• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 2, 2017 (Jan 09 - Jan 15)

Pooya

What they've made has a very narrow appeal. I'm not sure how they expect that, just calling it 7 won't make it a big seller.

The game's marketing has done nothing but amplifying that niche too, it's been awful. Most people don't like really scary things... The truth is RE was never really scary.

Nintendo will be releasing a new portable this year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3tYZUblBmM

What they've made has a very narrow appeal. I'm not sure how they expect that, just calling it 7 won't make it a big seller.

The game's marketing has done nothing but amplifying that niche too, it's been awful. Most people don't like really scary things... The truth is RE was never really scary.
This is true. Japanese horror isn't actually scary.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius

Every 3 entries RE changes. If it makes it for another 2 entries with what Capcom has turned it to get ready for something new in RE10.

Hellraider

RE7 doesn't suffer of a narrow appeal. The complete opposite actually. The audience it is now targeting is bigger than ever. First Person Horror games these past few years have gotten ridiculously popular. They are also capable to deliver a competent game this way that needs a fraction of the budget a RE6 sequel would need.

RE7's bet is whether it will manage to appeal enough to these horror fans without throwing away too many third person Resident Evil fans (and by third person I include whatever things we are used to expect by it like Co-Op). Marketing has also been extremely risky, and we need one more day to see what its critical reception is gonna be like. It's a risk, but there is a solid reasoning behind it.

Alrus

RE7 doesn't suffer of a narrow appeal. The complete opposite actually. The audience it is now targeting is bigger than ever. First Person Horror games these past few years have gotten ridiculously popular. They are also capable to deliver a competent game this way that needs a fraction of the budget a RE6 sequel would need.

What first person horror game has sold 6-7 million units? Because that's the audience RE had before. "Bigger than ever" is completely false.

Jigorath

Banned
RE7 probably cost a lot less to make than RE6. That game was by far Capcom's biggest production ever. I'm sure they scaled down for RE7.

The large budget games are going to need worldwide sales to recoup the large costs of HD development. This wont be exclusive to just Resident Evil, Metal Gear, Dark Souls, or Final Fantasy.

What other large budget games are coming from Japan outside of those franchises?

Datschge

Do people even want party games in 2017 ? Whole casual genre suffered big reduction in sales during 3ds/Wii U era.
Doesn't matter. If you got Switch with 1 2 Switch and want to boast about/showcase it at some party, you now can thanks to the tabletop mode (wasn't possible with the Wii, wasn't possible with any single handheld outside oddities like Lynx and WonderSwan). And 1 2 Switch is just the most obvious candidate, any game with local multiplayer will also be suitable. Potential for Wii style word of mouth is huge there.

RE7 probably cost a lot less to make than RE6. That game was by far Capcom's biggest production ever. I'm sure they scaled down for RE7.

What other large budget games are coming from Japan outside of those franchises?

Any game with HD assets is going to be expensive.

Ōkami

[PS1] Resident Evil - 148.904 / 1.194.779

[PS2] Resident Evil 2 - 1.389.733 / 2.154.975

[PS3] Resident Evil 3: Nemesis - 1.005.020 / 1.383.282

[PS3] Resident Evil 5 - 321.670 / 520.564

[PS3] Resident Evil 6 - 643.802 / 837.774

7 will be the series worst debut on PlayStation platforms, out of the games that launch first on the system, it's rather funny as it'll likely open on par with the PS2 version of Resident Evil 4.

Comparing it to other

[DC] Resident Evil Code: Veronica - 306.778 / 403.962

[NGC] Resident Evil - 119.019 / 267.470

[NGC] Resident Evil 0 - 190.394 / 400.750

[NGC] Resident Evil 4 - 145.533 / 220.799

As total mainline entries go it should be between Resident Evil 0 and Code: Veronica.

Legs are to be seen but it seems like in the end 7 will end up selling about as much as Code: Veronica X on the PS2 and Operation: Raccoon City, even when comparing it to spin offs its unlikely it'll outsell the first Outbreak game.

Hellraider

What first person horror game has sold 6-7 million units? Because that's the audience RE had before. "Bigger than ever" is completely false.

Well, sure, if you completely misunderstand what I'm saying my quotes are gonna sound false. :p

First of all RE7 expectations are 4m, not 6, neither 7 million. In addition it has a far lower development cost compared to RE6. You really shouldn't underestimate what kind of budget you need to make a 7 million seller, and especially when we are talking with a company that can barely handle its lower risk franchises nowadays. Being a Japanese company and everything that comes behind it doesn't help, either. The clusterfuck that obviously was the development of RE6 must have also played its part.

Capcom isn't anymore in the market for a 7m seller. It would be extremely risky to try and make a RE6 sequel with the equivalent expectations and costs. Instead they are going for a reimagining where they are trying a tap a fresh and eager to spend new audience that although much smaller than their pre existing one, it has the potential for better profit margins because of the vastly lower development budget the game has.

It's not that I agree or disagree with Capcom, I'm just explaining that there is a rock solid reasoning behind it and if they manage to nail everything surrounding it , they could be unto something.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius

If it's targeting a bigger audience we should expect bigger sales then and I don't see that

RE6 original forecast for the quarter was 7m and they missed it by alot, RE7 forecast is 4m. They have already lowered expectations even if they hit the target.

Orgen

Well, sure, if you completely misunderstand what I'm saying my quotes are gonna sound false. :p

First of all RE7 expectations are 4m, not 6, neither 7 million. In addition it has a far lower development cost compared to RE6. You really shouldn't underestimate what kind of budget you need to make a 7 million seller, and especially when we are talking with a company that can barely handle its lower risk franchises nowadays. Being a Japanese company and everything that comes behind it doesn't help, either. The clusterfuck that obviously was the development of RE6 must have also played its part.

Capcom isn't anymore in the market for a 7m seller. It would be extremely risky to try and make a RE6 sequel with the equivalent expectations and costs. Instead they are going for a reimagining where they are trying a tap a fresh and eager to spend new audience that although much smaller than their pre existing one, it has the potential for better profit margins because of the vastly lower development budget the game has.

It's not that I agree or disagree with Capcom, I'm just explaining that there is a rock solid reasoning behind it and if they manage to nail everything surrounding it , they could be unto something.

They expect 4 million for this quarter (ending 31st of March) not LTD... besides, there's no horror First Person game that got such numbers or even close.

Hellraider

Ah, I see where the misunderstanding is. I'm not saying that the audience they are targeting right now is bigger than their previous one, but that this specific audience is on an unprecedented huge rise these past few years. Yeah, bad wording on my part.

They expect 4 million for this quarter (ending 31st of March) not LTD... besides, there's no horror First Person game that got such numbers or even close.

They obviously don't expect to lose 100% of their previous Resident Evil audience.

Celine

Doesn't matter. If you got Switch with 1 2 Switch and want to boast about/showcase it at some party, you now can thanks to the tabletop mode (wasn't possible with the Wii, wasn't possible with any single handheld outside oddities like Lynx and WonderSwan). And 1 2 Switch is just the most obvious candidate, any game with local multiplayer will also be suitable. Potential for Wii style word of mouth is huge there.
1 2 Switch doesn't really rely on tabletop mode too much because it's basically a screen-less game (at best you select the minigame and watch the results on Switch screen).
Super Bomberman R and Snipperclips are positioned to be the killer app for tabletop mode.
Speaking of Snipperclips if I was Nintendo I would marketed the hell out of Snipperclips by showing an ad where a couple play its coop mode in a bedroom through Switch tabletop mode (with some sort of innuendo or dirty talk lol).
I believe this kind of intimate experience which require a small screen to be shared with each a own set of controllers in an uncommon place for a console like the bedroom of a married couple cannot be matched as well by traditional consoles or mobiles/tablets and can sell the console (who doesn't want to share a fun experience with his better half?).

I fee like the change to FPS isn't as a big as a detractor as there being none of the returning cast. The cast often create hype in the RE story and this one seems untold at the moment.

So the West is gonna have to save RE7 just like FFXV?

RE was always dependant on the West. A 400k decrease in Japan isn't really notable from such a perspective, though RE7 will probably be a decline from RE6/5 due to the direction they've taken with the game.

No I'm not even expecting a smaller Switch. I'm expecting them to sell a Switch with no dock, no HDMI cable, no adapter, no Joycon grip, for 19800yen. That is their next handheld for 2018 and beyond.
Why no take advantage of a Tegra SOC refresh instead that is likely to come in 2018 and offer a new Portable form factor?

What do you think of this product?
  • Clamshell design.
  • Same screen dimensions but with less bezel.
  • Detachable controllers of the same dimensions that attach to the bottom part of the clamshell.
  • Joycons come with circle pads but are also compatible with Switch Joycons version 1.0.
  • Bottom clamshell besides holding the Joycons hosts the battery.
  • Height and Width are substantially reduced although thickness is incresed. Yet the portability is enhanced thanks to the clamshell and the new process node reduces the "screen body" part due to not needing the fan and less space for ventilation.
  • Enhanced battery life due to node shrink and no fan needed.
Having a new form factor has a refreshing effect on sales and adds a new functionality complementiong the original product. It also make early adopters consider the new device which translates in extra sales.

Edit: The dock will only get cheaper as time goes buy to the point that it might not be worthwhile to take that important functionality out of the original model.

Although yes, offering a handicapped Switch (dockless) is a far more easy path for Nintendo to follow.

Datschge

1 2 Switch doesn't really rely on tabletop mode too much because it's basically a screen-less game (at best you select the minigame and watch the results on Switch screen).
Well, it "relies" on tabletop mode as that's the minimal configuration possible for any Switch game: Switch main unit and some Joycons. Though a haptic sequel to Soundvoyager would be great now that you mention it. ^^

----

Regarding cheaper redesigns of the Switch, a screenless "Shield TV" version of Switch is more likely than a handheld version that actually cuts vital features outside of forgoing accessories like the dock and controller shell. But that would be something more specifically for the Western market anyway.

Takao

Banned
Another "obvious" Switch game fall into the 3ds "trap"
It would have been a batter situation for Switch perception to see a FE combo (3ds games but Switch confirmed in the pipeline) but capcom (and level5) dont seem so keen
I think that SE and Atlus are the only significant third parties having done that with DQ and SMT (Nis games seem pretty irrelevant in terms of actual sales)

How was that an "obvious Switch game?" Capcom is a dying company and as a result, you see frugality in all their releases. To make matters worse, the first of those games didn't exactly blow the doors down. This is just a cheap asset recycle.

I wonder what SE expectations are for DQ Heroes 1-2? Over 200k people already bought a portable version of DH Heroes 2, so DQ Heroes on the go isn't really a new thing for consumers.

That handheld was never promised a mainline Dragon Quest, so I imagine they're angling it for 3DS owners who never touched the PlayStation platforms.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Since Nintendo Switch made its first appearance on Comgnet yesterday, here's a list of Comgnet preorder debuts, Comgnet preorder final days and actual first week sales of the games that charted on Comgnet (Media Create)

Nintendo 3DS

Pre-order start

[3DS] Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle - 75pt

Pre-order final day (actually, the day before the final day, due to February 26th, 2011 chart missing)

[3DS] Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle - 189pt
[3DS] Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition - 61pt
[3DS] Samurai Warriors: Chronicles - 58pt
[3DS] Nintendogs + Cats: Shiba & New Friends - 40pt
[3DS] Ridge Racer 3D - 37pt
[3DS] Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D - 32pt

Actual first week sales

03. / 00. [3DS] Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (Level 5) {2011.02.26} - 119.591 / NEW
05. / 00. [3DS] Nintendogs + Cats (French Bulldog, Shiba, Toy Poodle & New Friends) (Nintendo) {2011.02.26} - 64.213 / NEW
06. / 00. [3DS] Samurai Warriors: Chronicles (Koei Tecmo) {2011.02.26} - 49.327 / NEW
07. / 00. [3DS] Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition (Capcom) {2011.02.26} - 44.649 / NEW
08. / 00. [3DS] Ridge Racer 3D (Bandai Namco) {2011.02.26} - 38.226 / NEW
15. / 00. [3DS] Winning Eleven 3DSoccer (Konami) {2011.02.26} - 24.556 / NEW

PlayStation Vita

Pre-order start

No game in top 20 at debut (#20 at 42pt); first sight on November 5th, 2011 with Hot Shots Golf 6 - 46pt

Pre-order final day

[PSV] Hot Shots Golf 6 - 59pt
[PSV] Uncharted: Golden Abyss - 45pt
[PSV] Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention - 34pt
[PSV] Ridge Racer - 33pt

Actual first week sales

07./00. [PSV] Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational <SPT> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2011.12.17} (¥4.980) - 61.412 / NEW
08./00. [PSV] Uncharted: Golden Abyss <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2011.12.17} (¥5.980) - 48.224 / NEW
18./00. [PSV] Dynasty Warriors Next <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2011.12.17} (¥6.090) - 29.181 / NEW
19./00. [PSV] Lord of Apocalypse <RPG> (Square Enix) {2011.12.17} (¥5.980) - 28.742 / NEW
22./00. [PSV] Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention <SLG> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2011.12.17} (¥6.090)
28./00. [PSV] Ridge Racer <RCE> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.12.17} (¥3.980)

Wii U

Pre-order start

[WIU] New Super Mario Bros. U - 28pt

Final pre-order day

[WIU] New Super Mario Bros. U - 200pt
[WIU] Monster Hunter 3G HD Version - 75pt
[WIU] Nintendo Land - 54pt

Actual first week sales

02./00. [WIU] New Super Mario Bros. U <ACT> (Nintendo) {2012.12.08} (¥5.985) - 163.528 / NEW
04./00. [WIU] Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate # <ACT> (Capcom) {2012.12.08} (¥4.800) - 106.388 / NEW *
06./00. [WIU] Nintendo Land <ETC> (Nintendo) {2012.12.08} (¥4.935) - 72.121 / NEW

* = actual first week sales include the Limited Wii U MH bundle, while Comgnet pre-orders don't

PlayStation 4

Pre-order start

No game in number 20 at debut (#20 at 28pt); first sight on November 22nd, 2013, with Yakuza: Ishin - 19pt

Final pre-order day

[PS4] Yakuza: Ishin! - 80 pts
[PS4] Battlefield 4 - 35 pt
[PS4] Killzone: Shadow Fall - 21pt

Actual first week sales

03./00. [PS4] Yakuza: Ishin! <ADV> (Sega) {2014.02.22} (¥8.600) - 82.540 / NEW
07./00. [PS4] Killzone: Shadow Fall <ACT> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2014.02.22} (¥7.245) - 32.336 / NEW
08./00. [PS4] Battlefield 4 <ACT> (Electronic Arts) {2014.02.22} (¥7.665) - 24.799 / NEW

Ōkami

1. [PS4] Gravity Rush 2 - 93
  2. [PS4] Valkyria: Revolution - 73
  3. [3DS] Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World - 46
  4. [PSV] Valkyria: Revolution - 43
  5. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue - 41
  6. [PSV] Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony - 27
  7. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki - 27
  8. [3DS] Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS - 25
  9. [3DS] Pokemon Moon - 23
  10. [3DS] Momotaro Dentetsu 2017: Tachiagare Nippon!! - 18
  11. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V [New Price Edition] - 16
  12. [3DS] Pokemon Sun - 16
  13. [PS4] Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony - 12
  14. [3DS] Mario Party: Star Rush - 11
  15. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo - 11
  16. [PS4] Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege - 9
  17. [3DS] Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World (amiibo set) - 9
  18. [3DS] Miitopia - 9
Preorders
[3DS] Monster Hunter XX - 491
[PS4] Resident Evil 7: biohazard - 178
[NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 111
[PS4] Super Robot Wars V - 68
[PSV] Super Robot Wars V - 55
[PS4] Nier: Automata - 53
[PS4] Gran Turimo Sport - 51
[NSW] 1 2 Switch - 41
[3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 - Professional - 39
[PS4] Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 + II.5 Remix - 18
[NSW] Mario Kart 8: Deluxe - 15
[PS4] NiOh - 14

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
&#332;kami;228886901 said:
  1. [PS4] Gravity Rush 2 - 93
  2. [PS4] Valkyria: Revolution - 73
  3. [3DS] Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World - 46
  4. [PSV] Valkyria: Revolution - 43
  5. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue - 41
  6. [PSV] Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony - 27
  7. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki - 27
  8. [3DS] Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS - 25
  9. [3DS] Pokemon Moon - 23
  10. [3DS] Momotaro Dentetsu 2017: Tachiagare Nippon!! - 18
  11. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V [New Price Edition] - 16
  12. [3DS] Pokemon Sun - 16
  13. [PS4] Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony - 12
  14. [3DS] Mario Party: Star Rush - 11
  15. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo - 11
  16. [PS4] Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege - 9
  17. [3DS] Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World (amiibo set) - 9
  18. [3DS] Miitopia - 9
Preorders
[3DS] Monster Hunter XX - 491
[PS4] Resident Evil 7: biohazard - 178
[NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 111
[PS4] Super Robot Wars V - 68
[PSV] Super Robot Wars V - 55
[PS4] Nier: Automata - 53
[PS4] Gran Turimo Sport - 51
[NSW] 1 2 Switch - 41
[3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 3 - Professional - 39
[PS4] Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 + II.5 Remix - 18
[NSW] Mario Kart 8: Deluxe - 15
[PS4] NiOh - 14

Zelda and 1 2 Switch keep on surprising me, hopefully some of the third party stuff starts appearing soon on Comgnet top 20. Looking at how things are going, one between Bomberman and Dragon Quest Heroes I-II should be the first 3rd party game to appear on Comgnet charts. Also, NiOh doesn't appear that high, but it's about 3 weeks away, so there's still time.

I'll probably bring back Comgnet comparisons in the next future

Alrus

Seeing those launch software numbers, I completely forget how bad they were.

The 3DS launch lineup was quite shit huh (and it was better in Japan than elsewhere).

Also those preorders for Zelda seem quite nice. Hope it keeps up.

Oregano

Ni-Oh bombing would be terrible news for Koei Tecmo. It should do well in the west though with Sony's backing.

Seeing those launch software numbers, I completely forget how bad they were.

The 3DS launch lineup was quite shit huh (and it was better in Japan than elsewhere).

Yup, the 3DS' lineup was dreadful for the first year. The biggest game until the holy trinity was Ocarina of Time. It was so bad that Senran Kagura was a notable release.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance HD
Kingdom Hearts &#967;: Back Cover
Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth by Sleep - A Fragmentary Passage

Are the KH names some kind of inside joke?

Wow Zelda is crushing it.

I think it has a chance to be the best selling entry, considering the big marketing push from Nintendo.

gconsole

Wow Zelda is crushing it.

I think it has a chance to be the best selling entry, considering the big marketing push from Nintendo.

It has to. There are at least couple of months with no other high profile game release on the system. So Breath of wilds has all the chance to push sell number.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
How was that an "obvious Switch game?" Capcom is a dying company and as a result, you see frugality in all their releases. To make matters worse, the first of those games didn't exactly blow the doors down. This is just a cheap asset recycle.

That handheld was never promised a mainline Dragon Quest, so I imagine they're angling it for 3DS owners who never touched the PlayStation platforms.

Well at least DQH1 hasn't been on a handheld before right? I guess there's a bit of a draw there for folks who want to play that on the go.

ethomaz

Banned
Why just to Japan? It has been impossible to buy a PS4 Pro here in Singapore since late November. All stores have been saying Sony can't resupply them.
The article talks about Taiwan, UK and others places...

I guess US is where Sony delivered good.

BTW I posted in the wrong thread lol week 1 instead 2.

horuhe

Rakuten Books Sales Ranking Week 3, 2017 (Jan 16 - Jan 22)

01./00. [3DS] Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World <ACT> (Nintendo)
02./07. [3DS] Pokémon Sun <RPG> (Pokémon Co.)
03./00. [PS4] Gravity Rush 2 <ADV> (Sony Interactive)
04./05. [3DS] Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS <ACT> (Nintendo)
05./02. [PSV] Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft)
06./04. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki <RPG> (Level 5)
07./06. [3DS] Pokémon Moon <RPG> (Pokémon Co.)
08./00. [PS4] Valkyria Revolution <SLG> (Sega)
09./01. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue <RPG> (Square Enix)
10./16. [PS4] Final Fantasy XV <RPG> (Square Enix)
11./11. [3DS] Miitopia <SLG> (Nintendo)
12./03. [PS4] Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft)
13./08. [3DS] Momotaro Dentetsu 2017: Tachiagare Nippon!! <TBL> (Nintendo)
14./09. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo <ETC> (Nintendo)
15./12. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V [New Price Edition] <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive)
16./14. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Sony Interactive)
17./17. [PS4] Watch Dogs 2 <ADV> (Ubisoft)
18./00. [PSV] Valkyria Revolution <SLG> (Sega)
19./21. [PS4] Battlefield 1 <ACT> (Electronic Arts)
20./23. [PS4] Resident Evil 6 <ADV> (Capcom)

Rakuten Books Pre-Orders Ranking Week 3, 2017 (Jan 16 - Jan 22)

01./00. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild <ADV> (Nintendo)
02./01. [PS4] Resident Evil VII: biohazard (Grotesque Ver.) <ADV> (Capcom)
03./00. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe <RCE> (Nintendo)
04./00. [3DS] Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (Limited Edition) <SLG> (Nintendo)
05./00. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Collector's Edition) <ADV> (Nintendo)
06./00. [NSW] 1-2-Switch <TBL> (Nintendo)
07./00. [NSW] Super Bomberman R <ACT> (Konami)
08./00. [WiiU] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild <ADV> (Nintendo)
09./03. [3DS] Monster Hunter XX <ACT> (Capcom)
10./06. [PS4] Nier: Automata <RPG> (Square Enix)

Rakuten Books Ranking Week 2, 2017 (Jan 09 - Jan 15)

***WARNING***

* Note: Games on the Rakuten Books Rankings are ONLY based on sales at Rakuten Books and does NOT count games sold by other retailers at Rakuten.
** Note 2: Games on the Pre-Orders Ranking are counted as net sales, so it might possibly affect the games listed on the Sales Ranking, since those sales are NOT added afterwards.

hiska-kun

Tsutaya's Ranking Week 3 2017

01./00. [PS4] Gravity Rush 2 <ADV> (Sony Interactive Entertainment)
02./00. [PS4] Valkyria Revolution <SLG> (Sega)
03./00. [3DS] Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World <ACT> (Nintendo)
04./00. [PSV] Valkyria Revolution <SLG> (Sega)

05./01. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue <RPG> (Square Enix)
06./06. [3DS] Yo-kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki <RPG> (Level 5)
07./02. [PSV] Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft)
08./05. [3DS] Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS <ACT> (Nintendo)
09./04. [3DS] Momotaro Dentetsu 2017: Tachiagare Nippon!! <TBL> (Nintendo)
10./07. [3DS] Pokemon Sun <RPG> (Pokemon Co.)
11./08. [3DS] Pokemon Moon <RPG> (Pokemon Co.)
12./03. [PS4] Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft)
13./17. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V [New Price Edition] <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan)
14./15. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment)
15./14. [3DS] Miitopia <SLG> (Nintendo)
16./12. [PS4] Final Fantasy XV <RPG> (Square Enix)
17./13. [3DS] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball Heroes <SPT> (Konami)
18./10. [PS4] Yakuza 6: The Song of Life <ADV> (Sega)
19./18. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo <ETC> (Nintendo)
20./00. [3DS] Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World <Amiibo Set> <ACT> (Nintendo)

KtSlime

Super Bomberman R and Snipperclips are positioned to be the killer app for tabletop mode.
Speaking of Snipperclips if I was Nintendo I would marketed the hell out of Snipperclips by showing an ad where a couple play its coop mode in a bedroom through Switch tabletop mode (with some sort of innuendo or dirty talk lol).
I believe this kind of intimate experience which require a small screen to be shared with each a own set of controllers in an uncommon place for a console like the bedroom of a married couple cannot be matched as well by traditional consoles or mobiles/tablets and can sell the console (who doesn't want to share a fun experience with his better half?).

At the Switch Experience event I got to play snipper clips or whatever it is called in English in table top mode with a complete stranger, the screen is large enough that we didn't have to cuddle up or anything. There was probably a bit over a foot between both of our chairs, yet seeing the screen was still comfortable.

jonno394

Capcpom seems to be very lukewarm about switch support... No MH XX, no great ace attorney, no rep at the event, an overpriced late port at launch... What's happening? They have been one the best third party support on 3DS.

It's very early days yet. Took months before a "real" Capcom game appeared on the 3DS, Monster Hunter 3 port arrived 10 months after launch.

I wouldn't worry about their support just yet, but doesn't look great atm.

Vena

Capcpom seems to be very lukewarm about switch support... No MH XX, no great ace attorney, no rep at the event, an overpriced late port at launch... What's happening? They have been one the best third party support on 3DS.

You guys really need to come to terms with "this game is on an old engine, we don't want to port the entire engine and all its assets, and we started working on this title a year or more ago and the Switch was barely a thing yet".

Shengar

MH XX 3DS is about to release on March. You can't expect them to come out and said "Hey:-D there's new MH for Switch" while not expecting their MH XX to tank. I get it that MH is the sign of Capcom committed support on Nintendo handheld, but with current situation there's just no way Capcom going to announce anything MH related on Switch. Even they have to specifically said about it in the MH Direct last December to keep people expectation in check. Switch isn't out yet, and there's a 3DS MH abound, just because Capcom keep silent on Switch that doesn't mean they're going to not support it.

Have some patience people.

Top Bottom