• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 26, 2013 (Jun 24 - Jun 30)

If Toukiden was vita exclusive, it would have outsold soul sacrifice. I really like the tone of the game but does anyone feel like Sony kinda messed up by making it so dark and gritty? It really limited it's appeal IMO.

Absolutely. If Soul Sacrifice was more... approachable, I think Sony may have had a hit with it.

Yeshua

They should have done a "HD edition" for PC instead for XSEED to localize. Would have outsold this one by a factor of 10 in the first steam sale.

Falcom has re-released the PC version of the whole Sora no Kiseki trilogy a few months ago.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
For Vita Dragon's Crown comes out 7/25, (though it is multi with PS3. Unless I am missing a release that is about it for dated stuff.

Wii U has Pikmin 3 and NSL U on 7/13. W101 is in August, though I doubt it will be a big seller, and Wind Waker HD is 9/26.

And the complete lists for the heck of it (though it's not too much different than what you listed anyway).

Code:
07/13: New Super Luigi U
       Nintendo Land (Wii RemoCon Plus Set Blue)
       Pikmin 3
07/18: Sniper Elite V2
07/25: LEGO City Undercover
08/08: Ryu ga Gotoku 1&2 HD for Wii U
08/24: The Wonderful 101
09/05: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist
09/19: Skylanders: Spyro no Daiboken
09/26: Disney Epic Mickey 2: Futatsu no Ryoku
       San Goku Shi 12 with Power-Up Kit
       Zelda no Densetsu: Kaze no Takuto

Code:
07/25: Dragon's Crown
       NextRev: Care Manager Eiken
       XBLAZE Code: Embryo
08/01: Mind = Zero
08/08: Grisaia no Kajitsu: Le Fruit de la Grisaia
08/22: Conception II: Shichisei no Michibiki to Mazuru no Akumu
       Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Masou Kishin III - Pride of Justice
08/29: Hotchkiss
       Ragnarok Odyssey Ace
09/05: Killzone
09/19: Yahari Game Demo Ore no Seishun Love-Kome Hamachi Gatteiru.
09/26: Chronos Materia
       Eiyuu Densetsu: Sen no Kiseki
       Koshoku Meikyuu Rondo: La Role de Fortune
       Rui wa Tomo o Yobu
       San Goku Shi 12 with Power-Up Kit
10/10: Soccer Tsuku: Pro Soccer Club o Tsukurou!
10/17: Exstetra
10/31: Chou Tsugitsugimono Game Neptune Re:Birth1

Knew it'll be a big week for the Vita. ;) Great numbers for Toukiden.

But 3DS also saw a rise, which I didn't expect. New EO numbers, I don't think is what Atlus was aiming for. Sub-EOIV numbers probably means they should stick to the old formula, but let's see how its legs hold up.

It's a shame third parties ignore the Vita so much. Every time anyhing decent is released it shows it has selling power. I think the Vita will do just fine in Japan when all is said and done.

Even if 3rd parties did start to show lil more intrest the games won't just appear out of thin air unless they are ports tho. I'd think we could get some more announcements later in the year.

Not that I have anything against ports! Gimme Persona 3 Platinum already.

Biggest problem personally with Vita right now is the terribad western sales. Japan might get dem games but we need way more localizations. Even fan translations won't save Vita with how locked down that shit is :(.

There has never been a doubt that games can sell on vita. But we all know it will be bafk to 10k in a 2 weeks. But at least for now the days of vita doing wiiu sales (lol) are over.

ash_ag

[PS1] Digimon World (Bandai) {1999-01-28} - 29,291 / 246,862
[PS1] Digimon World 2 (Bandai) {2000-07-27} - 62,797 / 147,465
[PS1] Digimon World 3 (Bandai) {2002-07-04} - 35,469 / 83,635
[PSP] Digimon World Re:Digitize (Bandai Namco) {2012-07-19} - 85.817 / 200,000ish (I think)
[3DS] Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode (Bandai Namco) {2013.06.27} - - 34.350 / NEW

Durante

I don't know how Omega Force managed to have a native res game as a launch title and then release this but no one else can.
It depends. Some other Vita games try to do too much in terms of effects/lighting and fail horribly in IQ (e.g. western high-end titles like U:GA) others simply don't seem to give a shit (e.g. P4G).

Vinnk

First thing I thought when I saw the numbers was "Good for SmokyDave, this'll make his day".

As for Wii U... Well I'd like to be optimistic but really it had no place to go but up. Unless people really are getting one in anticipation for nintendos big guns, but that seems unlikely.

TheChaos0

It's a shame third parties ignore the Vita so much. Every time anyhing decent is released it shows it has selling power. I think the Vita will do just fine in Japan when all is said and done.

Vita has an amazing attach rate, shame it doesn't have much enthusiasm from... well almost anyone.

kswiston

For Vita Dragon's Crown comes out 7/25, (though it is multi with PS3. Unless I am missing a release that is about it for dated stuff.

Wii U has Pikmin 3 and NSL U on 7/13. W101 is in August, though I doubt it will be a big seller, and Wind Waker HD is 9/26.

It depends. Toukiden wasn't considered a major release when the first demo came out a few months ago.

The only obvious Vita 100k+ FW sellers at the moment are God Eater 2 and FFX/X-2 and these don't have a date.

Thanks. Looks like the Wii U is in a better position for the next few months.

While its poor sales will be a factor going forward, I'm surprised that the release schedule for the Vita was so sparse until now. The PSP sold 20M systems, so you would think that more devs would have been on board with the Vita early on. I guess the announcement that Monster Hunter was jumping ship to the 3DS really killed any momentum the system might have had before release.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
As for Wii U... Well I'd like to be optimistic but really it had no place to go but up. Unless people really are getting one in anticipation for nintendos big guns, but that seems unlikely.

My only thought was possibly a minor bump since it appears Nintendo is advertising the system again.

HardRojo

Nice Vita bump this week, Wii U still failing the Vegeta test and man I wanted TLoU to have a better week after selling 100k+ on its debut.

TheChaos0

It depends. Some other Vita games try to do too much in terms of effects/lighting and fail horribly in IQ (e.g. western high-end titles like U:GA) others simply don't seem to give a shit (e.g. P4G).

Developers should target native res and then go from there, instead of piling up on the effects. Admittedly, I don't notice subres games that much but still.

It really is. I wonder if moving away from traditions like Punis and Hagel hurt sales, or if its just series fatigue. :-/

I wonder why they did it. Punies and Hagels are such iconic things for Atelier series.

Spiegel

And the complete lists for the heck of it (though it's not too much different than what you listed anyway).

There's also Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate 09/26 for Vita

Tecmo Koei and Namco Bandai are saving the system with multiplatform games.

liger05

It's a shame third parties ignore the Vita so much. Every time anyhing decent is released it shows it has selling power. I think the Vita will do just fine in Japan when all is said and done

What number ltd do you see as just fine? 10 mil?

crinale

Yeah I was wondering about that too.

The Vita version was mysteriously delayed, with no proper announcement.
Then yesterday it is revealed that next Gundam TV series will be about Gundam plastic models, and will "collaborate" with Gundam Breaker.
I'm now guessing that's when (whenever the series will be aired) Vita version will be thrown into the market...

SmokyDave

Just wanted to come in and lol at the thought of Dave being ashamed.

Have you ever blushed?

Er... and... great Vita numbers. Who knew that software releases + price cut = sales?
I passed out drunk on the front step once. Was woken up by my dad the following morning and I'd taken my clothes off during the night. We lived on a busy road. I may have blushed then.

I'll never be embarrassed to confess my love for the Vita though. It's a love too strong and pure to deny. I just texted my missus to let her know it sold 30k last week.

Vita has an amazing attach rate, shame it doesn't have much enthusiasm from... well almost anyone.
Do we have any official source for the attach rate? I keep seeing 10 games bandied about, but I don't know where that has come from.

Nice Vita bump this week, Wii U still failing the Vegeta test and man I wanted TLoU to have a better week after selling 100k+ on its debut.

Most games tend to have huge drops in Japan in their second week. I actually think TLoU numbers are quite good. Expected over 80% drop.

L Thammy

All charts launch-aligned. All data from Famitsu.
Weekly numbers presented in logarithmic base 1,000 for clarity. In that case, zero units are represented by one unit.

lTXFN3r.png

fnOiEPT.png

l8Zbj5n.png

Syhcmbl.png

Note, since this draws only from the top 30 it does not represent smaller titles.
e.g., software sales of zero are assumed if the console has no games in the top 30.

l2kzJYw.png

Tally of the number of titles for that platform in the top 30 for each week.
Certain weeks may have titles that aren't represented. These are the PS3's 7th and 25th, and the Wii's 4th and 23rd.

Feel free to criticize or point out mistakes.

What number ltd do you see as just fine? 10 mil?

It's extremely hard to see Vita passing 6-7 million by the end. It's actually hard to see it going that high either to be honest. Vita seems to have found a nice in Japan, but the software lineup is still sparse with no real big games coming out and no real big exclusives to call its own. On the other hand, at least it actually seems to have some 3rd party support unlike Wii U which even though it has much bigger games will have nothing to keep sales up when those games don't come out every week.

RyoonZ

Banned
I passed out drunk on the front step once. Was woken up by my dad the following morning and I'd taken my clothes off during the night. We lived on a busy road. I may have blushed then.

I'll never be embarrassed to confess my love for the Vita though. It's a love too strong and pure to deny. I just texted my missus to let her know it sold 30k last week.

Do we have any official source for the attach rate? I keep seeing 10 games bandied about, but I don't know where that has come from.

Jack Tretton said it at E3

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Oh, come on now.

If Wii U gets 30K sales in a few weeks, you can be damned sure no one would reasonably call it impressive. I don't see why Vita should be seen differently.

I think the reason people are impressed is this kind of came out of nowhere.

Nibel

Oh, come on now.

If Wii U gets 30K sales in a few weeks, you can be damned sure no one would reasonably call it impressive. I don't see why Vita should be seen differently.

I think context is important though

30k for either Vita or Wii U is impressive since you need to consider how these systems sell "normally"

Something big this week guys?

Vinnk

My only thought was possibly a minor bump since it appears Nintendo is advertising the system again.

Could be. The new ads are great, but they really are not getting much play. Haven't seen then in prime time much. Mostly 3DS stuff. But hopefully they will ramp up. I need Nintendo Wii U to do well in Japan and provide a rival for the PS4 or these threads are gonna be really boring the next few years. For that same reason, Go Vita!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Oh, come on now.

Off the back of a new IP. Its pretty impressive. Don't play the party pooper game.

Oh, come on now.

Well I'll be the first to say Vita's sales are expectations are massively lowered from everything else considering where it almost was sales wise, but to be fair no one really expected a huge surge from Toukiden vs it being expected for Pikmin+NSLU+bundle

Off the back of a new IP. Its pretty impressive. Don't play the party pooper game.

Kind of ironic coming from you man =p

hackdog

Banned
01./00. [PS3] Gundam Breaker <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.06.27} (¥7.980) - 200.564 / NEW
08./01. [PS3] The Last of Us <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2013.06.20} (¥5.980) - 32.472 / 149.938 (-72%)

Oh Japan, this says everything.

Coxy

It really is. I wonder if moving away from traditions like Punis and Hagel hurt sales, or if its just series fatigue. :-/

Pretty much series fatigue, they really need to get back to mixing it up with titles like Mana Khemia and Ar Tonelico

SmokyDave

Jack Tretton mentioned it during the E3 press conference.
Ah, I probably missed it over the sound of my sobbing. Glad to hear it confirmed, I suspected that the attach rate might be nuts as it's definitely hardware for the enthusiast.

Oh, come on now.

If Wii U gets 30K sales in a few weeks, you can be damned sure no one would reasonably call it impressive.
Wait 'n' see. I suspect you're wrong. The next 30k Wii-U week will be met with celebrations galore.

I don't see why Vita should be seen differently.
It's been down harder and longer, and people actually care about the device.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Atelier on PS3:

[PS3] Atelier Rorona: Alchemist of Arland (Gust) {2009.06.25} - 47.456 / 75.063
[PS3] 1-2 Totori Atelier - The Alchemist of Arland (Gust) {2010.06.24} - 72.836 / 104.711
[PS3] Atelier Meruru: The Alchemist of Arland 3 (Gust) {2011.06.23} - 100.722 / 137.764
[PS3] Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of the Land of Twilight (Gust) {2012.06.28} - 75.874 / 102.145
[PS3] Atelier Escha & Logy: The Alchemist of Empty Twilight (Gust) {2013.06.27} - 58.169 / NEW

I guess by now there are just too many similar Atelier games on PS3. Maybe they should take a break and do something different like they did with Mana Khemia.

Granted, but considering we're talking 30K, impressive seems like a daft term to be throwing about.

Didn't mean to piss on the bonfire. Carry on. :)
Wait 'n' see. I suspect you're wrong. The next 30k Wii-U week will be met with celebrations galore.
I don't recall these sort of celebrations for Game and Wario week, but I may be misremembering.

I think Toukiden selling extremely well for a new IP is the more impressive thing here.

It's been down harder and longer, and people actually care about the device.

Your love is certainly worth thousands of others.....

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Kind of ironic coming from you man =p
Let's remember this in 2 weeks :)

Hey I don't party poop genuinely impressive sales. Japans whole game buying fervour is in the total dumpster these days, so any audience that is buying 120k+ of a new IP with a sub 2-million install base is good news for baselines.

WiiU will get its jump in less than half a month I guess. We'll see just what power Pikmin still has, or if Nintendo really DOESN'T price drop to accompany it.

Sony advertised the Toukiden Vita. As of now, GE2 will probably sell more on PSP, we don't know if they will favor the PSV version during the marketing campaign.

I don't see why they wouldn't. Hasn't SCEJA's Vita marketing of late basically been all hunting action, all the time?

Top Bottom