase on the platform, but instead that the platform needs to attract fans of the genre in general. If the Wii has had a constant supply of 3D action games the begin with, I'm sure it would have done better. Same with JRPGs. Just look at Monster Hunter. It sold fine on the Wii because outside of the PSP, the genre does not really exist on any home consoles this generation yet. So when a big title of that genre comes along, fans will buy it. It's a bit late in the life cycle for publishers to try to attract core fans of certain genres to the Wii I'm afraid, and if they wanted to maximize user base + genre appeal they should have done it 2 years ago.

gogogow

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
It's too small and Nintendo is using the boxart in boxart style (double "Wii" strip), which is really ugly. And the huge 2,800 yen on the front cover makes things even worse than it already is.
The ones from Sony are ugly only because the strip is yellow and the ones from MS are pretty good (on a worldwide basis).

51Xh2gDACGL.jpg

Does anybody know if they are going to have a Super Robot Wars for the ps3??? Those games are usually huge in Japan. Need my mecha anime gaming fix.

Shadow780

Garl_Vinland said:
Does anybody know if they are going to have a Super Robot Wars for the ps3??? Those games are usually huge in Japan. Need my mecha anime gaming fix.

I wish man, HD SRW <3

portable seems more likely

Shadow780 said:
I wish man, HD SRW <3

portable seems more likely

awww =\ i was hoping with the remake of Evangelion there'll be a high demand for super robot wars. so there's no plans at all??? the only thing giving me my anime fix is dynasty warriors gundam 2 :(

ElFly

cvxfreak said:

But Batman is DC! Totally different!

Shadow780

Garl_Vinland said:
awww =\ i was hoping with the remake of Evangelion there'll be a high demand for super robot wars. so there's no plans at all??? the only thing giving me my anime fix is dynasty warriors gundam 2 :(

well there's this, a port, from 3 years ago.

Shadow780 said:
well there's this, a port, from 3 years ago.

only have ps3... well im waiting for that uber high-definition super robot wars that includes all the gundam's, rah xephon, escaflowne and evangelion mechas. sigh. at this point i'm even willing to import the japanese version if they even make a new one.

linsivvi

Garl_Vinland said:
holy shak, i didn't know Initial D was coming for the PS3 :D Import time....

It was released a long time ago. This is just a budget re-release. The game is shit and can't compare to the arcade version or other PS3 racers. So don't bother.

Agnates

Banned
semiregular said:
So the wii is going to have a best of series afterall

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/selection/index.html

Oboromuramasa
Arc Rise Fantasia&#8203;
Family Ski World: Ski and Snowboard (We Ski and Snowboard)
One Piece: Unlimited Cruise: Episode 1
Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratatosk (Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World)
Dragon Ball Z: Sparking! Meteor (Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3)

25/2 on sale for 2800yen
Wow, flashy covers. Muramasa and Arc Rise Fantasia already part of that?! What are the criteria? Surely not sales? Quality then? But some of the other choices are questionable. Man. O well this is cool if they bring it in other regions :D

linsivvi said:
It was released a long time ago. This is just a budget re-release. The game is shit and can't compare to the arcade version or other PS3 racers. So don't bother.

Do you know how's it compared to Initial D Arcade Stage on the PS2? I'm a huge initial d anime fan so i can tolerate a little shittiness lol.

duckroll said:

Good points.

I guess my argument/explanation for the relatively weak sales of series like Sengoku Musou, Tales etc. could more accurately be expressed in your terms and I don't really see anything there I would disagree with.

I think the only thing Nintendo can do now is carry on heavily supporting the bigger titles that do come out (Monster Hunter 3, Sengoku Musou 3, Tales of Graces), put more effort into promoting the smaller titles (the Best releases mentioned above are a step in the right direction), keep up a stream of "core" releases of their own and push like hell to get third parties on board earlier for next gen.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
(Global sales derail)

I have no idea what thread I was reading where the consensus was that Spirit Tracks global sales numbers were disappointing, but I'll have to go ahead and disagree in here.

From what we know about Spirit Tracks, it's -100k versus Phantom Hourglass in Japan in the same timeframe from release. On the other hand, it's +250k versus Phantom Hourglass in the US (PH debuted at #5, 262k, Oct 07; ST debuted at #11, ~600k, Dec 10)--true some of this is December inflation, but PH only did 227k in November, <600k in December, and ~1.5 million lifetime in the US (CAG leak)... so I think even taking into account a December launch versus an October launch, Spirit Tracks is well positioned to match or beat PH in the US.

This for a game that should have been much cheaper than Phantom Hourglass to make (shorter development turnaround time, and a huge chunk of the team was working on Zelda Wii, so presumably team size was smaller) and is the second installment of a franchise on a platform.

Also, while PH was advertised with "OH MY GOD THE FIRST TOUCH CONTROLLED ZELDA", ST was barely advertised at all, the TV commercial is confusing and reminds me of the absolute nadir of Nintendo advertising, and the selling point was "Play as two characters, sort of"... so I feel like ST ought to have sold worse. I'd also note that if you want to take the hardcore gamer angle, ST obviously didn't have much credibility going into launch. A lot of people everywhere on the internet seemed to feel like it was a warmed over pseudo-sequel.

So reflecting on all of this, I see ST as a pretty big success so far globally.

linsivvi

Garl_Vinland said:
Do you know how's it compared to Initial D Arcade Stage on the PS2? I'm a huge initial d anime fan so i can tolerate a little shittiness lol.

I have no idea. The Famitsu review score (6776) and all the bad impressions from people who bought the game kept me away from it. But then if you have no access to the arcade version, this might be your only option, especially since it's now a budget title.

For the record I could not stand the PS2 version with it's long loading, which seems to plague lots of Sega games even till this day (Bayonetta....).

Edit: This is an import review from way back.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
gogogow said:
The ones from Sony are ugly only because the strip is yellow and the ones from MS are pretty good (on a worldwide basis).

51Xh2gDACGL.jpg

The current MS US Platinum Hits box arts are much nicer.

Agnates said:
Wow, flashy covers. Muramasa and Arc Rise Fantasia already part of that?! What are the criteria? Surely not sales? Quality then? But some of the other choices are questionable. Man. O well this is cool if they bring it in other regions :D

As mentioned above, this is the result of votes in the Nintendo Channel for something, and the highest votes (seemingly only for older 3rd Party games as someone said Graces is Platinum and Galaxy is Gold), gets into this new budget line. It specifically seems to be the case of fans speaking out saying "I want this game if it's cheap", bam!

Really good choices for the first batch, specifically Muramasa, Arc Rise, and Symphonia 2 (it's fun to me damn it).

Perhaps Little King's Story is too new and that's why it's not in?

linsivvi said:
I have no idea. The Famitsu review score (6776) and all the bad impressions from people who bought the game kept me away from it. But then if you have no access to the arcade version, this might be your only option, especially since it's now a budget title.

For the record I could not stand the PS2 version with it's long loading, which seems to plague lots of Sega games even till this day (Bayonetta....).

Edit: This is an import review from way back.

thanks for the info. yeah, i just want some Takumi drifting action haha. thank god for the region free ps3. yeah the ps3 bayonetta has massive loading problems. i dont really care too much about the low review scores if its a setting i like. i enjoyed DW gundam 2 (which got trashed in reviews) because of its anime setting even tho the gameplay wasn't all that great.

Shadow780

Garl_Vinland said:
only have ps3... well im waiting for that uber high-definition super robot wars that includes all the gundam's, rah xephon, escaflowne and evangelion mechas. sigh. at this point i'm even willing to import the japanese version if they even make a new one.
I'm pretty sure it won't be released outside of Japan unless it's OG3 because of the licensing mess.

C-Jo

Stumpokapow said:
I'd also note that if you want to take the hardcore gamer angle, ST obviously didn't have much credibility going into launch. A lot of people everywhere on the internet seemed to feel like it was a warmed over pseudo-sequel.

So reflecting on all of this, I see ST as a pretty big success so far globally.

I would have to agree. I'm obviously speaking anecdotally here, but a lot of people seemed down on ST pre-launch due to the somewhat tempered reception PH received. All things considered, I'm pretty impressed with ST's numbers thus far, both in Japan and North America.

farnham

Banned
Hero of Legend said:
I just realized that the budget line must've been from Nintendo's retail meeting, almost forgot about that.
the retail meeting was canceled.. but it probably would have been at that meeting

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
RE: SW3- You certainly can't call it a success, but I don't think you can call it a failure either- right now its at about 240K and has showed a bit better legs than the most recent entries and if it has comparable off chart growth to what the Musou games usually do it could break 300K and compare pretty favorably with the Gundam Musou PS3 games, which I thought was the most reasonable comparison to make from the start.

I don't think this is a game that Wii fans can trumpet along side Monster Hunter 3 or anything, but I also don't think its a game to put along side the Maaaavelous bombs and Graces.

Fair?

Top Bottom