• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 21, 2017 (May 22 - May 28)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I feel I should point out he didn't say they were exclusive games. Just that they were being announced at Sony's E3.

They certainly could be exclusive, but that wasn't specified here.

He leads off with a mix of titles that are and aren't exclusives in the quote:

Time said:
Layden says the Japanese publishers are also coming back, listing off recent games like Resident Evil 7, Nioh, Nier: Automata, Persona 5 and Final Fantasy XV as examples. "That's super important for us," he says. "I think a lot of Japanese developers lost their way chasing the mobile games yen, if you will, but they're coming back to console in a major way. And speaking of, we'll have some big announcements at E3 in that precise vein."
Source: http://time.com/4804768/playstation-4-ps4-pro-psvr-sales/

Vena

I feel I should point out he didn't say they were exclusive games. Just that they were being announced at Sony's E3.

They certainly could be exclusive, but that wasn't specified here.

He leads off with a mix of titles that are and aren't exclusives in the quote:

Source: http://time.com/4804768/playstation-4-ps4-pro-psvr-sales/

I say exclusive just because that 4chan leak pegged it as such and it was fairly accurate all things considered, with some incorrect/inconsistencies.

Well an exclusive title, also twitter/insider seems to effectively confirm this now. So, yes, I am going to go with 4chan leak having been valid in some capacity, months ago now.
Wait, there was a legit insider who also said that Monster Hunter is going to be on the PS4?

There's another (fairly similar) leak on 4chan to go along with it.

At this point, I'd be surprised if MH wasn't exclusive-hatted to the PS4.

The most moneyhatted franchise of all time, and it hardly even matters in most countries outside Japan. What a world we live in.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Wait, there was a legit insider who also said that Monster Hunter is going to be on the PS4?

Nah a leak through a person's who's dev friend plays wow with him (which could be legit as leaks have come from stranger places), so far they correctly predicted cross-cross and a cross-cross switch port (though litterally everyone and their mothers predicted this).

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Applying the usual caveats before wading too deeply into comgnet, I do wonder if the Splatoon 2 insanity is eating into other Switch software, at least as far as preorders go (again, at least at comgnet). ARMS still very low, MH XX not charting yet. Meanwhile Splatoon 2 adding almost a 100 a week.

I'll be honest: the past few months on Comgnet have been...strange, with just three titles doing well (Splatoon 2 and DQXi's two SKUs) with other games staying even for several consecutive days without preorders (I think Tekken 7 has been an exception recently). I don't know what to make of it, but maybe it's this trio getting so much attention on it that everything else is getting overshadowed (heck, Splatoon 2 itself has days where overshadows both DQXI SKUs). Arms not growing as much as we thought so far is also a major contrast with what we're witnessing on Amazon.co.jp

http://www.rankbank.net/amaran/history/?date=17060601&cat=videogames&asin=B071CNRZZC

Important baseline increase right after the first Global Testpunch session, and further growth the past weekend (it's currently 4th, btw).

Still, for Monster Hunter I think it's way too soon to get worried. The game's out in almost three months, and I don't think anyone here expected it to have a 1,000,000 opening (heck, 500k might be pushing it), so...no need to be worried for now.

Vena

Nah a leak through a person's who's dev friend plays wow with him (which could be legit as leaks have come from stranger places), so far they correctly predicted cross-cross and a cross-cross switch port (though litterally everyone and their mothers predicted this).

I was talking about shinobi's twitter comment.

Eliseo

"I think a lot of Japanese developers lost their way chasing the mobile games yen, if you will, but they're coming back to console in a major way."

He make it sound like mobile it's some kind of evil entity that seduce big publishers and now they saw the console's light once again!! -_-

Principate

Saint Titanfall
but what if it is? I think MH5 ps4 exclusive will be true though

A leaker reacting at something isn't news, It's not even a nod nod wink wink. Before attributing peoples credibilty to things it has to be more substantial than that.

This is how you get to things like Nibel being reported as a leaker.

lyrick

So IF MH5 PS4 exclusive rumor turns out to be true, do you guys think Switch will get MH games after MHXX?

If it's true there could be a chance that MH5 would be the last in the series.

Tethering that series to a television is not a good idea.

random25

Do we still latch on to that PS4 exclusive MH5? I know Capcom wants that Western cash but their biggest money makers right now for Monster Hunter are the Japanese audience, and they aren't that dumb to throw away guaranteed profits for an exclusive version of the main series (that is also guaranteed to take so much time and money to develop) that Western folks aren't still fond of.

It'll be a multiplat as a safe bet.

Do we still latch on to that PS4 exclusive MH5? I know Capcom wants that Western cash but their biggest money makers right now for Monster Hunter are the Japanese audience, and they aren't that dumb to throw away guaranteed profits for an exclusive version of the main series (that is also guaranteed to take so much time and money to develop) that Western folks aren't still fond of.

this is where you made a mistake

though you're right it isn't PS4 exclusive

sinonobu

Banned

Apparently Shinobi semi-confirmed that it's going to be PS4 exclusive.

Oregano

Walking home so haven't read everything but the idea that Capcom would take the DMC approach is more plausible than them making MH5 in name only.

The things Capcom have done in the last few years shouldn't inspire confidence in you. I have been saying from the start that Capcom is literally so stupid that they would alienate the handheld MH fanbase for the west if Sony money hatted the game. What they have done with Dead Rising and Street Fighter cements that.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
That is a reply to someone expecting mh on PS4 not "exclusively"

It's also litterally just a gif of what the person said (an ominious gif at that),

It's litterally nothing. He may know but you can't construe anything on that reaction.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.

I don't think its outside the realm of possibility to think that Capcom, seeing the popularity of PS4 is making a PS4 exclusive Monster Hunter game.

But I don't believe for a second that the mainline, traditional franchise (whether that is the PS4 game or not) will not be on Switch. You don't announce MH XX 3 months after it came out on 3DS if you're not building the userbase.

jnWake

Everything regarding Capcom lately suggests they didn't have much faith on Switch, even when porting old NES/SNES games. Considering that, the rumoured MH5 wouldn't be that surprising.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Everything regarding Capcom lately suggests they didn't have much faith on Switch, even when porting old NES/SNES games. Considering that, the rumoured MH5 wouldn't be that surprising.

except for, you know, announcing a monster hunter game for release 5 months into the systems life.

jnWake

except for, you know, announcing a monster hunter game for release 5 months into the systems life.

Point is they picked the less risky game for Switch (a 3DS HD remake) and a much more riskier and ambitious game for PS4, if the rumors are true.

Or do you really feel Capcom seems confident on Switch?

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
And yet, they just announced MHXX on it

Sandfox

because it has the Monster Hunter brand name, the game could use the MH brand name to sell games in Japan
Not really. The gameplay and portability are a big part of it's popularity in Japan.

Point is they picked the less risky game for Switch (a 3DS HD remake) and a much more riskier and ambitious game for PS4, if the rumors are true.

Or do you really feel Capcom seems confident on Switch?
Based on the same rumors the Switch will be receiving an original game as well.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Just when I was curious when Monster Hunter talk would start again. One thread without repeating the same things again was a lot of time.

Top Bottom