• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 2, 2017 (Jan 09 - Jan 15)

Vena

I can confirm that is in fact a picture of the Nintendo Switch.

Are you sure? I'd like to present an alternative to that statement, I think that's a PS4!

Breath of the Wild and 1 2 Switch keep on doing a lot better than I thought. I just hope third party games will appear soon :p

I continue to stand by my statement that large swathes of GAF have gone completely tone deaf on certain game/genre types.

Grade-A drinking game to go along with Cards Against Humanity, is what the 12Switch is...

duckroll

Didn't think this was worth its own thread but I saw this on Gonintendo:
Nintendo Switch officially releases in Singapore on 3rd March 2017.
Share the good news with your friends!

The Facebook page its from seems to be a fan page(from what I can tell). Is there any indication Switch is releasing any time soon in Singapore?

EDIT: Totally mangled the post!

"Officially"... "fan page".... wooooooooooow amazing "news".

There's no doubt that the Switch will be "released" here on the same day as the US because Maxsoft officially distributes US model hardware units for the Singapore region. The only question is how many units are available at launch. I already put down 50 bucks for it at a local store so I better get one. :p

casiopao

There's no doubt that the Switch will be "released" here on the same day as the US because Maxsoft officially distributes US model hardware units for the Singapore region. The only question is how many units are available at launch. I already put down 50 bucks for it at a local store so I better get one. :p

Lol. I also already put 90 bucks here lol. And seeing is just neighbour of Singapore, i bet we are going to get some of that Maxsoft unit too.^^

Hope it releases in Singapore or Malaysia soon. I think I'll be in Singapore in March 3rd but no idea where I can preorder. Any idea for a store near the airport area?

Sorry if off-topic.

Grade-A drinking game to go along with Cards Against Humanity, is what the 12Switch is...

The preorder numbers and sales will speak for themselves, but I still don't get it. Drinking games typically involve more than two players. I'll be glad for Nintendo if it's a hit, but I'll also find that success baffling.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
1/24 - Preorders (with difference in preorders since Mpl90's post 2 days back).
[3DS] Monster Hunter XX - 493 (+2)
[PS4] Resident Evil 7 - 180 (+2)
[NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 123 (+12)

[PS4] Nier: Automata - 53 pt (+0)
[PS4] Gran Turismo SPORT Limited Edition - 51 (+0)
[PS4] Super Robot Taisen V - 68 (+0)
[PS4] Yonmegami Online: Cyber Dimension Neptune - 58 pt
[PSV] Super Robot Taisen V - 55
[NSW] 1-2-Switch - 47 (+6)
[3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 Professional - 40 (+1)

[PS4] Ao No Kanata no four Rhythm HD Edition 39 pt
[PS4] Kingdom Hearts - HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix - 18 pt
[PS4] よるのないくに2 ~新月の花嫁~ プレミアムボックス (初回封入特典(ゲーム内で使えるダウンロードシリアル) 同梱) - 17
[NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 16 (+1)
[PS4] Nioh - 14 pt

1/25 Comgnet Preorders
[3DS] Monster Hunter XX - 493 (+0)
[PS4] Resident Evil 7 - 186 (+6)
[NSW] The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild - 131 (+8)

[PS4] Super Robot Taisen V - 68 (+0)
[PS4] Yonmegami Online: Cyber Dimension Neptune - 61 (+3)
[PS4] Nier: Automata - 53 pt (+0)
[PS4] Gran Turismo SPORT Limited Edition - 51 (+0)
[NSW] 1-2-Switch - 49 (+2)
[3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 Professional - 42 (+2)

[PS4] Ao No Kanata no four Rhythm HD Edition - 39 (+0)
[PS4] Kingdom Hearts - HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix - 18 (+0)
[NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 17 (+1)
[PS4] not according to 2 ~ New Moon bride ~ Premium Box 17 (+0)
[PS4] Nioh - 14 (+0)

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Ōkami;229038552 said:
Oh man, daily comgnet updates.

Sorry is it overkill? Lol... Less frequent is probably better (but it's fun when the preorder numbers are actually increasing a decent amount day by day)... Btw I remember there being an archive for the comgnet preorders? Anyone have the link for that?

crinale

Seems like Comg accepts Switch preorder only if Zelda or 1,2,Switch is ordered at the same time.
(So it's more like store bundle, except you don't get any discount).

duckroll

Hope it releases in Singapore or Malaysia soon. I think I'll be in Singapore in March 3rd but no idea where I can preorder. Any idea for a store near the airport area?

Sorry if off-topic.

There's really no point buying a Switch here if you're on holiday. The prices probably aren't going to be better than where you are from (unless you can't get a Switch in your country). Pre-orders here are mostly on a shop by shop basis, with deposit.

horuhe

Btw I remember there being an archive for the comgnet preorders? Anyone have the link for that?

Yeah, kore! http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~taku64/cong/ The problem is that is updated only until December, 25th (2016), so to be aware of the following days, you need to refer to that banned site that I can't write here.
Chartz

So 493 COMG preorders for MonHun would indicate around, what - 600k first week or so, if it launched tomorrow?

Double Cross will have less than 1:1000 of ratio and you are assuming a 1:1200. Honestly I can't see it. But, it will depend on how it performs on its last week.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
I know that. Bundled games are sales too, no matter how uneasy that makes some people.

It doesn't make people uneasy.

People just rightfully acknowledge that Knack would have been a super bomba without being bundled.

Knack was bundled to help sell Knack.

Mario Kart et al are bundled to give more value to hardware and push hardware sales.

casiopao

Welp, every week, everyone seems to be so passive aggressive towards each other there lol.^^

Can't we just enjoy this soo exciting time for Japan gaming market there? As it had been one hell of a long time since a new hardware is going to rock the market here^^

hiska-kun

It doesn't make people uneasy.

People just rightfully acknowledge that Knack would have been a super bomba without being bundled.

Knack was bundled to help sell Knack.

Mario Kart et al are bundled to give more value to hardware and push hardware sales.

Don't worry, this year Knack 2 will be released and its amazing sales will put everything on place.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Welp, every week, everyone seems to be so passive aggressive towards each other there lol.^^

Can't we just enjoy this soo exciting time for Japan gaming market there? As it had been one hell of a long time since a new hardware is going to rock the market here^^

Can't believe it is only a little more than a month away. Can't wait for the line pictures "=0

Don't worry, this year Knack 2 will be released and its amazing sales will put everything on place.

Back in first grade I would have barely been able to count as high as Knack 2 is gonna reach. Man the world was so big back then...

L~A

Nintendo eShop Sales: Week 3, 2017 (Jan 16 - Jan 22)

Nintendo 3DS

(N) 01. Farewell, BoxBoy! (Nintendo) [02.2.2017]
(=) 02. The Battle Cats POP (Ponos) [31.5.2015]
(N) 03. Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World (Nintendo) [19.1.2017]
(N) 04. CREEPING TERROR (mebius) [18.1.2017]
(+1) 05. Tank Troopers (Nintendo) [21.12.2016]
(B) 06. Pokémon Yellow Version: Special Pikachu Edition (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [27.2.2016]
(+3) 07. Animal Crossing: New Leaf – Welcome amiibo (Nintendo) [23.11.2016]
(-4) 08. Cube Creator 3D (Arc System Works) [15.7.2016]
(=) 09. Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo) [01.12.2016]
(-9) 10. Super Mario Bros. 3 (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [01.1.2013]

Wii U

(+2) 01. Minecraft: Wii U Edition (Microsoft Japan) [17.12.2015]
(+4) 02. Super Mario Maker (Nintendo) [10.9.2015]
(B) 03. Splatoon (Nintendo) [28.5.2015]
(-3) 04. Super Mario World (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [27.4.2013]
(+5) 05. Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo) [29.5.2014]
(B) 06. Fire Emblem (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [14.5.2014]
(B) 07. Bomberman 94 (Konami, Virtual Console) [19.11.2014]
(B) 08. Xenoblade Chronicles (Nintendo, Wii Download on Wii U) [27.7.2016]
(B) 09. Super Mario 64 (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [08.4.2015]
(B) 10. Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [02.9.2015]

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/a2612263-de0b-11e6-9aaf-063b7ac45a6d.html

Oregano

Cool, that's why I was asking. I had no clue if there had been an actual announcement from Nintendo or something.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Seems like Comg accepts Switch preorder only if Zelda or 1,2,Switch is ordered at the same time.
(So it's more like store bundle, except you don't get any discount).

Mmmh, this changes how we should judge Comgnet numbers a bit, doesn't it? I mean, the fact they cannot acccept Switch preorders without preordering Zelda/1,2,Switch means they'll obviously have an advantage in pts; at the same time, the lack of a discount means that, even if "forced", we can still say there is good interest (specifically at Comgnet) for both Zelda and 1 2 Switch, and for the Switch itself, otherwise they wouldn't be that high at all, correct me if I'm wrong.

horuhe

Rakuten Pre-Orders Week [Switch Edition] (Jan 21 - Jan 22)

01./00. [NSW] Nintendo Switch Joy-Con (L) / (R) Grey <H-W> (Nintendo) - *[Rakuten Books]* (01)
02./00. [NSW] Nintendo Switch Joy-Con (L) Neon Blue / (R) Neon Red <H-W> (Nintendo) - *[Rakuten Books]* (02)
03./00. [NSW] Nintendo Switch Pro Controller <H-W> (Nintendo) - *[Rakuten Books]* (04)
04./00. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild <ADV> (Nintendo) - *[Rakuten Books]* (05)
05./00. [NSW] Nintendo Switch Joy-Con (L) / (R) Grey (Rakuten Relief Extended Warranty Set) <H-W> (Nintendo) - *[Rakuten Books]* (08)
06./00. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Collector's Edition) <ADV> (Nintendo) - *[Rakuten Books]* (09)
07./00. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe <RCE> (Nintendo) - *[Rakuten Books]* (10)
08./00. [NSW] Nintendo Switch Joy-Con (L) Neon Blue / (R) Neon Red (Rakuten Relief Extended Warranty Set) <H-W> (Nintendo) - *[Rakuten Books]* (11)
09./00. [NSW] 1-2-Switch <TBL> (Nintendo) - *[Rakuten Books]* (14)
10./00. [NSW] Nintendo Switch Joy-Con (L) / (R) Grey <H-W> (Nintendo) - *[k-three]* (21)
11./00. [NSW] Nintendo Switch Joy-Con (L) / (R) Grey + 8 Simultaneos Release Software Set <H-W> (Nintendo) - *[Rakuten Books]* (23)
12./00. [NSW] Nintendo Switch Joy-Con (L) Neon Blue / (R) Neon Red <H-W> (Nintendo) - *[Media World]* (24)
13./00. [NSW] Nintendo Switch Carrying Case <XXX> (Nintendo) - *[Rakuten Books]* (26)
14./00. [NSW] Super Bomberman R <ACT> (Konami) - *[Rakuten Books]* (28)
15./00. [NSW] Joy-Con (L) Neon Blue / (R) Neon Red <H-W> (Nintendo) - *[Rakuten Books]* (32)
16./00. [NSW] Dragon Quest Heroes I·II <RPG> (Square Enix) - *[Rakuten Books]* (33)
17./00. [NSW] Nintendo Switch Joy-Con (L) Neon Blue / (R) Neon Red <H-W> (Nintendo) - *[k-three]* (38)
18./00. [NSW] Nintendo Switch Joy-Con (L) Neon Blue / (R) Neon Red + 8 Simultaneos Release Software Set <H-W> (Nintendo) - *[Rakuten Books]* (40)
19./00. [NSW] Nintendo Switch Joy-Con (L) Neon Blue / (R) Neon Red <H-W> (Nintendo) - *[SPW]* (44)
20./00. [NSW] Nintendo Switch Joy-Con (L) / (R) Grey <H-W> (Nintendo) - *[Media World]* (53)

Source: Rakuten

Rymuth

So with Cube Creator DX, here's what the 3DS line-up for this year looks like (retail-only, probably missing a couple really minor ones):

February 2nd

[3DS] BoxBoy! Hakozume Box

February 9th

[3DS] Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 Professional

March 2nd

[3DS] Doraemon: Nobita no Nankyoku Kachikochi Dai Bouken

March 16th

[3DS] Manga Yume Debut Monogatari: Sutekina Manga o Egakou
[3DS] Future Card Buddy Fight: Mezase! Buddy Champion!

March 18th

[3DS] Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross)

March 30th

[3DS] Attack on Titan: Shichi Kara no Dasshutsu
[3DS] The Alliance Alive
[3DS] Mario Sports Superstars

April 20th

[3DS] Pro Yakyuu Famista Climax
[3DS] Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
[3DS] Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Limited Edition

April 27th

[3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X
[3DS] Cube Creator DX

Spring 2017

[3DS] Lady Layton: The Millionaire Ariadone’s Conspiracy

July 2017

[3DS] The Snack World

Fall 2017

[New 3DS] Fire Emblem Warriors

[3DS] Ever Oasis
[3DS] Dragon Quest XI: Sugisarishi Toki o Motomete
[3DS] Pikmin
[3DS] Yo-kai Watch 3 (Ver. 3.0 update)
[3DS] Shin Megami Tensei project
[3DS] Farming Simulator 18
[3DS] Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2?
Where is Megaton Musashi, you philistine?

duckroll

That is quite the preorder ranking.

You realize that's not Switch completely dominating 20 slots right? It's horuhe extracting all the Switch related preorders from the larger list and ranking them. The actual top20 has 9 Switch items and 11 non-Switch items.

L~A

Where is Megaton Musashi, you philistine?

No way in hell this is releasing this year, on any platform. At least for Lady Layton and Snack World, we saw the actual game during the Level-5 Vision 2016 event. Megaton Musashi only had the pilot anime and concept pics, so I doubt we're getting anything in 2017 (especially given the usual Level-5 delays).

Sandfox

No way in hell this is releasing this year, on any platform. At least for Lady Layton and Snack World, we saw the actual game during the Level-5 Vision 2016 event. Megaton Musashi only had the pilot anime and concept pics, so I doubt we're getting anything in 2017 (especially given the usual Level-5 delays).

It's supposed to hit in the summer, but a delay wouldn't surprise me at all.

enishi

News about an Hong Kong release date and price for Switch?

Preorder officially started on 21 Jan, although most shops broke this date and accepted preorder on 13/14 Jan. Almost all preorder for 3 Mar has already gone by now.

Nintendo HK sets HKD 2340 for console, HKD 347 for USD 49.99 games (bomberman, 1-2-Switch), HKD 478 for Zelda

Bomberman and USF2 will come with Traditional Chinese version

Almost all preorders must be with Zelda AND 1-2-Switch

hiska-kun

Mmmh, this changes how we should judge Comgnet numbers a bit, doesn't it? I mean, the fact they cannot acccept Switch preorders without preordering Zelda/1,2,Switch means they'll obviously have an advantage in pts; at the same time, the lack of a discount means that, even if "forced", we can still say there is good interest (specifically at Comgnet) for both Zelda and 1 2 Switch, and for the Switch itself, otherwise they wouldn't be that high at all, correct me if I'm wrong.

To be fair, I don't think that many people will buy Switch without any of these two games.

duckroll

Just been informed that the Switch is going to be bundle only when it launches here. Switch + Zelda + 1 2 Switch. Looks like they're going to make me waste 50 bucks or more on a party game I don't need. Oh well, gonna subject friends to cow milking then. TOO BAD FOR THEM.

._.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Preorder officially started on 21 Jan, although most shops broke this date and accepted preorder on 13/14 Jan. Almost all preorder for 3 Mar has already gone by now.

Nintendo HK sets HKD 2340 for console, HKD 347 for USD 49.99 games (bomberman, 1-2-Switch), HKD 478 for Zelda

Bomberman and USF2 will come with Traditional Chinese version

Almost all preorders must be with Zelda AND 1-2-Switch

thank you very much.
the prices, as usual, should be an advantage over our EU ones. and not by a small margin.
do you think it will be possible around launch dates (let's say march 3/10) to walk in an electronic shop and by one without preordering it?

duckroll

Currently in Singapore the Switch is ????, Zelda is 79 SGD, 1-2 Switch is 69 SGD. But we can get a decent comparison since the Switch is the same price as the WiiU Mario Kart 8 Bundle almost everywhere, and that costs 439 SGD here.

I'm expecting the Switch+Zelda+1-2Switch bundle to be 600 SGD max. If it's more I'll be kinda upset.

&#332;kami;229001290 said:
Unless Famitsu is late like in September this week's issue should have December's estimates and we should be getting them tomorrow.

Prepare for one of two things, if Famitsu's estimations for FFXV are in line with what the crazed fans want (100k-200k) then Famitsu's estimations will be the irrefutable truth, else they'll be forever dismissed.

Noctis demands 200k at least. I think FFXV sales as a whole has died down since there is no longer any doubt that the game was an outstanding success overall.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Yes but that doesn't mean we are in a bubble. I said overall for a reason you know.

Yes, but wasn't he talking about Famitsu digital sales estimates, to better judge the Japanese performance?

I firmly believe that we obviously can still talk about region-specific market trends and feedbacks, also for FFXV sales

Top Bottom