• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: June 8-14, 2009

test_account

XP-39C²
Spiegel said:
Officially?
No

Is a slim PS3 coming?
Yes

http://i43.tinypic.com/ap74eh.jpg
Ah, i havnt seen that PS3 Slim box before, cool :) I wonder when the PS3 slim comes out (if that picture shows the real box of the PS3 Slim).

Spiegel said:
Sales for the Wii were in the 13-14k range (Famitsu, M-C has both Wii and PS3 higher) so I'm betting that this little bump is caused by one game that will be released tomorrow.

http://ui05.gamespot.com/1028/wiisportsresort_2.jpg

Not having the game bundled with the console will cause that the hardware bump will be more spread between weeks before and after its release.
Wii Sports Resort is out tomorrow? I forgot about that. I think it should be interesting to see how well it sells, and also on how it sells compared to Wii Sports :)

markatisu said:
It will sell out of its 1st shipment eventually :lol
Ye, i think that Deca Sports 2 can manage to sell out it's 1st shipment indeed as you say :) How much does this game cost now by the way? I think it had a price drop some time. But even so, i think that Deca Sports 2 shows some good legs :)

schuelma said:
Huh Wii hardware went up a bit on Famitsu.
It might be because that Wii Sports Resort is comming out tomorrow, as Spiegel mentioned :)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
test_account said:
It might be because that Wii Sports Resort is comming out tomorrow, as Spiegel mentioned :)

True. More specifically, maybe general awareness of the Wii is up because of the WSR ads. Hardware bump should be interesting. I'm thinking 30-40K but it stays pretty steady for a few weeks.

test_account

XP-39C²
schuelma said:
True. More specifically, maybe general awareness of the Wii is up because of the WSR ads. Hardware bump should be interesting. I'm thinking 30-40K but it stays pretty steady for a few weeks.
Ye, maybe the Wii Sports Resorts add have caused general awareness of the Wii indeed as you say :) 30-40k hardware sales for the Wii for some weeks seems possible i think. I think it should be interesting to see how much the Wii hardware sales will go up in the next couple of weeks :)

Hero of Legend said:
It's a bit odd that WSR isn't going to be bundled with the Wii at all. But MH3 deserved that far more. :)
Ye, i think that this is a good point. Wii Sports sold very good without being included in a Wii bundle though, but i wonder why Nintendo didnt make some Wii Sports Resort bundle, even if there is "only" like 100k bundles that were going to made or so.

The only reasons i can think of why Nintendo isnt making a Wii Sport Resort Wii bundle is that they might think that WSR will sell very good even without a bundle, and that the Wii hardware sales will also increase even without a WSR hardware bundle, so they dont want to use resources (i guess that a special bundle box would be made or so) on making a bundle. Or that if Nintendo makes a WSR bundle, the price for this bundle might be higher compared to a non-bundled Wii, because that a game (WSR) is included. Maybe Nintendo doesnt want to increase the price on the Wii like this, even if a game is included.
There is a Monster Hunter 3 bundle comming though, so i dont know if this is a plausible reason for why Nintendo havnt announced any WSR hardware bundle. MH3 is a 3rd party game though, but i dont know if this changes much in this case regarding making a Wii hardware bundle or not, but unfortunately i dont know :\

EDIT: I added some text.

Spiegel

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Thread resurrect?

Seems SCEJ doesn't like latest PSP hardware numbers but at the same time it doesn't want to do two new colors so...

19800Y PSP in red and blue get 3140Y MHP2G (so 22940Y separately), both together at 21000Y on the 23rd of July

Most appealing piece of software for the system sure, new colors didn't work out this year sure and there isn't even a 500k game in sight sure... still quite disappointing to bundle a 16 months old game which has already sold more than 3m rather than giving some new titles a better chance. Such a coincidence its right between DQIX and MH3 too, hmm.

If my interpretation of the google translation is not wrong (heh), Sinobi is saying that this will be a limited edition of 50k bundles.

Busaiku

Tomodachi Collection has amazing legs.
I think Nintendo and retailers really underestimated demand.

Going by Sinobi's numbers, the first day shipment was only 76k, and it had sold half of that.
It went on to sell that full shipment, and probably a good percentage of its next one!

I wonder if this will be the next Animal Crossing.

This has to be Infinite Space (or Evangelion Jo PSP). Still quite bad that Sega couldn't restock it in less than 10 days. Just look at #1 this week getting a 2nd shipment before the week ended. Reading sinobi, he says its due in this weekend after disappearing from the market. Sounds like #12 may not be Infinite Space :/

24. [PS3] Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, PlayStation 3 the Best (Konami) - 3,700 / NEW
Heh, less than what the Valkyria re-release did. Btw, I wonder how is it doing, its been a few weeks without seeing it, the anime series is at about half its way too.

Spiegel said:
If my interpretation of the google translation is not wrong (heh), Sinobi is saying that this will be a limited edition of 50k bundles.
Yup.

duckroll

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
This has to be Infinite Space (or Evangelion Jo PSP). Still quite bad that Sega couldn't restock it in less than 10 days. Just look at #1 this week getting a 2nd shipment before the week ended. Reading sinobi, he says its due in this weekend after disappearing from the market. Sounds like #12 may not be Infinite Space :/

I doubt #12 is Infinite Space, the game is literally SOLD OUT in stores in Japan. We're looking at EO1 level shortage here. There's a notice on the official site saying the shipment is all sold out and that they'll restock asap. Since the notice is still there, they probably aren't restocked yet.

Minsc

Gold Member
Busaiku said:

Going by Sinobi's numbers, the first day shipment was only 76k, and it had sold half of that.
It went on to sell that full shipment, and probably a good percentage of its next one!

I hope it is. I'll forever be bitter at the lack of effort put in to AC:CF. 4 or 5 years after the GCN release, and it's just about the same exact thing. Might as well have been one of those classic releases.

I hope Tomodachi Collection sells 4M+ and goes on to become more popular than CF, or at least put a serious dent in to the AC crowd causing a little more competition, though it will probably never happen.

d+pad

Busaiku said:

I'd love to hear some impressions on this game. It seems a bit like The Sims mixed with some AC.

Also, it'll be interesting to see if this is localized for other markets (NA and EU, esp.). Seems like the type of game that Nintendo would want to release everywhere, but you never know with them...

Top Bottom